Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN (39267 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As Buhari Suspends RUGA / Suspension Of Nigerian Top Judge Breaches Human Rights - UN / Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by discusant: 3:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
...because Nigeria is a deadly contraption since northern soldiers proliferated undue large number of twenty states with corresponding political constituencies in Fulani-controlled northern Nigeria.

Southern Nigerians became strangers in Nigeria's political process since then.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Tareq1105: 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ugochukw15:
Buhari and his co-travellers has succeded in ridiculing our country internationally. No thanks to A.P.C; cult of dishonest irreputable fellows.

It's good for international community to know that justice is for the highest bidder in Nigeria.

Justice is for the rich in Nigeria.

Anything is possible in our courts.

Let's speak the Truth.

Most especially Electoral Cases, they're for the highest bidder.

It's only those of you that are benefiting from judicial corruption that are wailing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by dav2yele(m): 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
Why are we behaving as if we are not learner concerning this onnoghen did he come out and claim innocent or did he tell those people complain about buhari suspending him that he is innocent of the guilty of what dey are accusing of
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by 3kay945(m): 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
highcollide:
It is suspicious of Onnoghen, a chief justice to feign ignorance of the law. I mean, 55 houses and millions of dollars undeclared? I am pushed to call him corrupt.

But breaching the Constitution? Foolish but bold move....
Foolishness plus boldness is a very deadly combination. If nothing is done about this act, it means buhari has absolute powers in this Nigerian territory which is dangerous to Nigerians. Buhari can be foolish enough to cause a civil war and be bold enough to wipe out the entire South.

I'm surprised that Nigerians have not taken to the streets to show their anger and disgust.

Which way Southern Nigeria?

grin cool
We won't go to the street because we are gullible people.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by dochenaj: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
Binikingdowm:
The fg just played into obj hands
How? I'll really love to know.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by mildflame: 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Law is not about sentiment. If you know it, you know it.
Even Onnonghe they are defending knows the truth about power of CCT as I did stated in my interview today., here is the verdict of the former CJN in 2013 l. You can't be more Catholic than the Pope.
Walter Onnegen in 2013, he said:
“If I may repeat, the Code of Conduct Tribunal has been established with the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with all violations contravening any of the provisions of the Code as per paragraph 15(1). This provision has expressly ousted the powers of ordinary regular courts in respect of such violations.
“The Tribunal to the exclusion of other courts is also empowered to impose any punishments as specified under sub-paragraphs (2) (a), (b) & (c) of paragraph 18 as provided in sub-paragraphs 3 and 4 of paragraph 18 while appeals shall lie as of right from such decisions to the Court of Appeal.
“Simply put, to tackle any violation of the Code starts before the Code of Conduct Bureau Tribunal to the Court below on appeal and on a further appeal therefrom to this Court.
~ Justice Walter Onnoghen, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Didi2d(m): 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
Binikingdowm:

How? Please enlighten me
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by oyichi: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
AllenSpencer:
Why is CNN peddling lies!

There is no Chaos in Nigeria as we speak. The president only suspended a thief who happens to be the former Chief Judge of the Federation.

Even as at this morning, more undisclosed money stashed in other banks have been discovered and the president has done what is right.

The thief we once called the Chief Justice had even already admitted the allegation, so I don't see any chaos in Nigeria.

It's just some bunch of flat headed losers that are wailing and chest beating
stop being foolish, buhari is wrong am expecting him to rescind his decision this week
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Tareq1105: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
highcollide:
It is suspicious of Onnoghen, a chief justice to feign ignorance of the law. I mean, 55 houses and millions of dollars undeclared? I am pushed to call him corrupt.

Foolishness plus boldness is a very deadly combination. If nothing is done about this act, it means buhari has absolute powers in this Nigerian territory which is dangerous to Nigerians. Buhari can be foolish enough to cause a civil war and be bold enough to wipe out the entire South.

I'm surprised that Nigerians have not taken to the streets to show their anger and disgust.

You lead, I will join you guys later.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Tareq1105: 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
mildflame:
Law is not about sentiment. If you know it, you know it.
Even Onnonghe they are defending knows the truth about power of CCT as I did stated in my interview today., here is the verdict of the former CJN in 2013 l. You can't be more Catholic than the Pope.
Walter Onnegen in 2013, he said:
“If I may repeat, the Code of Conduct Tribunal has been established with the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with all violations contravening any of the provisions of the Code as per paragraph 15(1). This provision has expressly ousted the powers of ordinary regular courts in respect of such violations.
“The Tribunal to the exclusion of other courts is also empowered to impose any punishments as specified under sub-paragraphs (2) (a), (b) & (c) of paragraph 18 as provided in sub-paragraphs 3 and 4 of paragraph 18 while appeals shall lie as of right from such decisions to the Court of Appeal.
“Simply put, to tackle any violation of the Code starts before the Code of Conduct Bureau Tribunal to the Court below on appeal and on a further appeal therefrom to this Court.
~ Justice Walter Onnoghen, 2013

And some flat headed people are posting rubbish.

With the above, Onnoghen has convicted himself.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by lexxwiz(m): 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
KenOne:
Wailing is too much. If PDP likes let them bring articles from Al Jazeera, CNN, BBC, Sky News, SABC, Radio Biafra, Washington Post, New York Times, it will not bring or make Onnoghen come back he's now news.

That is how country and society works in every decision of government people will make noise, shout at the end every every will come to terms with it and accept it.

A whole elected governor of Anambra state Chris Ngige was adopted by a federal government of OBJ heaven didn't fall.

Ayo Salami, and Lamido Sanusi was sacked by GEJ heaven didn't fall.

OBJ slaughtered a whole community Odi in Bayelsa heaven didn't fall.

OBJ slaughtered people again in Zaki Ibiam Benue state heaven didn't fall.

What makes PDP think that heaven will fall for the sack of Onnoghen by PMB for failing to declare his assets and corruption when majority of Nigerians are with PMB on this.

Just wait in the next few days the whole thing will graduate from CCT to EFCC when (NFIU) Nigeria Fraud Intelligence Unit finishes it's own investigation and hand over to EFCC then PDP will know that Onnoghen is in deep mess.

Pls who are the majority? Dude SHUT UP. Go play with shit.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by tunize(m): 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nigerian are very sentimental in decision making shall?
i remembered when finance minister used a fake nysc certificate, she was backlashed by this so called Nigerians up and down..how on earth is it possible for a CJN to just sit and forget declaring is asset of about 55 houses, some huge amount of money e.t.c. that is high level of corruption not witch hunting.
This country jst need very strong restructuring and good institution in place for things to work out right. politics outside for ones is it proper?
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
netpro:
Only Atiku, Wike and everyone that paid money to the former CJN that are in confusion.

Nigerians are united on defeating the corruption that wants to return to power.

It is Buhari all the way.
Speak for yourself not the entire country
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2019
Binikingdowm:
How?
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by AllenSpencer: 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
oyichi:
stop being foolish, buhari is wrong am expecting him to rescind his decision this week

Buhari!

Rescind!

If you a football fan, am sure you still believing Arsenal can win the EPL.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:
Fake news It’s never too late....
To tell you....
you’re going to Hell.
shut up your mouth
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
Karma is a furcking biatch!!! 2014/2015 Scenario playing out all over again!
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by jdi1: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
For an array of accounting services for your small business, get in touch with an experienced, ACCA cum ICAN certified and IFRS-compliant chartered accountant and a certified Sage Business Cloud Accounting Adviser.

*Audited Financial Statements Preparation from incomplete records (For filing of CAC annual returns and FIRS annual tax returns)
*Outsourced-Freelance accounting services
*Implementation of cloud-based accounting software
*Book-keeping and bank reconciliation services
*Tax and Payroll Management
*Pre-audit assistance
*Budgeting and Forecasting
*Original and specially designed Business plans
*Other accounting-related services

https://accountant.ng/contact/
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Felixv: 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Something just told me that Buhari wasn't aware of what he has done and the magnitude.

The cabal are just using him as tool to carry out this sh¡t.

Buhari hardly remembers and recognizes things shown to him

no you got it wrong ---they knew the CJ was very corrupt, they were just waiting for a (the) petition to come and the act swiftly.........a decisive blow to the corrupt minded.

just like a tiger you need to strike at the unexpected time -fast and furious.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by WOLEMENTO(m): 3:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
netpro:
Only Atiku, Wike and everyone that paid money to the former CJN that are in confusion.

i pity ur destiny
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by hundredrivas(m): 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
This is a rape on democracy.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by john633(m): 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
what do u expect from an ignorant leader

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by mildflame: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
WOLEMENTO:
i pity ur destiny
Pity yaSELF, his destiny is on track while yours is simply IRREDEEMABLE
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by CrestMan: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
netpro:

I didn't pay money to the authentic CJN likewise millions of people against this tyrannical move for the tyrant.
Meanwhile, you sound so pained. Please kindly take this issue easy o wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Jowonloju(m): 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Binikingdowm:

Buhari was smarter, they are sad when CJN who has admitted wrong doing is suspended. But they are not sad to have a CJN not declaring money that he can not explain how he earned. Who are the people crying? the rich, let them cry.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Sunshyne200(m): 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
highcollide:

Media trial, let the FG prove all these things, they have being saying same about politicians since and haven't convicted anyone.

Don't let anyone deceive you just yet...
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by stealthtiger(m): 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Obasanjo should carry out his international job. We need him more than ever now.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by objobj: 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Something just told me that Buhari wasn't aware of what he has done and the magnitude.

The cabal are just using him as tool to carry out this sh¡t.

Buhari hardly remembers and recognizes things shown to him
Go sit down . Nothing de happen. Cjn gone for good. Corrupt cjn. Imagine how many people suffered as a result of judicial corruption.
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by CrestMan: 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Binikingdowm:

You're very right. OBJ called on the Int'l Community last week Sunday and less than a week, Buhari 'dumbly' gave credence to the allegations hence the Int'l Community is speaking loud tongue
Re: Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN by Moneyboyz: 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:
Fake news
It’s never too late....

To tell you....

you’re going to Hell.

Are you okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Replaces Controversial RUGA With New Scheme, Begins Camps In Six States / Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions / Adeleke Forged Certificates, Oyetola Tells Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.