Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Femi Afolabi: Response To Obj Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Afolabi: Response To Obj Letter (360 Views)

Oba saga: You want 2 create 3rd World War because Obi didn't win - Taiwo to OBJ / Kwankwaso To OBJ, Clark: Stop Disgracing Yourselves. Endorsing Obi is a Mistake / FFK: Comparing Buhari To OBJ Is Like Comparing Count Dracula To Mother Theresa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Femi Afolabi: Response To Obj Letter by Talktomaderich(m): 7:47am On Jan 24, 2019
IN RESPONE TO OBJ (Season 2)
About this time last year, I wrote an article with this same title. In it, I went down the memory lane to prove to my readers that OBJ was in no position to condemn Buhari the way he did. I also exposed the hypocrisy of the man Aremu based on the information available to me then. Now that Pa Matthew has done exactly what he did last year, I will also proceed exactly as I did last year to lay bare the facts and figures against the fiction of Elder okikiola in his new letter.
In his new letter, OBJ tried to fraudulently curry and attract the sympathy of Nigerians by claiming he has received death threats as a result of his criticisms against Buhari’s government. To me, Baba believes Nigerians have short memories and therefore can be fooled at will. He thought we have forgotten in a jiffy how he made similar allegation against the government of President Jonathan. Then, he claimed the president was training One thousand Snipers in Pakistan with the sole aim of using them against the opposition in 2015. It baffles me how an old man like Obasanjo with a PhD in theology can find it so convenient to lie without hassles. I think Baba should be grateful to God for such threats because the likes of Bola Ige, Harry Marshal, Abubakar Rimi, Funso Williams and Dikibo never had that luxury. They were suddenly mowed down by their assailants in the cruel manner. All these happened under the presidency of Ebora Owu. I am still trying to understand why anybody will even kill Obasanjo especially for political reasons. This is a man who has consistently lost his unit, ward and local govt since 2007. So what exactly is his electoral value that will make anyone want to eliminate him?
I almost took a decision against writing this piece but had to change my mind when I saw the unsavoury, acerbic, corrosive and disrespectful language used by OBJ to discuss the person of the Vice president. Pa, what is your problem gan-an? Why have you chosen yourself as the obstacle on the way of every Yoruba man that is gaining or aspiring for national office? It is just shameful to see your puerile attempt to denigrate and trample on the shining-white reputation of Pastor Yemi. Sir, Yemi Osinbajo is better than you will ever be. Is it not inglorious to remember that you had a hand in how Awolowo was denied the opportunity to govern this nation? You were also one of those who backed the Association for Better Nigeria to secure the injunction upon which the cancellation of 1993 elections was based by Babangida. Your hand was also visible in thwarting all the moves that was made in the international community to force the govt to recognize that election. By your actions, MKO was denied his right to the presidency having won the election convincingly. Later, you shut down all entreaties to make you recognize June 12 and the supreme price paid by a lot of Nigerians for that election. Thank God for Buhari for listening to us. Now you have started with Osinbajo. What exactly is wrong with you sir? Why does the progress of Yoruba sons and daughters annoy you so much? Why don’t you want any Yoruba man to be president after you? Well, God will keep you alive to witness it even if for a minute.
Doctor, you also took the president to the cleaners on the war against insurgency and I still can’t believe that ever canme from you sir. Your poor and uninspiring performance exposed by Brig Gen Godwin Alabi-isama in the third Marine Commando during the civil war is still very fresh in our memories sir. He told us about your preposterous line-straightening strategy on the war front instead of military tactics. You brought Civil Engineering to the war front and you expect us to thrust your judgment on the difficult asymmetrical war against insurgency? We are smarter than that sir. You were the president of this nation for eight years but failed to win the war against militancy in the Nigerdelta, the same area you claimed to have lead the 3MCDO. Now we know the real war was led by Benjamin Adekulne ably supported by the likes of Alabi-isama and Alani Akinrinade and others and you want us to listen to your analysis on BH? No way sir. It took the coolheadedness of an Analytical Chemist in President Yaradua to end that war even without firing a shot. That is leadership Baba Iyabo.
Ebora Owu, you complained of the use of security agencies against perceived enemies of this government and I can’t just believe you actually did. Have you forgotten the issue of Lagos State allocation? Or the gestapo removal of Audu Ogbeh, your party chairman for complaining of the harsh economic situation in the country? Or how Atiku was denied access to his office as a sitting VP? We still remember sir how you threatened Mimiko with EFCC for daring to defect from the PDP, you popularly declared in a rally in Akure that he Mimiko, SUAGA (messed up the throne). This list is endless Baba.
Pa Aremu, sometimes I ask myself what propelled you to go into theology knowing your propensity for lies and mischief. As a former president who is supposed to be an Elder statesman, I expected you to know the dangers of the wild and unsubstantiated allegations of plans to rig against INEC. Every General that is what his salt will understand the security implications of such senseless allegations but unfortunately you are more concerned with having a place in press than the peace in the nation. Shame. This your allegation becomes more annoying when one remembers how you almost legalized rigging during your jackboot civil rule in this nation. Even president Yaradua couldn’t keep a lid on the mindboggling rigging that brought him to power that he openly confessed. Under you sir, your party was scoring votes that was more than total registered voters. You are the least qualified person to complain of rigging Evangelist Obasanjo. How can anyone forget the manner Mrs Ayoka Adebayo, a woman rumoured to be your woman friend disappeared with Ekiti State gubernatorial election result in 2007 after saying her conscience wouldn’t allow her to announce such a result? She later resurfaced in Abuja three days later and announced the same result. And you are here insulting our sensibilities with your childish allegations. Nonsense! For your information sir, more than ninety (90) elections have been conducted under this administration and less than twenty (20) of them are in court. This is a record you and Prof Iwu cannot beat even in your next lives.
Ba-aa Gbenga, na only you be former president self for this country? Gowon, Babangida, Shonekan, Abdulsalami, Jonathan are all former presidents and are quietly living their lives as true elder statesmen. Why are you the only one writing letters? Every one of them got letters from you but surprisingly none ever wrote you despite the myriad of reasons to do so. You no dey tire? Well, it seems you continue to write because the previous ones always produce desired results. But for the first time, you are having to write a president twice. Don’t you think there is a strong message for you there? And it is simple, Your Time is Up Bro. The people now know you and they don’t take you seriously anymore.
One of the things that annoyed me most in your letter was to equate the prosecution of the CJN to an attack on the judiciary. In case you have forgotten sir, you withheld the allocation of Lagos State till you left office despite a Supreme Court judgment against your action. Perhaps you don’t know, the Supreme Court is the person of the constitution of the nation. You swore to protect the constitution but you spat on it by disobeying the decision of the apex court. So it is an insult of the highest order when you talk of the attack on the judiciary despite what you did back then. There is and there can never be any worst attack on the judiciary than disobeying the judgment of the Supreme Court. Once again, president Yaradua saved the nation and the lives of the workers in Lagos who had agonized for three years. God will let you live long enough to suffer for all these grievous sins. When I saw the long list of lawyers who appeared for the CJN probono and their noise about the judiciary being attacked, I laughed. All these guys were alive when you disobeyed the Supreme Court but were deaf and dumb to your impeachable conduct. Bunch of jesters!
Chief, what gave your letter up as a product of frustration is your scathing attack on the VP as touching the Tradermoni program. In fact, you even ignorantly went as far as claiming that it was not budgeted for. What a frustration! Even the deaf heard how well Kemi Adeosun defended the policy and budget before the National Assembly and the blind have seen how this money has improved the business of most petty traders. Sir, how many vegetable sellers come to market with Ten thousand naira worth of vegetable? How many pure water hawkers have ten thousand naira? The money may not mean much to you because you live in a mansion built with our money and the library you claim is yours today was built by the Ten million naira you collected from each state government when you were in power. I suggest you come down from that hilltop Mansion once in a while and visit markets in places like Itoku, Adatan, Car wash to value what some petty traders sell. It won’t kill you sir.
Alagba Olusegun, in your January last year letter, you called for the formation of a movement that will end the dominance of the old in our politics. Your boy, Olagunsoye Oyinlola swung into action and was only able to hold two press conferences and that was it. It was a still birth of a movement. But I am curious sir, what went wrong? Even if it failed, why are you not supporting young guys like Moghalu, Durotoye and Sowore? Why did you choose a 73 year old youth ahead of these vibrant guys? Baba Obasanjo, you can only impress those without grey matter in their skulls or those who have but with too many gray areas in theirs. I was irked to my marrows some weeks ago when you reportedly told newsmen who asked you why you are working for Atiku and you replied he has apologized. Did the money you accused Atiku of embezzling for twelve years, yours? Why did you think you have the right to forgive him? Who gave you the power to forgive those who committed criminal acts against Nigerians while sitting in your farm in Otta? chai! we don suffer sha.
Chief Olusegun Okikiola Matthew Aremu Obasanjo, you lack the moral, spiritual and leadership ground to complain or correct any error in this country; especially in the government of President Buhari. We have moved on from your kind of politics, leadership, and ideas about governance. Your letter is the last kick of a dying horse and a desperate attempt by a drowning man to hold on to flotsam and jetsam on the surface of a political water made turbulent by the integrity of president Buhari.
Finally, this your 16-page letter which failed to address the issue of the $16billion dollar you spent on power and also failed to convince Nigerians to love a party that failed them for 16 years will, along with you be confined to the dustbin of political history come 16th of Febuhari this year.
. Bye Baba.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Afolabi: Response To Obj Letter by roundman: 8:36am On Jan 24, 2019
Waoh!!!can't be said better than this...thumbs up
Re: Femi Afolabi: Response To Obj Letter by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2019
This is what happens to "elder statesmen" with a crooked moral compass. Simply put, OBJ is nothing but an anywhere-belle-face garbed in consummate elegance.

(1) (Reply)

Cjn's Removal: 2019 Election Is Just A Mere Formality / See Why Onoghen's Suspension Is In Order (photo) / Pdp Should Not Miss A Second Golden Oppotunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.