Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business (30481 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / The Bitter Experience That Taught Me A Lesson To Save Money (True Story) / "I Wouldn’t Mind My Kids Bearing Their Mother’s Surname" - Male Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by kingBenedict: 10:00am On Apr 15, 2019
Only the OP knows the veracity of this story...make I mind my business too sha....
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2019
Mishhcre:
Deciding to be of help can sometimes not be the best decision and may even comeback to haunt you. This I've come to learn the hard way, you know the ways of life are never easy.

My neighbour was washing her clothes that Saturday morning, as I returned from buying bread and hot akara that I wanted to eat for breakfast that morning. She greeted me and we gisted.

"These clothes I'm washing, I wonder what will happen to them, I'm about going out, and so too is my friend, my worry is that rain may fall and beat them," she said.
Out of niceness, I said, "Don't worry, if it starts to rain, I will help you bring them in."

Later in the afternoon, it started to rain, looked out of the window, her clothes were still outside, checked her place, she was not around and I hurriedly went and brought in her clothes for her.

When she came back in the evening, since she couldn't find her clothes outside anymore, she knocked on my door, "Were you the one who took my clothes away," she asked.

"Yes, I helped you bring them in," I told her.
Handed them over to her and she thanked me saying, "You are such a life saver, your life savings will never go AWOL."

Some minutes later she came back, telling me she can't find her pant among her clothes I gave her.
"I didn't see any pant amongst your clothes, when I was bringing them in," I said.

"But my pant was among the clothes I washed," she said.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
She said, "Of course, I'm very sure. How will I be saying what I'm not very sure of."
Before I could say Jack, she started accusing me, shouting in a bid to create a scene, "You stole my pant, you hid it purposefully, no wonder you eagerly agreed to help me bring my clothes in."

"If I wanted to steal your pant, why would I offer to bring in your clothes in the first place? Wouldn't that amount to I exposing my game plan?" I replied her.
That did nothing to calm her down, nothing to even if it's as little as to ignite the engine of her reasoning. As she went into full throttle shouting, "You are a G guy, you are a yahoo boy, you want to use my pant to go and buy Benz."

At the mention of that word Benz. A man in torn boxers and sagged "it-is-brown" singlet (because it was clearly no longer white) ran out of his room, charging in our direction and asking what the issue was, my neighbour told him and he started attacking me, saying, "if you don't bring that pant out now, I will give you a very dirty slap, the kind of slap I will give you eh, it will be worse than the one Davido gave Kiss Daniel's manager I swear." He then touched the tip of his tongue with the tip of his index finger and raised it to the sky, muttering eh, in a bid to show that he meant business, because that clearly couldn't serve as a show of force. And then he continued, "it's either one of two things must happen, it's either your cheek peels off and tattoos to my palm or my palm will tattoo on your cheek, choose one."

"Mr. Man how can you be asking me to choose one between boiling oil and boiling water?" I asked him.
How can a fellow man be harassing me like that and I will just keep quiet because I was being accused wrongly of what I did not do, had it been it was my neighbour who was claiming to be looking for her pant that was talking that way, it would be bearable, you know women, their tongues can run faster than a Lamborghini, rev faster than the engine of a Benz and perform more revolutions in a second than a ceiling fan.

So I went further to defend myself telling him that, "In fact, is it your pant that is missing? The person whose pant is missing is not even convulsing the way you are, I know you are doing all of this to impress her, so that she will see you as a strong guy, but let me tell you one thing, even when that pant is found she will not let you get under it."

That struck a chord in him, taken aback, but not wanting it to show. "What you just said shows that you are the one hiding that pant, you better bring it out, bring that pant out now!" he retorted.

Then my neighbour's friend returned, asking what the fuss was all about and my neighbour explained to her, "Is that why you people have been quarrelling, heating up the whole house like an incinerator? Don't worry babe, I'm the one that took it and wore it because I really needed to go somewhere," she explained to my neighbour.

"Is it what you are wearing right now?" the man asked.
What's the man's business with what she is wearing right now, does he have any business down there.
"Oga what's your business with what I'm wearing?" The visibly irritated friend asked.

The man now embarassed said, "I'm only trying to settle the fight amicably."
"Settle the fight amicably ko, settle the fight amiably ni, you better mind your business, next thing now, you will ask 'what's the colour?' And if I allow you, you will look under to check if it's truly the colour, amebo man," my neighbour's friend said. Fuuunke!

"It's your type that will come to settle fight between husband and wife, and you will start asking the wife, 'when last did you menstruate?' My neighbour added.
I was happy that they had at least, at last left me and faced the man that was threatening to slap me, harassing him very well, that gave me breathing space and relief of some sort.

What was worse? The man's friend now came out of their room holding a pant with a stick asking, "Wetin woman pant de do for inside our room?"
Ever since that day, I don't even talk to her when she greets me. Now I know you can never step a foot wrong minding your business.

Super story... grin
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by bishopkay: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2019
How grown up educated people still think a useless dirty 300 naira pant can make you rich still has to be the world's 8th wonder lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Richmondofficia(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2019
Fiction baba ahn ahn, everyone knows it's good to mind their business before
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Esomchi800(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2019
Denikeofficial:
If the friend was 10 mins late. Your story would have been different. Na instablog we go Dey reason your matter.

Hey damsel
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by SpyAC(m): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2019
Nah wow, does pole still borrow pant to wear
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Esomchi800(m): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2019
blesson04:
Who Read that long story should summarize it for me
He was accused of stealing a pant to buy Benz buh he wasn't guilty of the charge
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by greatermeme: 10:07am On Apr 15, 2019
I knew your blog will be removed by blogger! Violation of rules!
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by ChristyB(f): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2019
Always mind your business, Minding your business won't put you in trouble.
Next time if rain falls, let the cloths get wet and be the first to greet her when she returns.
Me i'll even tell you sorry, then close my door
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by tizzle(m): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2019
I should have minded my business and not open this post... Mtcheeew
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2019
Lol story,story
Ans:story teller

Someone should finish for me grin
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by chronique(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2019
Reading this story, I'm basically trying to pick out the kind of environment. Do you live in a face-me-i-face-you apartment? If so, you clearly didn't exercise wisdom in your bid to render help. Meanwhile, I'm trying to understand the class of girl your neighbor belongs to, for she and her friend to be sharing pants. Truly, some of these girls outside ain't got class. Na just yeye packaging them get.
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Ubdavis(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2019
The headline is simply deceitful....
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Omnig: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2019
Mishhcre:
Deciding to be of help can sometimes not be the best decision and may even comeback to haunt you. This I've come to learn the hard way, you know the ways of life are never easy.

My neighbour was washing her clothes that Saturday morning, as I returned from buying bread and hot akara that I wanted to eat for breakfast that morning. She greeted me and we gisted.

"These clothes I'm washing, I wonder what will happen to them, I'm about going out, and so too is my friend, my worry is that rain may fall and beat them," she said.
Out of niceness, I said, "Don't worry, if it starts to rain, I will help you bring them in."

Later in the afternoon, it started to rain, looked out of the window, her clothes were still outside, checked her place, she was not around and I hurriedly went and brought in her clothes for her.

When she came back in the evening, since she couldn't find her clothes outside anymore, she knocked on my door, "Were you the one who took my clothes away," she asked.

Handed them over to her and she thanked me saying, "You are such a life saver, your life savings will never go AWOL."

Some minutes later she came back, telling me she can't find her pant among her clothes I gave her.
"I didn't see any pant amongst your clothes, when I was bringing them in," I said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.
She said, "Of course, I'm very sure. How will I be saying what I'm not very sure of."
Before I could say Jack, she started accusing me, shouting in a bid to create a scene, "You stole my pant, you hid it purposefully, no wonder you eagerly agreed to help me bring my clothes in."

"If I wanted to steal your pant, why would I offer to bring in your clothes in the first place? Wouldn't that amount to I exposing my game plan?" I replied her.
That did nothing to calm her down, nothing to even if it's as little as to ignite the engine of her reasoning. As she went into full throttle shouting, "You are a G guy, you are a yahoo boy, you want to use my pant to go and buy Benz."

At the mention of that word Benz. A man in torn boxers and sagged "it-is-brown" singlet (because it was clearly no longer white) ran out of his room, charging in our direction and asking what the issue was, my neighbour told him and he started attacking me, saying, "if you don't bring that pant out now, I will give you a very dirty slap, the kind of slap I will give you eh, it will be worse than the one Davido gave Kiss Daniel's manager I swear." He then touched the tip of his tongue with the tip of his index finger and raised it to the sky, muttering eh, in a bid to show that he meant business, because that clearly couldn't serve as a show of force. And then he continued, "it's either one of two things must happen, it's either your cheek peels off and tattoos to my palm or my palm will tattoo on your cheek, choose one."

"Mr. Man how can you be asking me to choose one between boiling oil and boiling water?" I asked him.
How can a fellow man be harassing me like that and I will just keep quiet because I was being accused wrongly of what I did not do, had it been it was my neighbour who was claiming to be looking for her pant that was talking that way, it would be bearable, you know women, their tongues can run faster than a Lamborghini, rev faster than the engine of a Benz and perform more revolutions in a second than a ceiling fan.

So I went further to defend myself telling him that, "In fact, is it your pant that is missing? The person whose pant is missing is not even convulsing the way you are, I know you are doing all of this to impress her, so that she will see you as a strong guy, but let me tell you one thing, even when that pant is found she will not let you get under it."

That struck a chord in him, taken aback, but not wanting it to show. "What you just said shows that you are the one hiding that pant, you better bring it out, bring that pant out now!" he retorted.

Then my neighbour's friend returned, asking what the fuss was all about and my neighbour explained to her, "Is that why you people have been quarrelling, heating up the whole house like an incinerator? Don't worry babe, I'm the one that took it and wore it because I really needed to go somewhere," she explained to my neighbour.

What's the man's business with what she is wearing right now, does he have any business down there.
"Oga what's your business with what I'm wearing?" The visibly irritated friend asked.

"Settle the fight amicably ko, settle the fight amiably ni, you better mind your business, next thing now, you will ask 'what's the colour?' And if I allow you, you will look under to check if it's truly the colour, amebo man," my neighbour's friend said. Fuuunke!

"It's your type that will come to settle fight between husband and wife, and you will start asking the wife, 'when last did you menstruate?' My neighbour added.
I was happy that they had at least, at last left me and faced the man that was threatening to slap me, harassing him very well, that gave me breathing space and relief of some sort.

What was worse? The man's friend now came out of their room holding a pant with a stick asking, "Wetin woman pant de do for inside our room?"
Ever since that day, I don't even talk to her when she greets me. Now I know you can never step a foot wrong minding your business.

@Op, u must be a good writer.

1 Like

Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by anonymuz(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2019
superlanny:
Wetin pant go cause for Nigeria, me I no dey near any kind of pant o, infact if I see pant for my front and dem say na the only way, I prefer to go back, because how can a grown man like me be explaining that I did not steal pant.
grin

3 Likes

Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Glycosunde: 10:46am On Apr 15, 2019
Minding ur own business especially in Nigeria can never go wrong

1 Like

Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by deltateam: 10:56am On Apr 15, 2019
NoFace101:
Story Story Oh!!!

But Dnt Knw If i Shld Belive It Or Nt

Whether its true or not is not the issue now but that it has life lessons embedded in it.
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by EstherBlished: 11:04am On Apr 15, 2019
I'm more concerned with the 'fact' that her friend borrowed her pant. Underwear! Do people share such? undecided
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Psoul(m): 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2019
Written by Liar Mohamad
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by tobechi20(m): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
Prognose:

Isnt it an essay?
it is still a narrative essay
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by sacx: 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tales by moonlight. Next!
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by btrocky09(m): 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
shocked
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Sultty(m): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
Funny
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Gbengageorge: 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
Foolish neighbour, despite all the news, she still had the courage to spread undies outside.
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by megareal: 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2019
All I took out from the story is that another lady wore someone's dirty pant because she was in a hurry to go out not minding the health implications. *spits*
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Nicklaus619(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
ecclize:
This story is too interesting to be true...

Wether story or reality, the fact remains that i just learnt a very huge lesson reading this today, person no dey truely know finish, thank u oop cool, all my neighbors thinks I am too pompous to do small talks and unnecessary visit but, I am just minding my business I hate them say them no say
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Nostradamus: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Oga o.p. sell this your story to nollywood na.
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by trevorhorace(m): 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
Mishhcre:

"Are you sure?" I asked.

did she apologize
she actually did dry her panties outside
but was wrong to accuse u without verifying.
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Sunsets: 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
With these points of yours, my thoughts also, I strongly believe that the story was fully made up. Well cooked with mangala fish (excuse me Yaw)
ruffhandu:
You go still learn more.
But the garnishing and drama added made the story look made-up.

You mean in these days of lynching people for stealing pant someone took his time to say "if you don't bring that pant out now, I will give you a very dirty slap, the kind of slap I will give you eh, it will be worse than the one Davido gave Kiss Daniel's manager I swear." and "it's either one of two things must happen, it's either your cheek peels off and tattoos to my palm or my palm will tattoo on your cheek, choose one." to you.

And, in such situation you were able to compose yourself enough to respond "Mr. Man how can you be asking me to choose one between boiling oil and boiling water?" and "In fact, is it your pant that is missing? The person whose pant is missing is not even convulsing the way you are, I know you are doing all of this to impress her, so that she will see you as a strong guy, but let me tell you one thing, even when that pant is found she will not let you get under it." ?

You must have odeshi for beating and fire.

And then, even before people gather too much, the girl wearing the pant just came in.

You are a hero then.
Re: How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business by Goalnaldo(m): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
Op you have a good writing skill and I will take the story as a lesson learned even though I am 80% convinced it's made up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me / Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.