Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:03 AM

Nigeria - A Case Worth Studying - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - A Case Worth Studying (781 Views)

Atiku Is A Case Study On Corruption In USA By Homeland Security. Pics / Israeli Man Tags Nigeria A "Terrible Country" / Jonathan Made Nigeria A Laughing Stock – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria - A Case Worth Studying by clemmonce(m): 4:20am On Jan 25, 2019
I will be sharing two of my thoughts on two paragraphs.
i wonder and it really baffles me that educated young Nigerians could say they want to vote for Buhari.... i just cant understand.... If illiterates should say they want to vote for him it wont really bother me but educated young Nigerians saying so ?? then there is a problem.
If you are supporting Buhari because you are paid, i got a news for you ... The money will finish , you will either spend it on repairing your car which will get spoilt due to bad, or on high electricity bill or on high cost of food and education for your kids or yourself as the case maybe.
If you are doing it for fun... Then i pity you
But if you are doing it because you think he is the only option , you have to think twice....
Ask yourself a simple question..... What has Buhari done... Who is Buhari ... What is his pedigree ? In business who is he ? In education who is he? In influence who is he ?? Outside Nigeria what respect does he command
See you cant give what you dont have.
Great nations get to where they are because of visionary leaders, leaders that can think.. IDEAS RULE THE WORLD...
Let me give you an example....
In the early 90s... A lot of big Hong Kong business men wanted to come to America most especially California and get a residency but they were unable due to visa restriction but they were big business men..
The then governor of California gave them a waiver on one condition... That as a business man invest one million dollar into a company and the company should employ more than 10 people in California and you will get a residency visa alot of big Hong Kong business men seized the oppurtunity and got their residency visa... Guess what Umemployment went down and the economy boomed... we all know what one million dollar can do to an economy... (google it to confirm) You wonder why nations grow? it all boils down to good leadership... Leaders with ideas.
Buhari lacks everything a good should have , cant you see it ?
I am not a apolitical in my views but i just want to say the truth.
So much to say but i just tire

SECOND THOUGHT.
I told my friend how it took me a while to be able to figure out Nigeria's problem to some extent... Our Problem is deeper than we think, it is very deep it will take a lot of work for we to have the Nigeria of our dream in the generation, i dont want to say it will be impossible..
Nigerians as people grow up under a mode a called THE SURVIVAL MODE, we all grew up in this mode.. We grew up not sure of what tomorrow will bring, we are not sure of electricity tomorrow so we quickly iron all our clothes for the week, we are not sure if they will be water so we quickly fetch water in every bucket in the house , not sure of what tomorrow we quickly grab what we can grab.. So we are grew up like this in this mode, i have heard situations where people destroy their phone battery due to over charging because you dont know when there will electricity again , so you overcharge your phone battery... The survival mode kills the part of your brain that reasons.. You will be only concerned with what you can get now without thinking if it will hurt you later or not. It is so deep.
Have you ever wondered why people scoop petrol from accident petrol tankers ?? despite the fact that they know that can get killed from doing that, they still do it.. do you know why The Survival Mode... It puts the part of your brain that reasons to sleep , you only think of what you can get now without worrying if it will affect you or not... You only think of NOW.
It brings me to Nigeria from 1914 till present.
No wonder failed politicians can give us bag of rice and tell us to vote for them
Politicians that we know are corrupt and have failed come to us with money and tell us to vote for them and we do .... we are not different from the petrol scoopers, we are even worse. We are destroying our future and the future of our children by eating our seed which is our vote.... You eat your seed and you want an harvest ? How ?
What can 5000 do for you ?? What can 10,000 do for you ?? that a good hospital, good schools , stable electricity and good basic needs of live not do for you one million times... we have to free ourselves from the survival we found our selves in.... we have to start to think.
Let us do the right thing even if it is not for us , let us do it for our children and children's children.

I have so much to say, maybe some other time....
Call me NeckBone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Customs Urge FG To Reduce Import Duty On Vehicles From 70% To 45% / Onnoghen: APC Lawmakers Storm Senate To Stop PDP / Photos: Set Of Triplet Found In Dustbin During Environmental Sanitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.