Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

I Am At A Dilema State In My Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am At A Dilema State In My Career (514 Views)

A Bolt Driver's Dilema With Two Sisters. Please Help / How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am At A Dilema State In My Career by hesilo(m): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
I am a computer science student and worked with a University after i graduated for over 7years and while i was with them i enrolled for masters because for you to grow career wise in the education sector, you must have a Masters, Phd and then become a Professor. I was done with course work and at the point of research/project writing, i left the academic environment as i currently got a job in an oil and gas sector. The thing is i'm confused on whether to go and complete the masters or go ahead with professional certifications as that is what is in high demand for growth in the sector where i currently work. I asked my manager, he told me i have no use for masters instead i should go get more professional certifications. Please i need advice.

NB: I started the masters since 2015/206 and it have incurred a lot of cost(school fees et al) till date even though i paid my fees for the first time and not payed anything again. I am strongly thinking of abandoning it and use the money i would use to pay off my debt and get professional certification.

Please your Opinion is highly welcome, good or bad.
Re: I Am At A Dilema State In My Career by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
Private sectors mostly need professional certificates more than MSC, I will advise you to get the professional certificates, then later, you can do your MSC.
Re: I Am At A Dilema State In My Career by xammax(m): 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
going for professional certifications will be better.
Re: I Am At A Dilema State In My Career by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
If your MSC is part time, you can conveniently do your professional certificates too. You have already paid your fees. So you cannot waste it.
Re: I Am At A Dilema State In My Career by OreoPaschal(m): 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
hesilo:
I am a computer science student and worked with a University after i graduated for over 7years and while i was with them i enrolled for masters because for you to grow career wise in the education sector, you must have a Masters, Phd and then become a Professor. I was done with course work and at the point of research/project writing, i left the academic environment as i currently got a job in an oil and gas sector. The thing is i'm confused on whether to go and complete the masters or go ahead with professional certifications as that is what is in high demand for growth in the sector where i currently work. I asked my manager, he told me i have no use for masters instead i should go get more professional certifications. Please i need advice.

NB: I started the masters since 2015/206 and it have incurred a lot of cost(school fees et al) till date even though i paid my fees for the first time and not payed anything again. I am strongly thinking of abandoning it and use the money i would use to pay off my debt and get professional certification.

Please your Opinion is highly welcome, good or bad.

My humble advice, You are half way gone with MSc. And it's best you complete it before you enroll for professional certificate.

(1) (Reply)

Audition!!! Become A Nollywood Star. / I Need Your Opinions In Marine Engineering / Current Vacancies At Jos University Teaching Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.