Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,938 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do (1134 Views)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / Volkswagen Passat CC Won't Start / 10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do by akinsmyk(m): 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
Good evening everyone. I had been observing my car engine temperature meter going up this evening. I don't really understand what could be wrong and this is it's first time doing that.

So I parked somewhere to check it out. I discovered that the water had gone down. I replaced it, check the oil and battery. I allowed it to cool down for a while. Then I start the car but it won't start. The lights on the dashboard is showing, but the engine won't start.

Pls what do I do? I am stranded here and it will soon be 10pm
Re: My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do by blackpanther22: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2019
akinsmyk:
Good evening everyone. I had been observing my car engine temperature meter going up this evening. I don't really understand what could be wrong and this is it's first time doing that.

So I parked somewhere to check it out. I discovered that the water had gone down. I replaced it, check the oil and battery. I allowed it to cool down for a while. Then I start the car but it won't start. The lights on the dashboard is showing, but the engine won't start.

Hello what type of car?
Re: My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:18am On Jan 25, 2019
akinsmyk:

can you explain the going up

its a common practice in nigeria for peoplet to take of the theromostat therefor a going up temperature gauge of non removed thermo and removed are different

a non removed thermo car the going up means the temperature will go beyond 90 going torwads red and operating temperature is 90 which usually the middle point of the temperature gauge

then with a car that has thermostst removed your operating temperature would be below 70 its usually on the quarter mark aka in the middle between 0 - 90 which around 50

so your going up is it above 90 or ?

1 Like

Re: My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do by akinsmyk(m): 1:08am On Jan 25, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

can you explain the going up

its a common practice in nigeria for peoplet to take of the theromostat therefor a going up temperature gauge of non removed thermo and removed are different

a non removed thermo car the going up means the temperature will go beyond 90 going torwads red and operating temperature is 90 which usually the middle point of the temperature gauge

then with a car that has thermostst removed your operating temperature would be below 70 its usually on the quarter mark aka in the middle between 0 - 90 which around 50

so your going up is it above 90 or ?

It's above. Going towards the red line showing the maximum
Re: My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do by akinsmyk(m): 1:09am On Jan 25, 2019
blackpanther22:

Hello what type of car?

Toyota corolla
Re: My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:18am On Jan 25, 2019
akinsmyk:

It's above. Going towards the red line showing the maximum

thats dangerous you need to stop driving it until a good mechanic

otherwise you will burn your headgasket

but dont fooled by being told to remove the thermostat

3 Likes

Re: My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do by blackpanther22: 8:20am On Jan 25, 2019
akinsmyk:

Toyota corolla

Sorry, for just replying I was waiting online since 10pm-12pm u didn't quote so I assumed you fixed it, I could help, its seems like a minor stuff
Re: My Car Won't Start, Pls Help, What Do I Do by TimPerkins: 11:25am On Jan 25, 2019
I had the same problem!
I found a lot of useful spare parts on website AutoExpertGuides. Read obd2 scanner reviews and choose for yourself the most suitable. It will help you understand what is broken.

(1) (Reply)

Volvo Becomes The First Automaker To Limit Its Cars' Top Speed To 112 Miles Per / Picture Of Aston Martin Lagonda All-terrain Concept At 2019 Geneva Motor Show / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.