Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? (782 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / Man With A Sick Baby Strips Unclad In Lagos, Over Non-Payment Of His Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? by freeman67: 9:34am On Jan 28, 2019
Good Morning House,

Please lots of discussion has come up around me about an employee leaving his or her salary in the salary account for as long as he or she want (eg for 3 years) without withdrawing a dime from it just for the sake of it.

Some say so long as you can defend your other source of income and it is not against your work rules and regulations you are fine.

Others especially the civil servant are saying that it is expected for you to be spending out of your Salary as the rules does not permit you to engage in business.

What is the lawful position please?
Re: Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? by freeman67: 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Quote me on a dead thread on who to mail or call at Stanbic IBTC Bank head office.

Let me have the contact here please...
Re: Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2021
freeman67:

Let me have the contact here please...

Do you have a Stanbic IBTC Bank account?

Do you have the name, email and phone number of your Relationship manager at Stanbic IBTC?

All these are very important.

Introduce yourself, your branch, account number and reason for the mail.
Re: Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? by freeman67: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have a Stanbic IBTC Bank account?

Do you have the name, email and phone number of your Relationship manager at Stanbic IBTC?

All these are very important.

Introduce yourself, your branch, account number and reason for the mail.

Good morning and thanks for your prompt reply Oga Emma,

Yes I have a Stanbic IBTC account.

Yes the name of my account officer is always displayed in mobile app or internet bank page. His email is there too but the phone no there is always their general Customer Care number. But they will always be a way around that.

Okay, will contact him.

I sincerely appreciate this.
Re: Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:39pm On May 20, 2022
freeman67:

Good morning and thanks for your prompt reply Oga Emma,

Yes I have a Stanbic IBTC account.

Yes the name of my account officer is always displayed in mobile app or internet bank page. His email is there too but the phone no there is always their general Customer Care number. But they will always be a way around that.

Okay, will contact him.

I sincerely appreciate this.

Good day,. Kindly edit your comment by deleting name, email address and phone number.

Scammers have being calling her
Re: Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? by freeman67: 4:02pm On May 20, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Good day,. Kindly edit your comment by deleting Tomisin's name, email address and phone number.

Scammers have being calling her

Oh.. sorry about that Oga Emma. I did not even remember I quoted it. I have deleted. My apologies to her pls.

Thank you
Re: Is It Legally Wrong For An Employee To Let His Salary Lie In His Or Her Account? by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:23pm On May 20, 2022
freeman67:

Oh.. sorry about that Oga Emma. I did not even remember I quoted it. I have deleted. My apologies to her pls.

Thank you

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Recruitment Past Questions And Answers / From Domestic Staff To Nigeria First Train Driver, Meet Isa Fatima Abiola, / Switching To A Competitor: Your Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.