Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition (1302 Views)

Buhari Has Indirectly Made Fashola His Second In Command / Boko-Haram Ranks Second On Global Terror List / ‘nigeria Ranks Second In The World In Road Accident Fatalities’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by asha80(m): 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
Nigeria Ranks Second in Lowest Living Condition
By Paul Ohia with agency report, 08.17.2010

United States based Newsweek magazine has ranked living conditions in 100 countries around the world and in the magazine’s analysis, Nigeria was judged to be second to the worst while Finland is the best.

Cameroun is at the bottom of the ladder while Burkina Faso is a step ahead of Nigeria.
The analysis examined factors such as education and health care, quality of life, economic dynamism, and political environment.
Finishing after Finland were Switzerland and Sweden. The United States was in 11th place.

The analysis of educational systems used factors such as the international PISA studies, as well as measures of efficiency and the educational level of the population at large. In this, Finland was in first place, followed by South Korea and Canada, which were in a tie.
Finland’s lowest marks were in health care, in which it came in 17th. The ranking was based on a World Health Organisation comparison examining how many years an average citizen could expect to live a full-blown life without being burdened by illness or disability. The top three were Japan, Switzerland and Sweden.
A number of factors were considered in assessing quality of life.

These included gender equality, the percentage of people living in poverty, the equality of wealth distribution, the suicide rate, the state of the environment, and the proportion of employed people in the population. In this, Finland was in fourth place, with Norway, Switzerland, and Luxembourg coming ahead.
Economic dynamism was gauged on the basis of GDP growth, the proportion of services and industrial output in GDP, innovations, the ease with which new companies can reach the market, and the scope of the stock market. In this Finland was eighth, with Singapore, the USA and South Korea as the top three.

The quality of the political was gauged through a comparison of democratic freedom, the proportion of citizens involved in elections, and political stability. Finland ranked fifth, trailing Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, and New Zealand.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=180852
Re: Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by homerac7: 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2010
nefa worry dude, we shall make up on d corruption rating. u know now, we sabi carry first and break record for dat one. we r only concentrating on our strenght and leaf others to take care of d other ones.
Re: Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
These included gender equality, the percentage of people living in poverty, the equality of wealth distribution, the suicide rate, the state of the environment, and the proportion of employed people in the population.

These are some of the important factors to be considered when measuring real development/ state of life in any area.

I am not certain of the suicide rate factor though . . . I mean rich can also commit suicide. grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by Ikengawo: 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2010
yeah because nigeria and cameroon are worst places then somalia afganistan and haiti.

smfh. you people will buy anything that degrades your country just for the sake of feeling degraded.
Re: Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by chosen04(f): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ikengawo:

yeah because nigeria and cameroon are worst places then somalia afganistan and haiti.

smfh. you people will buy anything that degrades your country just for the sake of feeling degraded.

Positive Wishing/dreaming at its best!!! ********Pls help this dude to wake up********
Re: Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by Bishopking: 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ikengawo,

Didn't you read the number of countries involved?
Also, if nigeria is the heaven that I suppose you think it is, then why on earth will a nigerian be ready to escape to places (such as sudan, somalia, or wherever)you would believe are worse.
By the way, why measuring up with the ones you assume are worse-off? My believe is that if I don't get the best, then I have failed. People in nigeria who IMO believe that showing face i.e. being also-rans is good enough are the main problems. And these are the overwhelming majority.
Re: Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by EzeUche22(m): 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ikengawo:

Shut up! Are you in Naija? If not, you really need to shut up. The average Nigerian is just trying to survive.
Re: Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by Ikengawo: 1:39am On Aug 24, 2010
hahaha! so what is the average somalian doing?! LMAO!

the average nigerian expects to be a milionaire and if they're not then they're 'living in poverty'
this is why they're ungrateful thieves.

there's not even food in Niger. There is literally no food in Niger. none. and you're the worst country in the world right? LOL

worst then haiti right?
Re: Nigeria Ranks Second In Lowest Living Condition by Ikengawo: 1:44am On Aug 24, 2010
@ikengawo,

Didn't you read the number of countries involved?
Also, if nigeria is the heaven that I suppose you think it is, then why on earth will a nigerian be ready to escape to places (such as sudan, somalia, or wherever)you would believe are worse.
By the way, why measuring up with the ones you assume are worse-off? My believe is that if I don't get the best, then I have failed. People in nigeria who IMO believe that showing face i.e. being also-rans is good enough are the main problems. And these are the overwhelming majority.

this is whats wrong with nigerians. everything is either heaven or hell

just cause i dont think nigeria is worst then

afganistan
pakistan
somalia
congo
haiti
niger
liberia
sierra leone
chad

and the so forth means i think it's a heaven?
no. i think nigeria is a country in bad shape, but is average among nations, not the best not the worst.
this is called realistic.

Nigerians leave nigeria and go to these places because they're ignorant and have no dignity lol.
i have this monkey from my village calling me from Sierra Leone telling me to send him money because 'there's no jobs' in sierra leone

WELL NO Sh.IT SHERLOCK! lllooolll. They're even in places like india calling me to send them money cause there's no jobs. Ignorant.
mind you there's jobs in nigeria, they're just too ignorant to apply and too arrogant to take an average job like cleaning or construction

but in the US they have no problem doing it.
i love nigeria and hate nigerians. i wish there was no nigerians in nigeria, it would be the perfect country. lol.

(1) (Reply)

Saleha Huuda Dead: University Of Florida Found Dead In Brush Fire / Help! Help! Help! / Confessions Of A Prosecutor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.