Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,620 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:31 PM

Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks (3061 Views)

What Could Be The Cause Of Recent Fire Outbreaks? / Fire Outbreaks Destroy Properties Worth Millions In Osun / Fire Outbreaks: 24 Persons Dead, Property Worth N13.2bn Lost In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by naijapikin04(m): 5:51am On Jan 25, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/01/25/lagos-records-119-fire-outbreaks-3-weeks/

The Lagos State Fire Service says it has recorded no fewer than 119 fire incidents across the state from the beginning of January 2019 till date.

The Acting Director, State Fire Service, Mr Rasaki Musibau, disclosed this to journalists on Thursday at Alausa, Ikeja.

He blamed the high rate fire outbreaks in the state on high level of unconsciousness in the handling of fires and other inflammable materials.

According to him, many preventable deaths have occurred due to the fire incidents while valuables worth millions of naira were being lost regularly to avoidable fire outbreaks.

Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by jamaicabakare(m): 6:36am On Jan 25, 2019
Hmmmmmmm, so 119 different fire outbreaks just in 24 days.

Please Lagosians / Nigerians should be more careful and adhere to fire safety rules, May Allah console those who are affected!

#2019WillBeGreaterForMe&You.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by Flexherbal(m): 6:49am On Jan 25, 2019
Just in one month!

This is too much.
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by Frank3n2(m): 6:52am On Jan 25, 2019
too bad
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by Mmlanrehh(m): 6:52am On Jan 25, 2019
Fire every where
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by NessaBoo(f): 6:54am On Jan 25, 2019
Thank God for LRU...one of the most laudable achievements of Gov Ambode...if not, the lives and properties that would have been lost would have been unthinkable!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by MChaze25(m): 6:55am On Jan 25, 2019
Over-population and carelessness.
Non-urban planning
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by UncletC: 7:10am On Jan 25, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed that the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, created a serious problem for him when he pledged to construct a railway linking the South-East zone to the Northern part of Nigeria. Buhari made the disclosure during the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign in Enugu, on Thursday. He lamented that fulfilling the promise Amaechi made would be difficult. Buhari, however, said he would try his best to convince the Federal Executive Council members to approve the project. He said: “Amaechi has made you people a promise and I don’t know how to fulfil it. But I can see how I will fulfil it by getting the Federal Executive Council members to approve it.” The president said the promise Amaechi made was not presented to the FEC, adding that it would have been proper to get approval from FEC before making it open. Buhari also thanked the people of the zone for trooping out for his campaign, adding that they should always have faith in Nigeria as they did not have any other country. He said: “We all must join hands to build a stronger country as we do not have any other country.”
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by kayteajay111(m): 7:21am On Jan 25, 2019
And FFS refuses to recruit more officers
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by habeeorlar(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2019
Nawa ooo, the kind heat wet dey Lagos self fit start fire angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by oldman112(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2019
UncletC:
President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed
that the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi
Amaechi, created a serious problem for him
when he pledged to construct a railway
linking the South-East zone to the Northern
part of Nigeria.
Buhari made the disclosure during the All
Progressives Congress (APC) presidential
campaign in Enugu, on Thursday.
He lamented that fulfilling the promise
Amaechi made would be difficult.
Buhari, however, said he would try his best
to convince the Federal Executive Council
members to approve the project.
He said: “Amaechi has made you people a
promise and I don’t know how to fulfil it. But
I can see how I will fulfil it by getting the
Federal Executive Council members to
approve it.”
The president said the promise Amaechi
made was not presented to the FEC, adding
that it would have been proper to get
approval from FEC before making it open.
Buhari also thanked the people of the zone
for trooping out for his campaign, adding
that they should always have faith in Nigeria
as they did not have any other country.
He said: “We all must join hands to build a
stronger country as we do not have any other
country.”
fire out break bro
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by Revere27: 7:51am On Jan 25, 2019
119 for january alone smiley wink wink
God help us in this country
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 25, 2019
119?

Jesus!

That's a lot.

Hope this doesn't become a trend.
Re: Lagos Records 119 Fire Outbreaks In 3 Weeks by uuzba(m): 11:07am On Jan 25, 2019
Wrong application of media exposure. AKA we are trying to do James Bond.
We see all kindsof fine shine-shine things on our screens (PC, TV, phone). Ths puts our minds up in the clouds and for some moments we believe we have already arrived at Oyibo land.
We forget that we still physically surrounded by broken equipment, bad roads and malfunctioning facilities and in our haste to shine, we trip and fall.
Today it is accident of fire, tomorrow, brake faliure summersulting car. Next day Train derailed from tracks. All preventable accidents.
We are in a hurry to arrive and are not watching our immediate environment around us.
Whenever I pass Lekki Epe road I look into other cars and 11 times out of 10, the driver is pressing Whatsapp with 1 hand and his 2 eyes and using one had OR LEG to hold steering wheel.
Can you not leave this phone and drive safely?
Haba?

(1) (Reply)

I Need Quarter Plot Of Land In Lagos. Pls Call Me Urgently. / Property Bulletin - Abuja / Guys How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.