Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections (30073 Views)

My Statements On INEC's Uploading Of Results Were Twisted - Lai Mohammed / US Ambassador, Stuart, Speaks On Nigerian Elections 2019 / Nigerians Blast PDP For Politicising Buhari Statements On Election Rigging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by princfred(m): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
anonymous1759:
Shame shame shame!!! Shame on African leaders you see where you've placed yourself.. Very soon international community will tell you how to fuvk your wives and how many children you can have.

Over 58 yrs of independence you can't conduct simple election... Look at how uk and US are threatning you guys with Visa, why because you can't sit at home and develop your nation traveling from one County to another even the so called president. I dislike all of you like shitit nonsense leaders bringing Shame on the African continent... Can usa interfere in North Korea elections? Russia, even small countries Dénmark Belgium they can't.

Useless leaders without Pride and useless supporters who see Nothing wrong when international community interfere in thier countries business.
If they don't interfere, some people will use others do headscarf. Blacks see politics as a kill and dry your opponent (perceived enemy) thing. Interference can be positive or negative thing. This case its a positive .
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
anonymous1759:
Shame shame shame!!! Shame on African leaders you see where you've placed yourself.. Very soon international community will tell you how to fuvk your wives and how many children you can have.

Over 58 yrs of independence you can't conduct simple election... Look at how uk and US are threatning you guys with Visa, why because you can't sit at home and develop your nation traveling from one County to another even the so called president. I dislike all of you like shitit nonsense leaders bringing Shame on the African continent... Can usa interfere in North Korea elections? Russia, even small countries Dénmark Belgium they can't.

Useless leaders without Pride and useless supporters who see Nothing wrong when international community interfere in thier countries business.
Mr man they are not interfering, they are just warning the congregation of dunderheads to behave themselves in an orderly manner during the elections.

1 Like

Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by anonymous1759(m): 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Mr man they are not interfering, they are just warning the congregation of dunderheads to behave themselves in an orderly manner during the elections.

Mr man that's interferance if another man is telling you how to control your house hold what's it called?
It shows you're not Responsible.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by PHILipu1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
post=75071120:

Evil party, are you listening?!
It's no more business as usual.
Gone are the 16 years of bloodshed and violence in our nation.
This message is for their PDP.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by legba1(m): 4:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
Agbaletu:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.

Tinubu dey travel go U.S
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by anonymous1759(m): 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Mr man if someone is giving your order in your house hold what's it called The manner Which usa and Uk talk to Nigeria they can't try it with Russia, North Korea, South Korea Japan even small countries like Dénmark they can't.

You're not Ashamed another Nation is telling your country how to do her business.
I know where you belong, you already feel inferior to them that's why.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by san316(m): 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
Compare this to their statement in 2015 then you will know that Atiku just wasted his 1.1m united states Dollars. Tumt no kuku get our time. Wall things on his mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by sogodihno: 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
Nels55:
Buhari administration should by now get the message, the world has rejected them.. The smart ones will stay clear, the dull ones will be the sacrificial lamb...

To all those supporting this evil administration, you will never find peace and goodwill, you have defended injustice, laughed at others bloodshed, encouraged disunity and endorsed tactically premediated corruption..

I repeat - YOU WILL NEVER FIND PEACE UNTIL YOU CHANGE..

And those that want to return us to 16 years of wilderness will never be successful, calamity shall not depart from them and their family. All they lay their hand upon shall not prosper. Amen.

Sebi o lo stupid ni

1 Like

Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by Ellie01: 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
Dpharisee:
UK is US Lapdog, they dont have a voice of their own. They are follow-follow to whatever America does, their claim to super power just like is hiding behind US.
If US decides to bomb Libya UK will join as 'allies' while pretending to be pulling weight.
UK is an expired empire

Poor knowledge of history worries u sha
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
anonymous1759:

Mr man that's interferance if another man is telling you how to control your house hold what's it called?
It shows you're not Responsible.
if the behavior is a healthy behaviour they wouldn't interfere in the first place.

they didn't interfere in during the Rwandan debacle, look at what happened, the citizens nearly finished off, exterminated themselves from the face of the earth.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by sogodihno: 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2019
Buhari will win this election, through rigging or any means, I don't care, we can't return Thief to power.

Those that want to die should die, those that want to cry should cry. No vacancy in Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by adedehinbo(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
Nels55:
Buhari administration should by now get the message, the world has rejected them.. The smart ones will stay clear, the dull ones will be the sacrificial lamb...

To all those supporting this evil administration, you will never find peace and goodwill, you have defended injustice, laughed at others bloodshed, encouraged disunity and endorsed tactically premediated corruption..

lol am here still laughing at your stupidity, senseless Igbos pigs
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by adedehinbo(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
Nels55:

lol am here still laughing at your stupidity, senseless Igbos pigs.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by brainhgeek(m): 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2019
Asshurbanipall:
U.S. and U.K. Press Statements on Upcoming Nigerian Elections

The United Kingdom and the United State announce repercussions, including restrictions on travel, for election-related violence.

U.S. Statement
[Begin]
The conduct of the upcoming elections in Nigeria is important not only for Nigeria, but for the African continent.

The United States government does not support any specific candidate or party in Nigeria’s upcoming elections. The United States supports the Nigerian democratic process itself. We support a genuinely free, fair, transparent, and peaceful electoral process.

We, and other democratic nations, will be paying close attention to actions of individuals who interfere in the democratic process or instigate violence against the civilian population before, during, or after the elections. We will not hesitate to consider consequences – including visa restrictions – for those found to be responsible for election-related violence or undermining the democratic process. Under U.S. immigration law, certain violations may also lead to restrictions on family members.

We welcome the signing of peace pledges by Nigerian candidates and their commitment to a peaceful electoral process.

[End]

U.K. Statement
[Begin]
23 days to the Presidential and National Assembly elections and 37 days to the Gubernatorial and State Assembly elections, the British High Commission in Abuja would like to reaffirm our strong support for free, fair and peaceful elections in Nigeria.

We and our international partners remain committed supporters of Nigeria’s democracy. We do not support any party or individual and believe that the Nigerian people should be able to choose their leaders in an environment free from hate speech and insecurity.

We continue to provide significant support to Nigeria’s Independent National Electoral Commission and to Nigerian civil society to help them deliver credible elections. We also regularly engage with actors across the political spectrum to encourage them to respect electoral rules and maintain an atmosphere of peace and calm. We will be deploying an extensive observation mission for the forthcoming elections, including coordinating with the EU’s Election Observation Mission. Our monitors will in particular be looking out for any attempts to encourage or use violence to influence the elections, including on social media. We would like to remind all Nigerians that where the UK is aware of such attempts, this may have consequences for individuals. These could include their eligibility to travel to the UK, their ability to access UK based funds or lead to prosecution under international law.

The UK is a friend and partner of Nigeria. We hope our continued support will play a role in helping Nigeria take a further step towards consolidating the progress made since democracy returned in 1999.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-and-u-k-press-statements-on-upcoming-nigerian-elections/

Extend the restrictions to their family members and associates
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by tyup(m): 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2019
Dpharisee:
UK is US Lapdog, they dont have a voice of their own. They are follow-follow to whatever America does, their claim to super power just like is hiding behind US.
If US decides to bomb Libya UK will join as 'allies' while pretending to be pulling weight.
UK is an expired empire

You hit the nail on the head bro.....that's why I did not bother reading thr UK's statement they're nothing but just follow, follow with no specific bearing

this year's world economic summit UK decided not to go all because trump said he isn't going

well it's only Nigeria n Africa they can yell at tho

1 Like

Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by tyup(m): 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
CrestMan:
Who else is thinking what I'm thinking? This strong statements from the International community is as a result of OBJ's press releases a few days ago There will now be pressure on the Buhari administration! OBJ is a very strong and influential man! cool

sanpipita said same to earlier. ....hmmm nawa o let's see the result sha but what I know is these guy's aren't the ones voting so I hv lil fear of Atiku loosing
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by john650(m): 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
It is sad how these countries talk to Nigerians like little children that have to be reminded of consequences of bad behaviour. Unfortunately, it is justifiably right to talk to our leaders in that language since we have refused to learn how to act like adults.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by dokie: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
sleemomymy:
The last time I check, Nigeria is a sovereign state. As such US, UK AND WHAT EVER THEY CALL THEMSELVES should keep out of Nigeria issue. They brought us to where we are now.

Why be say na only APC people dey vex untop this matter? Shebi na PDP dey rug election?
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by Miracle3445677: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
See prove below

Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by sanpipita(m): 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
tyup:

sanpipita said same to earlier. ....hmmm nawa o let's see the result sha but what I know is these guy's aren't the ones voting so I hv lil fear of Atiku loosing

Trust me they can influence things, if Buhari dares win against their wishes he will face a big music he can't dance to
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by Stocking: 5:26pm On Jan 24, 2019
sanpipita:

Trust me they can influence things, if Buhari dares win against their wishes he will face a big music he can't dance to
Trash
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by Olawalesmarter(m): 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
anonymous1759:

Guy relaxed, Whe it dey pain You like this ? undecided
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by Olawalesmarter(m): 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
sogodihno:
Buhari will win this election, through rigging or any means, I don't care, we can't return Thief to power.

Those that want to die should die, those that want to cry should cry. No vacancy in Aso rock.

If Buhari can stay in Power by all means and your Brain tell you that's the best things for Nigeria and you have no problem with it, Bro You need to die may thunder fire you cheesy
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by sogodihno: 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

If Buhari can stay in Power by all means and your Brain tell you that's the best things for Nigeria and you have no problem with it, Bro You need to die may thunder fire you cheesy

I won't curse u, but just know that u are as useless as ur father.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by emmanuelpopson(m): 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
anonymous1759:

he who pays the piper dictates the tunes... that is how our people had made themselves laughing stock.. I mean. African leaders...all because of the peanuts givenyas aids to these people... you can't try this shot with Singapore or China... but see them threatening us with visa and violations here and there.. it's better like that.. we all know those who may cause the violence... and I can authoritatively say that the USA DRONES will be flying over our airspace before, during and after the elections to view things for themselves from there base... tThanks Be to God because these. people have families and the visa restrictions will do a. lot of good to us all..
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by anonymous1759(m): 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Guy relaxed, Whe it dey pain You like this ? undecided

He dey pain me because our leaders no wan get sense for how long Nigeria go continue like this??
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by freshbear(m): 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2019
The Carbonaro effect!
Nigerians shd read btw d lines.Obasanjo made a press statement then d US/UK came up with this.ha!
if u are into intelligence n espionage u shd know watz up.dia agents are already crawling all over d place.
Goodluck Jonathan,yaya jammai,Laurent gbabo,Joseph kabila,Jacob Zuma,Robert Mugabe all comes to mind.They know Nigeria's next president. its well scripted. they don't make mistake. watch event closely. Venezuela on d radar peeps.they already ve dia anointed candidate.unfortunately u n I just pawns.
sadly d man on d seat is a goner no matter wat he does.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by themanderon: 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2019
Yea on the surface they won't be supporting any candidate but secretly they have already chosen a candidate for us. Na their way.
Re: U.S. And U.K. Press Statements On Upcoming Nigerian Elections by lawani: 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2019
anonymous1759:

Mr man if someone is giving your order in your house hold what's it called The manner Which usa and Uk talk to Nigeria they can't try it with Russia, North Korea, South Korea Japan even small countries like Dénmark they can't.

You're not Ashamed another Nation is telling your country how to do her business.
I know where you belong, you already feel interior to them that's why.
if not for the magnanimity of more powerful nations and the UN, Nigeria will not be a sovereign state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Addresses Peter Obi As Incoming Vice President. See Reactions / Finnish National Coalition Party To Suspend Simon Ekpa For Disruptive Activities / LP Candidates Defeat PDP Reps Members In Enugu’s Seven Constituencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.