Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. (387 Views)

NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living / Labour Party Is Based On Ethnicity And Religion – Kwankwaso (Video) / My Cabinet Will Be Based On Merit And National Spread- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. by Bobinovic: 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
The recent suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria by president Buhari has caused major uproars throughout the country and has also caught the attention of the international community with the European Union, the United Kingdom and the United states all weighing in on this national crisis.
The timing of the suspension of the CJN which is barely three weeks to the presidential elections has been deemed suspicious by many while others have been contemplating on the legality behind the CJN's suspension.
My concerns, however, is on the recommendation of the suspension of the CJN from the CCT to the presidency. This action was spear-headed by the chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal Mr Danladi Umar.
Mr Danladi Umar was early last year accused of bribery and the EFCC filed a two-count charge against him. The CCT director, Joseph Otteh said in a statement that it was no longer tenable for him(Danladi Umar) to continue as the chairman of the CCT.
Today, the same person has requested for the suspension of the CJN.
"He who comes into equity must come with clean hands"
This is an eye opener for those crying that this issue on ground is about justice for it is far from it.
Read more on Danladi's case:
https://m.guardian.ng/news/group-calls-for-suspension-of-cct-chairman-over-corruption-charges/

1 Like

Re: CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
Most people won't see the hand been dealt by this government untill its too late.
Baba God pls give me the funds to run away from this country.
Re: CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. by RealityShot: 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!

you have been saying Buhari is NOT fighting corruption.

now he actually punished ONE corrupt person (CJN); WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?

PERSECUTING HIM, REALLY?

VOTE BUHARI for continuity

1 Like

Re: CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. by Bobinovic: 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
RealityShot:
CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!

you have been saying Buhari is NOT fighting corruption.

now he actually punished ONE corrupt person (CJN);
WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?

PERSECUTING HIM, REALLY?

VOTE BUHARI for continuity
i'm not against fighting corruption but when this administration has overlooked so many cases of corrupt official such as Gov Ganduje or the CCT chairman in my post and then decides to prosecutes the CJN based on partisanship or ethnic group, that in it's self is corruption.

1 Like

Re: CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. by reuben79: 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Yes its through. Buhari hv evil plann

1 Like

Re: CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. by reuben79: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
Bobinovic:

i'm not against fighting corruption but when this administration has overlooked so many cases of corrupt official such as Gov Ganduje or the CCT chairman in my post and then decides to prosecutes the CJN based on partisanship or ethnic group, that in it's self is corruption.
u knw formal cjn is nt an hausa ,Fulani man or Muslim man
Re: CJN's Trial:Justice Shouldn't Be Based On Ethnicity. by Bobinovic: 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
reuben79:
u knw formal cjn is nt an hausa ,Fulani man or Muslim man
Bro the previous Chief justice of Nigeria was Mahmud mohammed and before him was justice Aloma mariam Mukhtar . Justice walter onnoghen was nominated by Vp yemi osinbanjo while acting as president in 2017. well how convenient is it that this administration has seen the end of two CJs? Only for Tanko to arise weeks b4 presidential elections.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Leads APC Campaign Rally In Ubiaja, Assures Electorates Of Enduring In.. / Who Sponsors The Herdsmen Killers? Here's A Clue / Ekiti Accident Victims, Families Get Osinbajo’s N5million Assistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.