Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs (44471 Views)

President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police / Uncertainty As IGP Adamu Retires On Monday / Battle Over IGP: Disquiet In Police As Adamu Retires On February 1, 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by obaataaokpaewu: 9:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
madridguy:
Subject: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All DIGS

Content: Adamu retired 7 and leave 5

Nigeria media will set Nigeria on fire if issue of headline is not address.
7 DIGs were retired, the remaining are 8 AIGs
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by simplyOJ(m): 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=paddyofboss post=75174649]It's a normal thing. Your seniors cannot be saluting you[/quote
Thank you! People just like been emotional with their comments.
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by trexzee: 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Baselm:
I don't see any SE or SS name on this list, but they will claim they should be the IGP. that Implies that even if PmB had picked form the DIGs, there is zero chance of a SE man being chosen. so what's all the baseless noise about after all?
Emmanuel inyang is south south, presumably akwa ibom state
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by koyeni(m): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ok
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
Corrinthians:
Is there really anything better you can do with your life than "observe me"?

Aren't you a jhew? grin
Is Omenka / omenkalives still hiding behind Nnamdi Kanu's house in Umuahia ? grin grin

cc PointZerom Lzaa velocity25

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by CaptainFM1: 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Ogbeni, go back and read the contents well. It is acceptable in police to resign your seniors if you are the head of the institution.

Acceptability...huh! does that makes it right. It boils than to normalisation of abnormality I'm talking about. Sometimes, we need to clear our head and think rationally to get things done properly.

So, if a brilliant, prospective and very young officer who could potentially be IG in 5 or 10years time is retired because someone has taken up the IG's position, why then should he aspire to the top echelon to start with?

If there are already senior officers, would it not be sufficient to make one of them the IG? Or at best the IG work collaboratively with them. One thing you should know is that the fact that something is a norm does not necessarily makes it right. "We were once killing twins in this country, until Mary Slessor intervened".
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by vexing(m): 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
ct2:
Oya pdp suspend your campaign for a week in solidarity with the retired DIGS

As it pain u wailers the thing sweet us ooooooooooo

this baba just de give his enemies sleepless night

dubai strategy don cast
Lazy mumu youth
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by Corrinthians(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
immhotep:

Is Omenka / omenkalives still hiding behind Nnamdi Kanu's house in Umuahia ? grin grin

cc PointZerom Lzaa velocity25
Yes. I am Omenka, and you are Theodore Orji's foster child. grin grin

Cc: All Pigs and Idiots. cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by AlhajiYoung: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
The rank system in the police technically ends at AIG cadre. The DIG and the AIG are all political appointments. We have 6 geo political l zones in Nigeria. Each zone has one DIG and the 7th DIG slot goes to the most senior AIG.

DIG Emmanuel Inyang SS
DIG Agboola Oshodi-Glover SW
DIG Peace Ibekwe SE
DIG Sani Mohammed NE
DIG Maigari Dikko NW
DIG Habila Joshak NC
DIG Mohd Kastina NE. who is the most senior AIG

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by LZAA: 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
Corrinthians:
Yes. I am Omenka, and you are Theodore Orji's foster child. grin grin

Cc: All Pigs and Idiots. cheesy
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by Baselm: 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
trexzee:
Emmanuel inyang is south south, presumably akwa ibom state
ure right but no SE, I'm not trying to raise emotions, just making a point
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by akinsmyk(m): 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
ct2:
Oya pdp suspend your campaign for a week in solidarity with the retired DIGS

As it pain u wailers the thing sweet us ooooooooooo

this baba just de give his enemies sleepless night

dubai strategy don cast

Has it gotten to this that our people no longer have sense? Are you really celebrating this? Are you a Nigerian or Buharian or of the APC republic? See how you just typed... SMH for you.

Let's leave politics and opposition asides. People are doing something wrong and you think it's fine coz they're from your party. Reason like a Nigerian and a sensible citizen. I belong to no party, but this from you is really absurd. Must the country be destroyed to prove a point that you guys are in power?

It's just too bad and I am so disappointed tonight
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by trexzee: 10:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Baselm:

Okay
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by Aisha85: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Anambralstson:
Inspector-General Muhammed Adamu has retired seven deputy inspectors-general of police who were his seniors, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt from police sources.
The affected officers are Maigari Dikko, the DIG in charge of finance and administration and Habila Joshak, the DIG in charge of operations.
The remaining five DIGs are Emmanuel Inyang, information and communications technology; Agboola Oshodi-Glover, logistics and supply; Mohammed Katsina, research and planning; Sani Mohammed, training and development; and Peace Ibekwe-Abdallah, federal criminal investigation and intelligence.
Their retirement came Sunday evening, and it would be announced formally later, it was learnt. Police spokesperson, Frank Mba’s telephone was switched off at the time of this report.
The seven officers were amongst 15 senior officers PREMIUM TIMES reported were likely to be retired on January 17.
The seven DIGs and eight assistant inspectors-general were identified as having joined the police before Mr Adamu, who was appointed on January 15 after the former IG Ibrahim Idris was retired as he attained 60 years.
Okowa Campaign AD
The seven police chiefs’ departure was in furtherance of the convention that recommends the retirement of senior police chiefs when an officer junior to them in service or lower in rank is appointed to lead the institution.
When Mr Idris was appointed IG in 2016, more than 20 DIGs and AIGs were compelled to retire from service to enable him constitute his management team.
Mr Adamu has now followed the tradition, which has been criticised as wasteful and demoralising because of huge resources the nation had spent on the vast knowledge the senior officers had acquired of the years
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/308287-breaking-igp-adamu-retires-all-digs-sources.html
Lalasticlala
If this is true then ds man is over doing it.
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by stagger: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Moderator,

The correct sentence should read "are senior to him" and not "senior him".

Before you come out with that "English is not my language" excuse, I speak three Nigerian languages myself. So correct that sentence please.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by mechanics(m): 10:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nice one, it will create room for promotion of the officers.
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 11:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
That is the right thing to do ,but I wonder if buhari did not see all these DIGs before appointing adamu..

Meanwhile, ladies and Gentlemen if you want your hair and beard to grow to an enviable hight, check my signature.. You will see a positive result after two-three weeks of application..A trial will convince you!
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by DECENCY3: 11:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
Baselm:

SE is there; PEACE IBEKWE-ABDALLAH I guess she is married to a Northern man. She was the most senior but they said Nigeria is not ripe enough for a female IG.

this is a norm in the system but to me it's waste of resources and shortening someone's career.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:27am On Jan 28, 2019
CaptainFM1:

Acceptability...huh! does that makes it right. It boils than to normalisation of abnormality I'm talking about. Sometimes, we need to clear our head and think rationally to get things done properly.

So, if a brilliant, prospective and very young officer who could potentially be IG in 5 or 10years time is retired because someone has taken up the IG's position, why then should he aspire to the top echelon to start with?

If there are already senior officers, would it not be sufficient to make one of them the IG? Or at best the IG work collaboratively with them. One thing you should know is that the fact that something is a norm does not necessarily makes it right. "We were once killing twins in this country, until Mary Slessor intervened".
Every institutions has their own rules and regulations. The DIGs aren't complaining. All the past IGs have done it before. Respect their rules and regulations.

Lastly, to the bolded, next time just say that "Calabar people do kill their twins until Mary Slessor intervened" in southwest twins are like gods, we don't kill ywins in Southwest.
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by CaptainFM1: 7:39am On Jan 28, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Every institutions has their own rules and regulations. The DIGs aren't complaining. All the past IGs have done it before. Respect their rules and regulations.

Lastly, to the bolded, next time just say that "Calabar people do kill their twins until Mary Slessor intervened" in southwest twins are like gods, we don't kill ywins in Southwest.

Well, Calabarians are Nigerians!
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by Baselm: 8:10am On Jan 28, 2019
DECENCY3:

SE is there; PEACE IBEKWE-ABDALLAH I guess she is married to a Northern man. She was the most senior but they said Nigeria is not ripe enough for a female IG.

this is a norm in the system but to me it's waste of resources and shortening someone's career.

even the new acting IG will retire in 2021,that means most of these DIGs are already at retirement age or almost at retirement age. it wouldn't make sense to be changing IGs every 6 months,there has to be some stability.

I don't think its a waste of resources, its about stability.
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by awuf2008: 11:39am On Jan 28, 2019
Most of those retired would probably come from southern part of the country.
Re: BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs by Oluwajuwon09063: 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2020
XTHRONE:
What shall we call these, u can as well disband SARS, those guys are criminals in disguise
Your wish as be granted sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Ekweremadu Bought 2 BMWs & Got A London Flat For His Mistress"- SaharaReporters / Amputee Hawker Apologizes To Nigerians For Lying; Accuses Her Grandma For ...... / After Visiting Kwara State, Peter Obi Lands In Ogbomosho, Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.