Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! (370 Views)

Pastor Buried Alive, Promised Church Members To Resurrect Like Jesus But Died / The Key To Be Eligible For Ressurection To Live Forever Like Jesus Christ / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by orisa37: 5:59am On Jan 25, 2019
What kind of Food was Jesus eating? Let us discuss. For Energy, He ate Unleaven Bread, like Shapatti, Indian style. For Growth, He ate Lamb. He drank Water, no Coke, no Fanta. Did He bleep women or were women bleeping Him like our Politicians do nowadays? I know Herod didn't ask Him to declare Assets without Liabilities. Was His Life all seriousness without enjoyments?
Re: I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by orisa37: 6:21am On Jan 25, 2019
He was even called a Gommand. He served The Pleasures of God to the fullest. He won The Sceptre of Righteousness. He neither bleeped Magdalene nor the woman at the Well. He healled them. He wasn't jealous of anyone. He was humble, loving, enduring, persevering and peaceable. He called us Friends without discrimination.
Re: I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by orisa37: 6:26am On Jan 25, 2019
Let us hear from:- jesusjnr Lightblazingnow Olaadegbu etc
Re: I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
orisa37:
What kind of Food was Jesus eating? Let us discuss.
For Energy, He ate Unleaven Bread, like Shapatti, Indian style.
For Growth, He ate Lamb.
He drank Water, no Coke, no Fanta.
Did He bleep women or were women bleeping Him like our Politicians do nowadays?
I know Herod didn't ask Him to declare Assets without Liabilities.
Was His Life all seriousness without enjoyments?
The food that Jesus ate is not important, what is important is the food that He was.

For Jesus was the bread of life, the food of the Spirit, that God sent down from heaven and gave to mankind so that they would eat and never perish but have eternal life.

Jesus said:

"...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed."
John 6:26-27 (KJV)

So Jesus is that Meat that doesn't perish but endureth unto everlasting life, hence by keeping His Words, you eat Him and His Meat would keep you alive forever.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
orisa37:
He was even called a Gommand. He served The Pleasures of God to the fullest. He won The Sceptre of Righteousness. He neither bleeped Magdalene nor the woman at the Well. He healled them. He wasn't jealous of anyone. He was humble, loving, enduring, persevering and peaceable. He called us Friends without discrimination.
When did Jesus call you His friend?

You guys of today's church would not kill me oh.

Jesus call someone else or His disciples His friends and that means Jesus calls you guys His friends?

Y'all think you can just claim the pronouncements of God on certain persons without going through the obedience, sacrifices, sufferings etc., that such ones had to go through to earn such respect in the sight of God, even as Abraham, the true Jesus disciples did?

You guys should keep on dreaming.

Jesus called you friends indeed!
Re: I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by orisa37: 4:53am On Jan 26, 2019
Read John 15 : 12-16. Then read John 17.
Re: I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 26, 2019
orisa37:
Read John 15 : 12-16.
Then read John 17.
I suppose this was meant to be a response to my post that posited that y'all in the church were deceiving yourselves to think that Jesus calling His disciples friends meant that He was also calling y'all of today's church His friends.

But if this was meant your evidence to justify your such claims, then you've even made my job much much easier, as the sayings of Jesus and not the Bible is my standard, and hence also the basis of my own claim that such an assumption and idea of those of you of today's church is only but a figment of y'all imagination.

And If you'd not seen it yet, I would use the same evidence you provided to prove it to you.

John 15:14-16 (KJV)

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 17:6 (KJV)

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Now pay particular attention to the emboldened and tell me if you still believe that it was y'all of today's church etc., that Jesus was talking to?

If so, then that means that y'all have also kept the sayings of Jesus even as the disciples of Jesus, that He called His friends on this particular occasion, had done, for according to Jesus, it is only when you've kept His Words that you are truly His friend.

But tell me now who's deceiving who, for y'all of today's church don't even believe that you have to keep His sayings to be saved or to be righteous or to even become a part of God's Kingdom etc., needless say even keep them?

So how can y'all possibly be His friends?

The teachings of Jesus are my meat, my drink, my everything, which i don't only keep but also teach emphatically as you may have noticed which perhaps led to you mentioning me on this particular subject, hence I also believe that i'm a friend of Jesus.

But as you should already see, it's not just because He called His disciples His friends but only because I have done the same thing that His true disciples have done, that made Him called them His friends, which is to keep His Words.

So if you want to be His friend in truth you must also do same, otherwise you'll keep deceiving yourself as the rest of the church that He called y'all His friends, but would only find out the truth when you appear before Him on the last day, that He may not even know you, for His only friends are those who have kept His saying.

So it's better to know this truth late than never.
Re: I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by OpenYourEyes1: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2019
JESUS ate healthy foods: Honey, Fish , Bread, possibly Fig(fruit) and corn.
No lamb my friend.
Re: I Want To Be Like Jesus !!! by orisa37: 9:09am On Jan 26, 2019
You have written much. Thank you.

Among the original 12 Disciples were Judas, Thomas, Peter, James and John. These were of different standards of reckoning in the Bible, in the Church and in the Faith generally.

Jesus baptised His Disciples severally and He knew they received Him differently and severally. He, Christ, did not grant them The Holy Spirit Baptism untill after His Resurrection. Holy Spirit Baptism come from Heaven. We all get this same treatment from John 17.

We become Christians by:-

Water Baptism in our different Churches.

Believing the Bible and practising the principles and practice.

Believing in Jesus and in the Words of His Apostles about Him.

We become Born Again when we individually receive Holy Spirit Baptism directly from The Supreme Spirit.

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Kills Pastor Jim Howard / Does God Truly Exist? / Yinka Shonibare’s Tribute To UK Diversity At The Tate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.