Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja (19397 Views)

NCAA To Demolish Globacom Masts Nationwide Over ₦5.9 Billion Debts / Presidency Orders Demolition Of Masts Belonging To Globacom Telco Nationwide / Gbwhatsapp Shuts Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by Casemiro(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
shocked
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by ClearFlair: 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
I’m not surprised that Atiku’s people are evading tax.
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by helinues: 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
Okay
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by eWyse: 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
Kogi state again? This is seriously serious shocked
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by SalamRushdie: 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
MTN owes you no tax ..this is pure extortion

1 Like

Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:
MTN owes you no tax ..this is pure extortion
How come airtel,9mobile and glo weren't affected? Please for once remove sentiment and think logically

1 Like

Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by simplesearch: 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
idu1:
They were shutdown due non remittance of tax. Is your father the owner of mtn?

On a more serious note are there not Kogi indigenes working with the company who pay their taxes regularly? Their non-remittance, is it an act of willfully withholding or temporary inability with Mou to pay asap. This are issues to be resolved, as Kogi stand to lose the most if MTN pull out, don't mind that in couple of Months Yaya will be gone so what happens with those that are left. Shutting down a company like MTN is definitely a wrong decision as there are better way to engage their management without subjecting users to unmitigated discomfort arising from such decision.
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by sweetrace(f): 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
What moral rectitude has Bello got to shut anyone down? Does he pay salaries? When he chooses to, he pays 20% of the individual salaries. Imagine someone earning as little as 18k per month being given 20% percent of that. How are they to cope? Even pensioners are not left out. Initially he paid pensioners their salaries, and I was like he has a bit of a conscience. But, that was short lived.
I don’t understand this though. Is MTN not supposed to pay federal taxes? Are they supposed to pay double taxes? If MTN should pay the taxes, will it go to the people of the state or is Bello looking for a cash cow?
Bello should hide himself in shame. He is the governor of a state where people commit suicide because they cannot cope with the financial pressures of day to day life.

1 Like

Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by Trustme2(m): 2:30pm On Jan 26, 2019
omotolly22:
na serious matter oh,for 3 days now I have not been able to make call
Are you in Lokoja?
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by lexy2014: 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
Papertrail11:

do you know how much mtn has to spen to power up so many base stations how much diesel it has to burn in the air and the cost of it...

domt slam they with too much tax when you cant provide electricty

cell phone towers are powered up with electricty not garri

Even d garri isnt cheap
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by omotolly22(f): 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
Trustme2:
Are you in Lokoja?
yes I am
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by omotolly22(f): 3:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
Trustme2:
Are you in Lokoja?
yes I am
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by omotolly22(f): 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
Trustme2:
Are you in Lokoja?
yes I am
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by Yankee101: 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
Dumb dumber
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by Acidosis(m): 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
idu1:
They were shutdown due non remittance of tax. Is your father the owner of mtn?

I will disown any family that pays tax to Yahaya Bello. This excludes those receiving one salary per six months basis.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by Bluehill1051: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
Is it not Bello. The CEO of Kogi state plc. That guy and his assistant, Onoja can shut down anything in kogi, even inec sef
Re: Governor Yahaya Bello Shuts Down MTN Masts In Lokoja by DeGovernor001: 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
MirJay:

of course. I rather b a slave to Mtn than b Yahaya Bello's bitch
you be mumu watin yahaya Bello do you for this matter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Business App Now Available In Nigeria / Tecno Vs Gionee Android Phones / Everything You Should Know About The New Facebook Dating Feature.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.