Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

How To Make 272 In JAMB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make 272 In JAMB (590 Views)

What Can I Do Not To Miss Admission This Year With 272 UTME Score? / 1,272 Fail Nigerian Law School Exam / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make 272 In JAMB by leonard002(m): 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
Hello, Jambite, how are things going? I remember quite vividly when I was preparing for my UME exam, i.e., JAMB back in 2008. There were lots of emotions that I was feeling back then; lots of them, like Fear, Confusion, Apprehension, Resolution, Uncertainty, Faith, Confidence, and so on.

As you can obviously see also, some of them are rather conflicting; but I felt them all anyway; all of them at the same time; some more intensely than others; some of them at different points during the preparatory stages of the exam. Some of them in fact remained and in some cases, even intensified after I wrote the exam.

Why did I start with this? Well, I started like this because I want you to understand that I perfectly understand your emotions and feelings at this point, & also to tell you that it’s perfectly normal for you to feel those emotions.

In fact, that’s what this article targets; to arm you with the necessary knowledge to eliminate those negative emotions and cling to the positive ones, which will, in all certainty, ensure a successful transition into your dream tertiary institution and your dream course of study.

OK, here we start. I guess the few questions that would come to your mind when you saw the title of this article are: ‘Why 272?’, ‘Why was I so specific?’, ‘What if I wanted to score more than 272?’ ‘Is it possible for me to score very high?’ ‘What can I do to get a high score like that?’

Well, well, well. Those were good questions and we’ll answer them all & even more, during the course of this article.

I chose 272 because that’s what I scored in my only UME in 2008. Back then, though, I didn’t think it corresponded to the intensity of effort I made, but it was a pretty good score. I’m going to share with you all the strategies I adopted back then (& I implemented quite a lot of strategies) and even more. This is because I’m wiser today than I was 11 years ago. That’s good news for you because if you can apply al the principles that I give you here, the very minimum you should expect to make is 272. You should even make a much higher score.

I guess the above also answers why I was specific, your abilities, and the possibility of scoring more than 272.
We’ve done quite a lot of intro, so let’s get to business proper.

THE HOW: THE ACTION STEPS
That’s what it all boils down to, isn’t it? What to do; steps to take; steps to get you 272 or more.

#1: SET A GOAL: MAKE A TARGET
I believe this is all pretty obvious. No mortal can hit a target that is not in existence. A significantly large percentage of people preparing for this exam don’t have a specific target of the exact score they wish to have.
Does this make any difference? Yes, it does. It makes all the difference. It is the very beginning and the very root of all success: Setting of specific goals. And yes, it has to be specific. I may not really have the space now to tell you how setting of specific goals can dramatically change your life and your achievements but one thing I can tell you is that having specific goals wires your body, mind, emotions and intellect to bring that goal to manifestation.

My specific goal back then, if I remember vividly, was 300. I wanted to make 300/400. That’s quite a goal you know. One of the things you’ll notice very quickly here is that I didn’t hit my specific target. I scored 272, 28 points lower than my target. That’s not unusual. It happens to everyone who sets goals. Believe me however, when I say that if I had no specific goal, or if my specific goal was lower than 300, say, 250, I wouldn’t even have gotten close to the 272 I scored. That’s the way goals work. Aim for the sun & it’s likely that you’ll hit a star (& I did hit a good star).

So I’ll ask you: ‘Do you have any specific goals for your upcoming UME? What’s the score? If you don’t have a specific goal yet, now’s the best time to do so. Your only limit is your mind. Set any goal you desire; any score at all. If you’re at a loss, just find out the minimum score required to secure admission in the course you applied for, and then add 50 points to it. Let that be your specific goal.

Frankly, I could stop here now, but there are more things I did; more things you must do.

#2: DECIDE TO PAY THE PRICE

Setting a specific goal is cool but like I said, that’s just the starting point. You’ve got to take it further by paying the price to make your goal a reality.

A specific goal without a decision to pay the required price is just like a mere wish; a mere building of imaginary castles. You must understand that there’s a price for everything on earth. If you wish to get a high score in your UME, that’s fine, but you must decide firmly in your heart to pay the required price; you must decide to give it what it takes.

Great results require great commitment; long hours of study; long hours of practice. It will take a large chunk of your strength, energy and resources, but at the end, it will pay off.

Have you decided yet? Don’t merely agree because of agreeing sake. You’ve got to be serious. It’s your future; your destiny; and it’s in your hands at this moment.

#3: WHAT’S THE PRICE?

Well, let’s say it’s not a price, but a collection of prices to pay for achieving your goal. I’ll give you a list of all you must do, all of which you must start doing from today. These things will involve a huge chunk of your time, energy, money & a lot of tireless commitment; & you must be more than willing to pay. I did all these back then, and they paid off.

a. Join A Good Preparatory Class
I believe this is very obvious. You cannot expect to make a high score in your UME without joining a good prep class. In a good prep class, you have tutors who have been in the business or preparing students for the UME over the years. They’ve got the knowledge and the experience and when you join them, it becomes their job to pass on that wealth of knowledge and experience to you.
When you become part of the prep class, you must be actively involved in every activity there. You must never miss any class; you must complete every assignment; you must do everything required of you; everything.

b. Purchase all the Required Materials.
You’ll need a lot of study materials in your journey to excellence in your UME. Find out all the stuff you’ll need and buy them all. These may include; textbooks, math sets, calculators, compiled past questions, and so on. Get all these things and use them all. No stone should be left unturned.

c. Studying By Practice
The principle of studying by practice contributed the most to the 272 that I scored. In addition to the classes and the materials I was using, I never let any day pass without solving a complete year in a past UME. Sometimes, it would be just one subject, other times; it would be all four subjects!

If you get nothing else from this article, never miss this point. You cannot afford solving your very first question in the JAMB exam hall. No you can’t. Back then, I bought the complete set of past UME questions from 1984 to 2007. I saw all the questions and attempted them all at least once.

Was I expecting any question to be repeated? Not quite. That wasn’t the goal. I wanted to get the experience of writing a mock UME. That singular act taught me a whole lot of valuable things. It wasn’t actually a real exam, so I corrected myself anytime I finished. I discovered why I failed a particular question and I read it up from my text and from the answers to the past questions.

I did this over and over till I was scoring very high in some of the years. In some years, as much as 300/400. In the early stages, I was scoring less than 200/400. That’s the power of studying by practice.

#4: WHEN DO I START?
NOW! Now is the time to start. Never lament about lost time. You can never get it back. The only time you have and can use is NOW! The exam is in some months’ time, so make use of this time that you have. Print this article. Save an online page of it, and follow all the steps and instructions as religiously as you can and you’ll be on your way to excellence.

See you @ your Dream Tertiary Institution

Written by Toochukwu Leonard

https://toochukwuleonard..com/2019/01/how-to-make-272-in-jamb.html

Re: How To Make 272 In JAMB by OneKinGuy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
Mice writeup
Re: How To Make 272 In JAMB by peteruuu(m): 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
We go dey alright last last!.
Re: How To Make 272 In JAMB by leonard002(m): 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2019
OneKinGuy:
Mice writeup
You're welcome!
Re: How To Make 272 In JAMB by leonard002(m): 7:37pm On Jan 26, 2019
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Government Of ​brunei Darussalam Scholarships For Foreign Students (fully Funded / DP-100 Dumps PDF 2019 - Microsoft DP-100 Question And Answers / Increase Your Brain's Capacity. Activate Your Creative Side.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.