Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together (24332 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege At Stanel World Awka. Pictures / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by oboy81: 2:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
keryj:

Sorry for coming here to disgrace urself, did i beg u for quote? I pray not minding ur business will not kill u dia
Just as I expected You would reply. "GIRLS" OF NOWADAYS YOU ARE NOTHING BUT FVCK TOYS!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by keryj(f): 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
oboy81:

Just as I expected You would reply. "GIRLS" OF NOWADAYS YOU ARE NOTHING BUT FVCK TOYS!

Don't forget all females in your past and present generations as Bleep toys. Baby toy like you

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by wink2015(m): 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2019
OgaGist:

Two writing giants from Nigeria, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Professor Wole Soyinka met and took a photo which the former shared on Instagram.

Sharing the photo, Chimamanda showered the Nobel Laureate winner with glowing words.

She wrote:

You are, for me, a guiding light:

Your courage. The ease with which you inhabit your skin, speaking your mind, unburdened by apology.

Your kindness and humour.

Your utter coolness.

The urgent, terse poetry of The Man Died, the exuberance of Ake; your faith in possibility, in adventure, in progress.

Yes indeed, ‘the mindless ones are neither the total sum nor the true face of humanity.’

Thank you, Prof.

CNA

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-showers-professor-wole-soyinka-with-glowing-words-as-she-shares-photo-of-them-together

Nice photo shot.

Age is fast catching up with Professor Wole Soyinka.

I pray that Nigeria listen to this elder stateman.

He has contributed so much towards our democracy.

He has given us the secrets that will make Nigeria a better country from his fountain of knowledge.

But our greedy political class are just interested in things that will profit them and their family members including cronies and syncophant.

Kudos to Professor Wole Soyinka for all your sacrifices and struggle for the greatness of Nigeria which you have been fighting from the dark days of General Sani Abacha.

I salute Chimamanda Adichie for her contribution towards the literary fields. Keep up the burning pen and we love reading your books.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Soulsymbol99: 2:31pm On Jan 26, 2019
Birds of same........ cool
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Elgringo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
is that what your own sisters carry to nightclubs? Oloorun
Eco99:

Prof that cannot get his clothes ironed

And celebrity writer holding something that looks

like wat ss3 girls usually carry around that can both be used for school in the morning and as purse in the night for club...

#Eco99#
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Success410: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2019
keryj:
I love her outfit, although I can't wear it
How would u wear it since it will not bring out your market product

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Jarus:
Because me I no get name, WS turned down my photo request at Heathrow 4 months ago.

Lol grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
BluntBoy:

The man does not really like taking photos. You must be really adamant to force him into taking a picture.

Even journalists find it difficult to get him to take pictures after interviews.
He's afraid of camera grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by madjune(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
Which kain purse she carry so.

This babe na old skool to the bones.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
oboy81 and keryj

See dis ones fighting like cat and mouse online. If u put dem both inside one rum na, na one kind funny sound u go dry hear o...

If u know u know grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by musicwriter(m): 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
Soyinka helped me a lot when I was in school. He was a huge inspiration to any serious student in school in Africa in the 80's.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by cosse(m): 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
femi4:
echo...that's what you are. You ll never be a voice
daaaammmnnn.....that was wicked...chai
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Jarus(m): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
BluntBoy:

The man does not really like taking photos. You must be really adamant to force him into taking a picture.

Even journalists find it difficult to get him to take pictures after interviews.

I was told that by friends when I made a FB post about it after my experience.

Ran into him at the rest room, greeted him and politely asked for photo when we got back to the departure lounge, he refused.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by keryj(f): 7:48pm On Jan 26, 2019
Success410:
How would u wear it since it will not bring out your market product

OYO with your market
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by keryj(f): 7:51pm On Jan 26, 2019
Noel1:
oboy81 and keryj

See dis ones fighting like cat and mouse online. If u put dem both inside one rum na, na one kind funny sound u go dry hear o...

If u know u know grin grin grin

That guy is trying to be a pain
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by animides(m): 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
Yee eee mogbe police need to arrest you...how will sombori clorg be better than another sombori destiny...Aye le o

Who is this one?
His unironed cloth is better than your destiny [/quote]
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by animides(m): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2019
Witlee:

Yee eee mogbe police need to arrest you...how will sombori clorg be better than another sombori destiny...Aye le o

Who is this one?
His unironed cloth is better than your destiny
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by BluntBoy(m): 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
Noel1:
He's afraid of camera grin grin grin

That is obviously not the case.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by BluntBoy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
Witlee:

Who is this one?
His unironed cloth is better than your destiny

Damn shocked
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by TemmyT002(m): 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
Picture of the day
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 26, 2019
musicwriter:
Soyinka helped me a lot when I was in school. He was a huge inspiration to any serious student in school in Africa in the 80's.
Interesting.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie And Wole Soyinka Pictured Together by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:18am On Jan 27, 2019
TimiRume:
She is pretty, i wish more african women would wear their hair cool

Is that her hair?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex With My Mathematics Teacher … (18+) / Stranded-by Ogunnawo Mathews / Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.