Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Potato Pc Upgrade Help - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Potato Pc Upgrade Help (808 Views)

PC Gamers Club - Potato Nation / PUBG Lite Might Be Coming To LOW-END Pc's. My Potato Brothers Jubilate :-D / How To Upgrade Dream League Soccer Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Potato Pc Upgrade Help by IAmRoot(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2019
Is it possible to upgrade the processor of a low end pc for gaming
Re: Potato Pc Upgrade Help by LucemFerre: 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
IAmRoot:
Is it possible to upgrade the processor of a low end pc for gaming

Sure, if its a desktop. Despite, you're gonna need more than a CPU upgrade to make gaming-ready
Re: Potato Pc Upgrade Help by Psychodavidovic(m): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2019
LucemFerre:

Sure, if its a desktop. Despite, you're gonna need more than a CPU upgrade to make gaming-ready

What's the least cores and clock speed required for most tripple A tittles ? 4 cores ? 3.0GHz ?

I know it is mostly dependent on the graphics card but i just want to have an idea.
Re: Potato Pc Upgrade Help by IAmRoot(m): 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
LucemFerre:

it's a desktop computer hp 255 g2
Re: Potato Pc Upgrade Help by LucemFerre: 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

What's the least cores and clock speed required for most tripple A tittles ? 4 cores ? 3.0GHz ?

I know it is mostly dependent on the graphics card but i just want to have an idea.

Recent Triple A games... you shouldn't go less than a CPU with 4 cores especially when you're using mid-highend GPUs else you'd bottleneck your gpu

However if one is getting a budget gpu then 2 cores would suffice. But, I presume you're talking about AAA games of last, say 5 years or so. In that case, a CPU with 4 cores and >= 3.0 ghz would get you through any recent game. CPUs are hyperthreaded these days so, you won't need more, at least for now.
But, if one has the money to throw around, there's nothing wrong with going higher to 6 cores... For future proof

1 Like

Re: Potato Pc Upgrade Help by LucemFerre: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
IAmRoot:
it's a desktop computer hp 255 g2

Sorry, it's really hard for me to figure out these PC models I prefer to work with individual parts as it might have been altered in some way
Re: Potato Pc Upgrade Help by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
LucemFerre:

Recent Triple A games... you shouldn't go less than a CPU with 4 cores especially when you're using mid-highend GPUs else you'd bottleneck your gpu

However if one is getting a budget gpu then 2 cores would suffice. But, I presume you're talking about AAA games of last, say 5 years or so. In that case, a CPU with 4 cores and >= 3.0 ghz would get you through any recent game. CPUs are hyperthreaded these days so, you won't need more, at least for now.
But, if one has the money to throw around, there's nothing wrong with going higher to 6 cores... For future proof

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GTA 5 Pc Version Needed In Lagos / Small Naruto Game That Can Be Played On Android / *after New* Update Free Fire Smart Key-mapping Not Working Fix On Gameloop Emula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.