Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body (3316 Views)

You Will Never Throw Pineapple Peels Again After Reading This / COVID-19: FG Recommends Use Of Face-Masks. Says New Labs Underutilized / I Swallowed Nylon While Eating Pineapple. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
Pineapple is a tropical fruit that is known for its sour, sweet and delicious taste. It is loaded with nutrients, vitamins and minerals which boost the immune system and wade off infections. These nutrients are not limited to its pulp, as the peel is also host to nutrients, vitamins and minerals. People often overlook and throw away pineapple peel because they see it has waste that has no benefits due to inadequate information about  pineapple peels and how it could be of great benefit to the health. I have been taking this tea for years and I can attest to how good it is to the body. I learnt about pineapple peel drinks from my Mother and we sometimes add the tea to our Zobo drinks. After reading this write up, I hope you stop throwing away your pineapple peels, tap into its awesomeness and get nutrients, vitamins and minerals it has to offer by making tea from its peel.

The amazing benefits of pineapple peel
1) It contains antiinflammatory agents that helps in the treatment of arthritis
2) It has anticancer properties
3) It helps to clean the liver and remove toxin from the blood
4)It helps in weight loss
5) It controls blood pressure
6) It has antioxidant properties due to the presence of vitamin C. Therefore, it fights and nullifies effect of free radicals in the body.
7)It aids digestion
cool It boosts the immune system to fight against diseases. It prevents colds, flues, infections, fevers, and headaches
9) It prevents cardiovascular disease
10) It treats intestinal worms
11) It promotes healthy skin
12) Prevents hair loss
13) It increases libido
14) It reduces acne and pimples
15) It improves vision
16) It promotes healthy bones
17) Improves Gum Health
18) Reduces Cholesterol Levels.

Simple directions on how to make pineapple peel tea;
1) Wash the pineapple thoroughly to remove dirt and pesticide residue
2) Cut it into pieces and put to boil in boiling water for 5mins on low heat
3) Remove heat and allow the peel to simmer in the water for 25 minutes
4) Remove peel and serve.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body by oluwatosink: 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nice one smiley cool
Re: Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body by sinaj(f): 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
I add the peel to my zobo too

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body by hisgrace090: 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ignorance denying us so many benefits.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body by ademijuwonlo(f): 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
sinaj:
I add the peel to my zobo too
Aside from the nutrients one benefits, It also adds unique flavour to the Zobo drinks.
Re: Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body by ademijuwonlo(f): 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
hisgrace090:

Ignorance is truly a disease.
Re: Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body by ademijuwonlo(f): 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
hisgrace090:

It has no side effects but people don't have knowledge about it or just don't care.
Re: Benefits Of Underutilized Pineapple Peels To The Body by sinaj(f): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
ademijuwonlo:

Aside from the nutrients one benefits, It also adds unique flavour to the Zobo drinks.
yea! True.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

First Surrogate In-vitro Fertilization (ivf) Baby In South East Nigeria / Man Went Behind Abortion Clinic Dumpster Took The Aborted Babies, Wash Them And / COVID-19 Update For December 29 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.