Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Access Bank Manager In Rivers State University Assaults A Student For Doing Good - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Access Bank Manager In Rivers State University Assaults A Student For Doing Good (1198 Views)

Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth' / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Manager In Rivers State University Assaults A Student For Doing Good by Lovisious(m): 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2019
This morning, I came to school and heard a very appalling tale. My friend Ewah Archangel Henry saw a purse yesterday, with some money in it. The purse didn't have any means of identifying it's owner, there was no ID card or even a return address or contact number. He only found an Access Bank ATM card in it.
After lectures yesterday, he took it to the Access Bank branch in Rivers State University. He was able to describe how he found the purse and suggested to the Customer Care agent who attended to him to pull up the information of the card owner, so that he could tell her he was with her purse. They got the number, he called her and she was very happy someone found it because she lost it earlier that day (yesterday), she said she was nowhere close to school, but asked him to hold on to the purse for a while, just until she gets to school to collect it from him. You'd think this good work would be the end of it, little did he know it was just the beginning of a day in hell.
The customer care agent in a bid to inform the Branch Manager what was going on got him involved. The manager asked him to show him his school ID card to prove his studentship. He couldn't, because he didn't have a valid school ID card (RSU's ID card for a session expires on the 31st of October every year). Henry however told the manager that he was a student of the Department of Medical Laboratory Science, 500L, Histopathology option and that the manager could either call our HOD or the former HOD or our Staff Adviser (Dr. Obioma), or the Dean of Faculty of Science or even the Chaplin of our Chapel of Redemption (RSU) to confirm his claims. The manager didn't.
A while later, Henry told the manager to let him leave since he (Henry) had to report to work. The manager told him he was once a student and he worked too, but he never worked at night and the only people who worked at night are "armed robbers". As if that wasn't enough, the manager went ahead to call Henry a thief. (Henry said the humiliation he received yesterday was worse than what a thief would have had to endure). All because he tried to return a lost and found purse?!?
To make matters worse, the manager called a "Mopol man" who came wearing bathroom slippers, without his uniform. This mopol man, under the instructions of the manager opened a can of Tear Gas in the room where my friend was kept. Bank workers tried to help him, but the manager insisted on leaving him because "he is a thief". Henry said he couldn't see for 3 hours and when he got home and tried having his bath, he felt like his skin was on fire. He's still having difficulty breathing. What if Henry was asthmatic? What if he had died??
Did I mention his phone got smashed??
What happened to the law that states that "No individual is guilty of any crime except otherwise proven in a court of law"?
I have only 2 questions to ask the Bank Manager:
1. Which thief comes to a bank to return a customer's ATM card, and which thief tries to return the contents of a lost and found purse to it's rightful owner with its contents still in tact?
2. What right did the bank manager have to treat a student of the institution in that manner? The proper thing to do would have been to bring it to the notice of the school's security.
Honesty is the best policy, but see where honesty has landed Henry. The injustice in this country is alarming! How can we complain about our leaders at the top, when we're doing worse at the grassroot level??
Which human being will be motivated to perform another good deed after suffering such humiliation. Tell me, would you
His character was not just defamed, his health is now at risk.
RSU SUG
RSU students
Access Bank Nigeria
Please look into this matter.
Repost and share
That is the face of the bank manager. His name is Gabby David. We want justice for Henry. Our SUG have been compromised with promises. This injustice cannot go unpunished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Manager In Rivers State University Assaults A Student For Doing Good by uzoormah(m): 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
I'll sue the manager oo... you can imagine
Re: Access Bank Manager In Rivers State University Assaults A Student For Doing Good by kingabpet(m): 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
Why not post on Twitter and tag access bank so that it can get to them or get a sound lawyer and sue the bastard and protect your friend's integrity. U can simply sue the bank manager for defamation of character because he is guilty of damaging his (your friend's) reputation... U should receive some cash in compensation if u can prove ur point

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Manager In Rivers State University Assaults A Student For Doing Good by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
I'm sure reverse would have been the case if your friend was a woman.
Re: Access Bank Manager In Rivers State University Assaults A Student For Doing Good by Simplecity(m): 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2019
Lovisious:
This morning, I came to school and heard a very appalling tale. My friend Ewah Archangel Henry saw a purse yesterday, with some money in it. The purse didn't have any means of identifying it's owner, there was no ID card or even a return address or contact number. He only found an Access Bank ATM card in it.
After lectures yesterday, he took it to the Access Bank branch in Rivers State University. He was able to describe how he found the purse and suggested to the Customer Care agent who attended to him to pull up the information of the card owner, so that he could tell her he was with her purse. They got the number, he called her and she was very happy someone found it because she lost it earlier that day (yesterday), she said she was nowhere close to school, but asked him to hold on to the purse for a while, just until she gets to school to collect it from him. You'd think this good work would be the end of it, little did he know it was just the beginning of a day in hell.
The customer care agent in a bid to inform the Branch Manager what was going on got him involved. The manager asked him to show him his school ID card to prove his studentship. He couldn't, because he didn't have a valid school ID card (RSU's ID card for a session expires on the 31st of October every year). Henry however told the manager that he was a student of the Department of Medical Laboratory Science, 500L, Histopathology option and that the manager could either call our HOD or the former HOD or our Staff Adviser (Dr. Obioma), or the Dean of Faculty of Science or even the Chaplin of our Chapel of Redemption (RSU) to confirm his claims. The manager didn't.
A while later, Henry told the manager to let him leave since he (Henry) had to report to work. The manager told him he was once a student and he worked too, but he never worked at night and the only people who worked at night are "armed robbers". As if that wasn't enough, the manager went ahead to call Henry a thief. (Henry said the humiliation he received yesterday was worse than what a thief would have had to endure). All because he tried to return a lost and found purse?!?
To make matters worse, the manager called a "Mopol man" who came wearing bathroom slippers, without his uniform. This mopol man, under the instructions of the manager opened a can of Tear Gas in the room where my friend was kept. Bank workers tried to help him, but the manager insisted on leaving him because "he is a thief". Henry said he couldn't see for 3 hours and when he got home and tried having his bath, he felt like his skin was on fire. He's still having difficulty breathing. What if Henry was asthmatic? What if he had died??
What happened to the law that states that "No individual is guilty of any crime except otherwise proven in a court of law"?
1. Which thief comes to a bank to return a customer's ATM card, and which thief tries to return the contents of a lost and found purse to it's rightful owner with its contents still in tact?
2. What right did the bank manager have to treat a student of the institution in that manner? The proper thing to do would have been to bring it to the notice of the school's security.
Honesty is the best policy, but see where honesty has landed Henry. The injustice in this country is alarming! How can we complain about our leaders at the top, when we're doing worse at the grassroot level??
Which human being will be motivated to perform another good deed after suffering such humiliation. Tell me, would you
RSU SUG
RSU students
Access Bank Nigeria
Repost and share
That is the face of the bank manager. His name is Gabby David. We want justice for Henry. Our SUG have been compromised with promises. This injustice cannot go unpunished.
post it on twitter and tag access bank ..also post it with that picture of the manager that looks like a child rapist

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Manager In Rivers State University Assaults A Student For Doing Good by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 27, 2019
Lovisious:
RSU SUG
RSU students
Access Bank Nigeria
Repost and share
There is more to this story. I need clarifications on answers to these questions
1.You said that the manager asked for an identity card right? Why didn't your friend showed him even if it is invalid or it has expired?.
2. Did your friend report this case to the students affairs unit if his assertions are true?
3. Was your friend involved in any fraudulent act that warrant suspicion?
4. Was he proud, arrogant and ruled to the manager? You only stated his side of the story I don't know what must have transpired between him and the manager. A reasonable human being on seeing a kind gesture doesn't pay back with evil
5. Does he have evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he is right and manager is wrong. I wonder why the manager will be stupid to even put up a fight at the expense of his job.
Good people of Nigeria and beyond, we should look into this matter with objective view before casting stone at the manager.

(1) (Reply)

MBA Research Proposal Writing, Roehampton, Northampton And Others / . / About Delsu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.