Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home (861 Views)

When Are You People Finally Going To Hang Jonathan? / Pastor Sleeps With Mother & Daughter, Defiles 15 Yrs Old Fellow Pastors Daughter / Eiye Confraternity Celebrates 40 Yrs Of Committing Atrocities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by kolitos007: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2010
Hello Every one, last time was in Nigeria I was just finishing school, I have now had enough of living in the UK, and really kin on going back home, I don't know how different things would be now, last time I was in Nigeria it was like 6yrs ago, I miss it, and all, but then am thinking, i would have to make new friends etc.

Alot of Nigerians I know here, have moved back, and most of them say they love it and don't think they can live here again, maybe things can change there, I love my pc's and using the internet, going to the gym and playing rugby, would I be able to do all this things there.

My finance is English, she is not convinced she wants to go, but I really miss the life style and all, I intend to go end of this year with or without her. I am just wondering if anyone got any advice for me, what to expect and if I can live my life with a lot of fun , that I am so used to at the moment.

Thanks for all your time
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by labiyemmy(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
Go if you want to my dear- dont let anyone scare you with tales by moonlight - I moved back, others moved back, we have nothing to regret, but those who dont have anything worthwhile to do if they move back will tell you stories and all what nots just to convince you not to move- oh boy- never listen to them. follow your mind.
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by bytes2tera: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2010
Move if u hav anything worthwhile to do on return (good job or viable business). Yes, u'll hav ur internet/gym but as for rugby, I dont know abt dat. Gud luck!
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by Dolemite(f): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2010
Lol, he's worried about his internet, gym and rugby. . . grin
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by makajibbz(m): 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2010
rugby[that's if yu wanna introduce/teach nigerian s to it].lol

internet = wtf, u think it's a desert[ i'm not in naija buh i skype/chat wit ma hommies alot]

gym = why dnt u cargo som weights, and start a gym business[if u gat cash]
gudluk. wink cool
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by symbian03(m): 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2010
Welcome back home bro, The land is green and i love to see our brothers with good plans at home. Gym? Alot of cemented bricks here, Talk of internet, not so bad but as least we've got a 3.5G (hsdpa) not as fast as cdma in the western world.

Rugby? Nice sport but you're gonna have to introduce that, and perhaps be happy to coach. Good luck and welcome once again.
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by labiyemmy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^pOSTER

Ask that neighbour of yours if white people have two or three balls. pleaaaseee.

Tell him once he does black, he will never be back.
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by favouredjb(f): 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
@labiyemmy true dat!

@op,u won't regret coming back by God's grace
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by iice(f): 4:39am On Aug 18, 2010
Go for a few weeks/months first and get a feel of the place before deciding. Oops but you already decided. Goodluck

To tell you the truth. . .there was a time after like 5yrs before i went home, i wanted to hop back on the plane immediately grin
But after a month. . .it was cool. Have no wish to live there though. I've lived there already. . .time to traverse the land and live somewhere for a while.
The world is my garden and i'll perch where i wanna perch grin
Re: After 15 Yrs Finally Going Home by kolitos007: 7:18am On Aug 18, 2010
Thank you, some positive and straight to the point comments, and yes I have already made up my mind to go and can't wait.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

ff / Virus On Romance Threads / My First Thread: Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.