Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Man Divorces Wife For Insisting On Voting For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Divorces Wife For Insisting On Voting For Buhari (388 Views)

Policeman Shoots Resident For Insisting APC Will Win Plateau Guber Poll / Peter Mrakpor Divorces Wife, Joan Onyeamachi Over 2023 Governorship Ambition / PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Divorces Wife For Insisting On Voting For Buhari by themomentng: 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2019
Abdullahi Yada’u, a resident of Kanam local government area of Plateau, has divorced his wife Hafsat Suleiman after failing to convince her not to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in next month’s election.

Yada’u told BBC Hausa Service on Thursday that he decided to divorce Hafsat because she insisted on voting for Buhari.

He said both of them supported Buhari in the 2015 elections but this time, he felt disappointed with the administration and decided not to vote for him again.

“I told her that she must not vote for him but she insisted which led to a quarrel which attracted the attention of our neighbours, I slapped her and told her to choose between voting for Buhari and staying with me. She ran away,” Yada’u said.

“Later her parents called me and I narrated to them what transpired between us. But still my wife insisted on voting for Mr Buhari, that’s how I divorced her in the presence of her parents.”

Ibrahim Suleiman, the wife’s elder brother, said: “We decided to deal with him (Yada’u) but our father stopped us from joining issues with him.

“He really disgraced us. They have been having issues even in the previous election.

“She is the one that convinced him to vote for Buhari, now he insisted on voting for Mr Atiku Abubakar. We decided that we will not allow her to go back to him again.”

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Insisting On Voting For Buhari by squarelead(m): 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
Probably looking for a way out before
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Insisting On Voting For Buhari by cdqyehyeh(m): 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2019
A cheap excuse by the husband, how will u oppress your wife on who to vote, and how on earth will that affect his marital life.
Anyway
Sai Buhari till 2023
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Insisting On Voting For Buhari by Chizuru01(m): 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
cdqyehyeh:
A cheap excuse by the husband, how will u oppress your wife on who to vote, and how on earth will that affect his marital life.
Anyway
Sai Buhari till 2023

Sometimes women are interested in taking money whenever they ask. The man understands how tough bulhari has made getting to be
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Insisting On Voting For Buhari by cdqyehyeh(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
Chizuru01:

Sometimes women are interested in taking money whenever they ask. The man understands how tough bulhari has made getting to be
The man is a great fool, his wife one vote wil change election result.
Anyway i think he just cook that up as an excuse cos that cant be real.

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Sort Out CJN Issue / Obaseki Leads APC Campaign Rally In Ubiaja, Assures Electorates Of Enduring In.. / No Scholarship, No Voting For El-rufai – Kaduna Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.