Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

'I Will Run For World Bank President If Nominated' - Nigeria's Okonjo-iweala - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 'I Will Run For World Bank President If Nominated' - Nigeria's Okonjo-iweala (276 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala:train THE GIRL CHILD!!! | / Dr. Okonjo Iweala Paid And Still Paying Her Dues / Kiki Mordi Nominated For Future Awards For Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'I Will Run For World Bank President If Nominated' - Nigeria's Okonjo-iweala by Paulline: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
Former Finance Minister of Nigeria, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has revealed she will be ready to take on the presidency of the World Bank if she is nominated for the work.

Okonjo-Iweala was a two-time Finance Minister in the West African nation and she is eying the position after current President Jim Yong Kim’s resignation, three years ahead of time.

Speaking on the sideline of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos Okonjo-Iweala said she would run but only under the right conditions.

“I know that because I contested the last time in 2012… Many people were asking that question,” she told CNN.

“It is a shareholders’ decision and they have to decide how they want it. Someone has to nominate.

“If the right person were to nominate, and if the circumstances are right and people feel I can do the job, yes!”

On if she had declared her candidacy, she said: “No, I have not declared my candidacy, you asked a hypothetical question and I answered it fairly.

“I’m very happy right now, and I just want you to know that I’m enjoying life for a change for a portfolio of what I like.”

For more news, information and updates follow us on:
https://drifternews..it/?m=1

1 Like

Re: 'I Will Run For World Bank President If Nominated' - Nigeria's Okonjo-iweala by Fuckuignos(f): 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
#ATIKUWILLNEVERRULENIGERIA we will never let these thieves take sour country we have to be aggressive it’s obvious some people love nigeria but they are stupid and impatient enough to want to go back to PDP era or even consider atiku as president

(1) (Reply)

Data Science, Business And Data Analytics Training / Unveiling A New Name: From Ronishratis To Ara News Trend / Jobs, Scholarships And CV Writing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.