Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Okorocha Approves N7.5bn For Renovation Of Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Approves N7.5bn For Renovation Of Schools (266 Views)

Wike Orders Immediate Closure Of International Conference Centre For Renovation / Makinde Donated N100m For Renovation Of Pdp’s PDI, Says Ayu / No Money Was Released For Renovation - Senate Speaks On Leaking Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Approves N7.5bn For Renovation Of Schools by OrientDailyNews: 8:07am On Jan 25, 2019

By Damian Duruiheoma, Owerri

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state has said he has released N7.5billion for the renovation of all the government owned secondary and primary schools in various communities in the state.

The governor also disclosed that his government has already rebuilt all the government owned schools within Owerri, the state capital and environs.

This is even as he has promised to take very brilliant students from various schools in the state to a tour of the United States of America before the expiration of his tenure in May 2019.

Making the disclosure during the unveiling and distribution of new school bags for all the students and pupils in the government owned schools in the state recently, Governor Okorocha stated that the project of renovating the schools would commence immediately and that he would make sure that they were completed before May 29, 2019.

The governor stated that the essence of the event was to dramatise the years of free education which his administration established in the state by giving students and pupils free sandals, desks, uniforms, bags, employed more than four thousand teachers and remodeled the premier schools in Owerri and environs to enable the free education programme take off on a very solid foundation.

His words: “I have just come to dramatize our love for education. Education is our number one industry and the best gift you can give to a child is education. And today we can see that the free education has done well in Imo state. The programme can be adjudged successful from all indications. I am grateful to all the teachers for keeping the flag of free education flying.

“But let me say to all of you that you may recall that seven years ago when I was elected your governor, my first pronouncement was that education must be free so that the children of the less privileged can go to school.  I started with that by giving free education, and also giving stipends, uniforms, sandals, desks and chairs.

“Today as I exit in a very short time as your governor, I want to conclude with education. All those who have played a very vital role in keeping this light on, I salute you and I commend all of you. As I speak now, I want to announce to you that my parting gift to the people of Imo state in the Education Sector is the immediate release of N7.5billion for the renovation of all the secondary and primary schools in Imo state.

“In addition, I will release immediately the sum of N1million for the children in each of the primary and secondary schools in the state for their pocket money. Every child in Primary and Secondary Schools must also get the new bag already being distributed”.

Okorocha added that the best overall student in every School will have a letter from the governor plus N10,000.  "And the best in primary school in all the schools will also get the sum of N10,000. Your teachers who have been teaching you, making sacrifices and making sure you are educated, I hereby approve N10,000 for each of the teachers in both Secondary and Primary Schools of Imo state.”

He further stated “For those students that have the power of communication and oratory, they will have automatic tickets to the United States of America on holidays. I do this in Rochas Foundation Colleges every year where the best students go to America for holidays. I want to introduce it to Imo state before I leave. So the first set of best students will have to travel before I leave office”.  

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/life-style/education/okorocha-approves-5bn-renovation-schools/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44
Re: Okorocha Approves N7.5bn For Renovation Of Schools by sparog(m): 8:10am On Jan 25, 2019
Only renovation kwa
Re: Okorocha Approves N7.5bn For Renovation Of Schools by Fuckuignos(f): 8:11am On Jan 25, 2019
"It will be VERY DIFFICULT for Nigerians to FORGIVE PDP, don't WASTE your MONEY, TIME and ENERGY....."

~ Prof. Jerry Gana advices Atiku
Re: Okorocha Approves N7.5bn For Renovation Of Schools by Nbote(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2019
Chaiii!!!! Rochas is getting desperate by d day and stuffing his cap with as much money as he can before he is booted out.. If by renovation he means repainting of skools, den anoda spiritual slap is coming for him

(1) (Reply)

Edo Govt, Group Train Civil Servants, Security Officials, Others On Emergency... / Banky W Accuses His Opponents Of Removing His Campaign Posters / Ohanaeze Ndigbo Should Not Get Involved In Partisan Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.