Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers (8772 Views)

Customs Paraded 2016 Seized Rice Containers As 2019 Seizures - ThisDay / Ezekwesili Reacts As INEC Names Buhari’s Niece Official To Announce Presidential / INEC Names Stanley Amuchie As APGA Imo Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by ELVISHOT: 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Sunday announced the names of 144 observers that will monitor the 2019 general elections.

INEC, however, threatened to cancel and withdraw the accreditation of any organisation if its members or agents breach the code of conduct.
The Commission in a notice on its website warned that any unaccredited group found in any state for the elections shall be handed over to law enforcement agencies.

INEC also said that accredited field observers found in states other than where they were posted would be sanctioned.

According to the Commission, the list includes 116 local observers and 28 foreign observers.

The notice reads: “INEC is pleased to announce the successful applicants to observe the 2019 general elections holding on February 16, 2019 and March 2, 2019. “All accredited observers shall abide by the code of conduct for election observers, which is available for download from the INEC website.

Source:

https://thenaijafame..com/2019/01/nec-names-116-domestic-groups-28.html?m=1

You can download the Full ListHERE

1 Like

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by Rednaxelot: 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hope Nairaland Election Monitoring Spirit (NEMS) is on the list accredited by INEC!

7 Likes

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by khingTony(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
INEC doing their best to make sure this election is free, Fair and credible

Meanwhile, Buhari is doing his best to rig it

7 Likes

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by ekiyorA(m): 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
Almost all the election observers are sympathetic to the ruling party or the opposition. Only few are apolitical.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Buhaghari buhari....if u know you know
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by DLondonboiy: 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
How Buhari want take rig this election? INEC too sweet abeg..PDP too large abeg..
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by ClearFlair: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
xamuel17:

Can you give me a reason why ur supporting buhari?

Corruption is Nigeria’s number one problem. It’s either we eliminate corruption fast or it will totally consume our nation. Buhari is the only leader who has shown any interest in fighting corruption. People say his anti-corruption war is one-sided but for me, even if it one-sided it is progress.

People say things are hard but do not realize things are hard because of the mismanagement and corruption in the previous administrations. A country cannot lose so much money and expect everything to be normal a few years after. If you now factor-in the fact that the price of oil has dropped and Nigeria’s major source of revenue is oil, you’ll see why we seem to be going through a dark patch. But if you look at figures now you will see things are gradually improving so why would I want a change of government when things are now beginning to gradually lookup.

About the herdsmen issue, I have never seen a herdsman carrying a gun. There have been several attacks by cattle rustlers in places like Zamfara and Sokoto. When it happens in Zamfara they call them bandits but when it happens in Benue or Plateau they politicize it and call them Fulani herdsmen. Who do you think politicizes these things? Of course it’s the opposition party. And the truth is these attacks have been happening before Buhari came into power but media coverage wasn’t as much and it was not politicized. A party that loots and also politicizes the deaths of innocent citizens for political gain is both desperate and deadly and is not fit to govern.

Nigerians have been complaining about recycled politicians. I can categorically tell you that another four years for Buhari is the quickest way to welcome a new breed of politicians. Imagine if Atiku came in, after looting the treasury dry for 8 years he will now hand over to people like Saraki, Dino, Fayose, Wike etc. How will you wrestle power from such greedy people and how will Nigeria survive that?

I have been privileged to examine plans of technocrats in the Buhari administration and I can tell you that PDP cannot match such plans, they just don’t have the intellectual capacity to conceive and deliver such projects. The Next Level mantra is no joke. I have seen the master plan and I am convinced that another 4 years under Buhari will set Nigeria on the path to greatness. God bless Nigeria!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by chrisxxx(m): 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
This one there are a lot of restrictions. Hope it is not programmed postings?

1 Like

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by tizteezy(m): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
yawns...
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by puyol005(m): 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hope the majors of the domestic groups are not favored northerners again... cos I don't support all the red cards agenda of the current govt.
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by terryflexy: 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
Only 28 foreign bodies to monitor election for Nigeria
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by Taiwo20(m): 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
In the event of a tie based on the requirement for declaration of the winner i.e the 25% of two third states bla bla bla...When will a rerun statutorily hold...

Anyone with the answer should kindly help out and if possible with the relevant section of the electoral law.
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nobody can be this naive!!!
When the head of an anti corruption body wears the lapels of the ruling party, u cannot but laugh, when the Chairman of APC says on video that once you join their party ur sins are forgiven,

Forget the lies about oil, Nigeria has borrowed more money than if oil was selling for $150, infrastructure to expedition doesn't match.

About herdsmen, they already advised u to leave your land but they had to backtrack since election was a year away, if these foools win the next election una go hear am. We all saw the video of protesters being shut with machine gunshop and weapons of war, you lots all blamed the protesters so as not to blemish buhari

Make una continue, Igbos have been killed, shites, the Yoruba's can expect to be next, except of course they have nothing to complain about

ClearFlair:

Corruption is Nigeria’s number one problem. It’s either we eliminate corruption fast or it will totally consume our nation. Buhari is the only leader who has shown any interest in fighting corruption. People say his anti-corruption war is one-sided but for me, even if it one-sided it is progress.

People say things are hard but do not realize things are hard because of the mismanagement and corruption in the previous administrations. A country cannot lose so much money and expect everything to be normal a few years after. If you now factor-in the fact that the price of oil has dropped and Nigeria’s major source of revenue is oil, you’ll see why we seem to be going through a dark patch. But if you look at figures now you will see things are gradually improving so why would I want a change of government when things are now beginning to gradually lookup.

About the herdsmen issue, I have never seen a herdsman carrying a gun. There have been several attacks by cattle rustlers in places like Zamfara and Sokoto. When it happens in Zamfara they call them bandits but when it happens in Benue or Plateau they politicize it and call them Fulani herdsmen. Who do you think politicizes these things? Of course it’s the opposition party. And the truth is these attacks have been happening before Buhari came into power but media coverage wasn’t as much and it was not politicized. A party that loots and also politicizes the deaths of innocent citizens for political gain is both desperate and deadly and is not

1 Like

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by DextrousDavid(m): 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
Thumbs up INEC
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by BuhariAdvocate: 10:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
Now everything have set.atiku should look for brown handkerchief he will use to wipe his tears.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
I pray things works right this time..

Meanwhile, ladies and Gentlemen if you want your hair and beard to grow to an enviable hight, check my signature.. You will see a positive result after two-three weeks of application..A trial will convince you!
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by Enemyofpeace: 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Our so called moderators wey dey always ban me no even dey inside. It serves them right
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by Enemyofpeace: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Now everything have set.atiku should look for brown handkerchief he will use to wipe his tears.
Keep speaking English upandan with your First Class, do you know someone without WAEC just fired a Chief Justice? �
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by BuhariAdvocate: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
Keep speaking English upandan with your First Class, do you know someone without WAEC just fired a Chief Justice? �
do you know former prime minister of Nigeria only got grade ll when he became prime minister of Nigeria?then we have some well educated Nigerians. Jonathan with PhD failed woefully. Buhari that lived his life in barracks perform tremendously .education don't determine leadership skills.

1 Like

Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by Enemyofpeace: 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
do you know former prime minister of Nigeria only got grade ll when he became prime minister of Nigeria?then we have some well educated Nigerians. Jonathan with PhD failed woefully. Buhari that lived his life in barracks perform tremendously .education don't determine leadership skills.
OK

Valentine's day is meant for slim people, fatymore, ajepako and other fat people should wait for new Yam festival
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by krepstone72: 7:43am On Jan 28, 2019
CHRISDMANAGER:
I pray things works right this time..

Meanwhile, ladies and Gentlemen if you want your hair and beard to grow to an enviable hight, check my signature.. You will see a positive result after two-three weeks of application..A trial will convince you!

Any solution to make your beard stop growing?
Re: INEC Names 116 Domestic Groups, 28 Foreign Bodies As 2019 Election Observers by yetundeflexxy: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2019
peaceful elections we pray

(1) (Reply)

Guess! Which Governor Is Building This Houses? Photos / How Britain Conquered And Created Nigeria / Federal Government Paid December Salary On Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.