Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,985 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? (3736 Views)

Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light / We Want PDP To Be Strong Enough To Be Able To Keep Us On Our Toes – APC / In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by marcus1234: 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2010
Will Nigeria be able to make there own car? grin Romania currently has only one type of car they make : Dacia , it`s made in th 60`s in Communist time,

[img]http://s07.flagcounter.com/count/DymW/bg=ffffff/txt=ffffff/border=ffffff/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/[/img]
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by Igwe12: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2010
What world are you living in Dude. Innosson motors started producing nigerian made cars and trucks last year in Nnewi Anambra state. The brand name is IVM-Innosson Vehicle Motors or something. Enugu state and other governements have already started purchasing their vehicles and the quality of the cars can rival any car in the western World. Google Innosson(may be getting the spelling wrong) Motors and see for your self. Something to be proud of in Nigeria-made possible by private individual effort.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by Dawgpound: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2010
I tried googling but it doesn't exist at all.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by Agibecky: 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2010
Yes.
We can make a Made in Nigeria car and the project is in progress in Anambra state.

I have tried to collaborate with someone to design a car with multiple brakes.

I know it is possible.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by Mariory(m): 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2010
Igwe-1:

What world are you living in Dude. Innosson motors started producing nigerian made cars and trucks last year in Nnewi Anambra state. The brand name is IVM-Innosson Vehicle Motors or something. Enugu state and other governements have already started purchasing their vehicles and the quality of the cars can rival any car in the western World. Google Innosson(may be getting the spelling wrong) Motors and see for your self. Something to be proud of in Nigeria-made possible by private individual effort.

Yep

http://innoson-group.com/index.php
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by Horus(m): 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2010
marcus1234:

Will Nigeria be able to make there own car? grin Romania currently has only one type of car they make : Dacia , it`s made in th 60`s in Communist time,

[img]http://s07.flagcounter.com/count/DymW/bg=ffffff/txt=ffffff/border=ffffff/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/[/img]

Ethiopia has launched an electric car the Solaris Elettra, manufactured in Addis Ababa.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2010
Building a car is not a difficult as folks think especially in these days of OEM

You can design a car. Design the parts.

Get OEMs (loads of them around the world) to manufacture the parts as 1st and 2nd tier suppliers. The Parts will be manufactured in your own brand name that's why such suppliers are called OEMs (Original Equipment Manufactures).

All you will now need is to set up an assembly plant in Nigeria, to put the parts together. A car is made. Simple.

We simply lack the will to get industrialised as a Nation.

Just like you have slumps in Nigeria, you have them in India. But companies like TATA are making cars in India while companies like JCB are making diggers, tractors etc in India. 

So I don't think it is impossible.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by Horus(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSOsq-LZpSo

[size=15pt]Made in Nigeria Vehicle[/size]
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by talk2cj08(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSOsq-LZpSo

[size=15pt]Made in Nigeria Vehicle[/size]
Omo this one na jalopy grin grin grin u can check out d brand ivm
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by petrov10: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mods pls i'm on my knees ..Ban this Horus guy . He 2 dey post video links here ....Each time he posts i loose mb . .. .. .. Mods ban him .Dis tin hes doing is nt ryt . Is it ?
Re: Will Nigeria Be Able To Make Their Own Car? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
If countries like south Africa,Iran and India can manufacture cars.So can we.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Apc Bent On Returning The Presedency To Northern Nigeria? / What AIT Refuse To Tell Nigerians And Lagosians / Throwback Photo: Alh(dr) Yusuf Maitama Sule When He Was Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.