Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Are Pastor’s Wives Automatically Anointed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastor’s Wives Automatically Anointed? (388 Views)

Bishop Godday Iboyi Shares Anointed Bread To His Church Members / Pastor's Wives Called First Ladies / Are Pastor Adeboye's Recant Of Various Testimonies Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Pastor’s Wives Automatically Anointed? by tinajohn: 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2019
Read this online... Well worth a look!!!

I have observed a strange trend in Christianity here in Nigeria – it appears the ‘anointing’ of a pastor is automatically transferred to his spouse upon marriage. Rarely do you see a church poster advertising a pastor’s service without his wife standing majestically by his side. Perhaps this explains why the wives of most ‘prophets’ assume the role of ‘prophetess’ in their respective churches.

Going beyond the issue of marriage, many Christian ministries tend to be run like a family business. The pastor’s brother or cousin often heads a church branch and his son is usually primed to take over the ministry. The question is – what role does the Holy Spirit play in the apportioning of such godly roles? In the Bible, Jesus’ 12 disciples were not his blood relations. The prerequisite for the Holy Spirit using you is your openness, willingness and availability – not your blood connection to someone else called by God.

My reason for this musing arose last week whilst watching Emmanuel TV, the television channel belonging to Prophet T.B. Joshua. I was impressed to see Joshua had ‘raised up’ three ministers – two males and one female – who were prophesying, healing and delivering people in The SCOAN. None are his direct relations and two are not even Nigerians!

Someone by the name of Chomba Chongo made this apt observation on Facebook, which actually sums up my musings on this issue: “What I love so much about Prophet T.B. Joshua’s way of ministry administration is that the man completely obeys what the Lord instructs him to do. He has not run to impart the anointing on his biological children, his wife or his very close relatives and friends, so that he can have a hereditary ministry empire – as is a trend by some ministers. Rather, he listens to the will of God. Little wonder then his is a team of supernatural men and women of God with maturity, humility and servitude to God.”

If God is really at the center of our ministries, we should question why key roles and responsibilities – especially in spiritual matters – tend to be assigned to direct relatives or close compatriots of the pastor. He who has ears to hear, let him hear…
Re: Are Pastor’s Wives Automatically Anointed? by Mikora: 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
Just talk say you dey advertise TB Joshua and leave all this long story wey u dey talk there
Re: Are Pastor’s Wives Automatically Anointed? by CreepyBlackpool: 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2019
The Annointing is like an STD
It is sexually transmitted.
That is why pastor's wives are also pastors. And why some pastors sleep with church members during prayer sessions smiley
Re: Are Pastor’s Wives Automatically Anointed? by tinajohn: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2019
Mikora:
Just talk say you dey advertise TB Joshua and leave all this long story wey u dey talk there

I simply used TB Joshua as a good example of someone who does not buck to this trend. This is certainly not an 'advertisement' as you suggest. Rather than criticise, why can't you contribute to the topic
Re: Are Pastor’s Wives Automatically Anointed? by HardGuyHardGuy: 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
The Annointing is like an STD
It is sexually transmitted.
I was about to say this grin grin grin
Re: Are Pastor’s Wives Automatically Anointed? by InansBobo(m): 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2019
Is this why you attend the church? Stick to your purpose of attending Church.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven 30 January 2019 Prayer Points On Today – Care For The Needy / Snake Chase And Bite In A Dream.... What Could This Mean??? / God Is Thinking Of You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.