Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,092 members, 7,852,694 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

3 Key Lessons From My 3 Years Marital Journey - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Key Lessons From My 3 Years Marital Journey (214 Views)

"Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey / 3 Key Lessons From My 3 Years Marital Journey (lesson 2) / 3 Key Lessons From My 3 Years Marital Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Key Lessons From My 3 Years Marital Journey by toyinaremu(f): 9:26am On Jan 25, 2019
Lesson 3

The third lesson marriage has taught me is the aspect of feeding. Trust me, men loves food too, good food at that.

I was told of some ladies that sees cooking as a no-go area, if you are in this category please stay in your presents' house. To be sincere with you, in marriage you will have to cook, you will have to know how to prepare some delicacies, especially your husband's favorite.

Like I said in the second lesson, give food in the other room and on the table, that is balanced diet.

Stop leaving your husband's food to the maid, it is a very delicate game! He married you and not the maid so remove those nails if that's what makes cooking tasky and fix his meal like a king that he is.

Marriage is not only in intimacy, companionship, togetherness, same clothing, and so on; it also has something to do with cooking, and not necessarily expensive but a delicious meal with the little ingredients you have or can afford.

A meal is not really delicious because of the variety of ingredients in it but in the manner of cooking and presenting it.

Talking about presenting, do not serve food and heap it like a sacrifice, spice up the table and arrange the food properly.

Learn how to dish and present your meal, I personally do check online to learn more on how to present food in different ways to spice up the table. It is called food plating.

Quote me, cooking has nothing to do with an obligation but it has everything to do with your heart and choice. It's your choice to feed your husband and care for his welfare because you love him.

Oh how I love seeing the joy on my husband’s face, the satisfaction he has whenever he eats my food! He takes it and bless me, he appreciates it so much that the sight of the food even brings about speaking in tongues and he's always looking forward to having some more like Oliver Twist (smiles). Remember, do not to overfeed your husband please, make it healthy.

Go online and learn recipes even if you cannot cook or to expand your knowledge. I take pleasure in learning recipes that are not my regular type or that's from another tribe; join groups that teaches cooking skills too.

Learn how to fix quick breakfast and dinner, food crafts to make children eat, make quick fresh fruit juices or smoothies, snacks and so on. Arrange your kitchen in a way that pleases you so that cooking will be easy and remember to keep it clean too.

Please note that you do not have to go beyond your budget, one of the beauty of a wise woman is to know how to manage what you have and can afford.

Your man can help you sometimes as he wishes but do not see it as his duty, it is not no more no less, he can only assist sometimes.

Do not forget that the topic is addressing the wife and not the girlfriend. Stop performing wifely duties to someone you are not married to, do not play with fire, food can lead to other things o!

These three key points among others can change a marriage positively and rekindle the flames of love.

I wish you a good marriage.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let The World Know / We Pray For The Nigeria Labour / Trade Union Congress / Reviving Word; Boosting Your Morale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.