Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 (1065 Views)

Help: I Need Help To Fix Intractable Overheating Problem / Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon / The Historical Events Of Toyota RAV 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 by wilsonjay: 12:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
During last December i travelled with my Rav 4 to osun state, on my way back it it was not selecting gear as usual i stopped to check . but everything looks fine.After travelling for some kilometers i noticed the car overheating. i stopped an allowed to cool down. To cut the long story short the gasket was burnt. i took it to the mechanic for gasket replacement and some other work which they did, but i was surprised it does no,t go to idle state again after starting. we discover that the ECM was burnt, which i later changed. The mechanic said the only option is to change the engine cylinder. Now with all what have spent the car is still over heating . PLEASE ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM.
Re: Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 by wilsonjay: 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
PLEASE HELP THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN LINGERING FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW, THE CAR IS WITH THE MECHANIC
Re: Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 by nurey(m): 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2019
if the temp gauge is just going up then you have wrong ECU installed.
if the car is really overheating check
thermostat if stuck closed
radiator if clocked blocked etc
water pump if faulty
Gasket if badly done etc
Re: Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 by wilsonjay: 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
please am still expecting your advice
Re: Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 by wilsonjay: 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
se
Re: Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 by cyborg123(m): 7:23am On Jan 26, 2019
You were given excellent recommendations by nurey which you failed to acknowledge and you are expecting more?

Anyway, run a scan on the vehicle. This should always be done on 1999 and above cars before any engine / transmission repairs.

1 Like

Re: Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 by 3kay945(m): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2019
wilsonjay:
During last December i travelled with my Rav 4 to osun state, on my way back it it was not selecting gear as usual i stopped to check . but everything looks fine.After travelling for some kilometers i noticed the car overheating. i stopped an allowed to cool down. To cut the long story short the gasket was burnt. i took it to the mechanic for gasket replacement and some other work which they did, but i was surprised it does no,t go to idle state again after starting. we discover that the ECM was burnt, which i later changed. The mechanic said the only option is to change the engine cylinder. Now with all what have spent the car is still over heating . PLEASE ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM.

Is your tempt gauge working? How didn't you notice until it burnt your gasket?
Answer the questions from bosses first before mine. I have used that particular model before. cool
Re: Overheating Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2001 by wilsonjay: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
Sorry for the late responce the temprature guage was on the standard middle point when the issue happen, meaning that the gauge was not sensing the increase in temprature . so currently we want to change the thermostat and also clean the radiator.

(1) (Reply)

Straight Pipe Exhaust - Definition, Pros & Cons / 9 Typical Signals Of A Faulty Fuel Injector / Pls suggest with 1m Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.