Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,026 members, 7,849,142 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:09 PM

I Got An Invitation From Prime People: - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got An Invitation From Prime People: (971 Views)

I Got An Amazing Job / Invitation From M-P Infrastructure onikan. who knows this firm? / An Invitation From New Age Resource For Test N Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got An Invitation From Prime People: by ucheking(m): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2007
has any one had from prime people? I just got an invitation from primepeople for there next stage. this stage has to do with face to face discussion and a test, Who has an idea of what to expect on the discussion/test
Re: I Got An Invitation From Prime People: by obanikoro2(m): 11:53am On Apr 23, 2007
Hi Ucheking. I'm quoting all wat Lush wrote in another thread. I hope it will be helpful to u and hope Lush doesnt mind me doing this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test isn't difficult, i scored roughly 75% without using a calculator. There's also enough time at your disposal to finish the questions which are a mixture of English, Math & logical questions. The first interview (which is actually a chat to determine the kind of job you're looking for, how much you're willing to earn, your career goals, etc. The session is also for the verification of your credentials, just to make sure you have the original documents of all the details on your CV. They have impressive clients so i suggest you go for the jugular without being too greedy

Hi peeps, there really isnt a dress code, I went there dressed in smart casual, thats like a shirt (i folded my sleeves because i couldnt be bothered) and trousers with comfortable shoes (not sneakers o!). They are not going to assess you based on how well you're dressed but when they call you for an interview for a specific position in the future, i advise you dress to kill

Regarding the calculator, i didnt go with one because i think i forgot to bring one but i can't seem to remember if its allowed or not. But just to be on the safe side, you can take calculators, worst case scenario, they'll ask you to put them away.

Quoting 120k a month isnt asking too much because at this stage, they just want an idea of the lowest you're willing to go. I asked for 150k, i was offered double that figure in the end by their client. If you take a look at their clients, 120k is actually pocket money to them but i think you should give an aura of being more interested in the job than the money but it doesnt mean you should quote peanuts o!

Feel free to post more questions and i'll do my best to reply as soon as i can, definitely on the same day since i'm online 24/7. Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didnt get my job through their recruitment job fair (funny thing is, they still sent me an invite for the fair) but you guys are having it lucky because you know that once you get invited for the fair, you're open to many employers under one roof and you're not limited to being interviewed by just one company on that day.

I had to play the whole waiting game for them to find a client who was looking for my background skills but it only spanned 2 months so i guess that isnt bad. The reason for the test and interview is to make sure you're not "dumb". What i mean is that you can take an easy test (the test is a walk in the park) without failing. Like i mentioned before, the test is not difficult, go there with a calculator to be on the safe side. I scored 75% so i guess you should be aiming for a safe line similar to that score or something.

The interview is for them to get an idea of the kind of job you're looking for, your salary expectations and to verify your credentials. Dress smart, you don't need to put on a suit (kind of unconfortable for a test, don't you think?). Unfortunately, i can't remember the number of questions but let me say it again, they're damn easy questions unless you're a dullard (which i seriously doubt). The time allocated for the test is also adequate, i actually had enough time to revise my work when i finished.

Think i've answered all your questions, drop me a line if you've got more. Cheers mate

Unfortunately i can't tell you the name of the company so boys don't come and tax me but i'll give you a hint. Its a multi-national oil company with there head office based in the UK The pay package is off the hook and i can only give God the praise.

The site is at www.peopleprime.net and it is in no way affiliated with the company at Ojuelegba. People prime only request 500 naira, nothing more nothing less!

Let me take this opportunity to point out a site that deals in showing job vacancies that will interest you, it is at www.ideyfind.com

Goodluck!

@Lord1, kindly scroll upwards for information on what the test is like. I think the logical reasoning test you took was a personality test but its strange that they havent called you back. Although, one thing is BATN can be slow when it comes to recruitment (Dont ask me how i know, i know afam1 will want to tackle this as well). I can't really remember questions in the test verbatim but i know it was a breeze.

@Pauchys, there is a common mix-up when transcripts are requested. We all know transcripts are transferred between schools and not given to an individual but people refer to statement of results as transcripts because they're somewhat similar except for the fact that transcripts are more detailed. In short, your statement of results are adequate so don't fret. Take them along and goodluck people!

@extee, did you check your bulk mail folder? If your email suspects that an email has multiple recepients, it'll treat it as spam and wont put it in the inbox like regular mail. If you still can't find anything, give them a call so they can either resend it or explain the contents of the email to you. Call them on 7911639 or 4960569. Cheers.
[color=#006600][/color]

Uche pls note dat these are diff quotes by her addressing diff questions. She has really been helpful. May God bless her.Hope u are ok my king grin
Re: I Got An Invitation From Prime People: by ucheking(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2007
obinakoro, thanks a million times for your concern and promptness in repling me, I'm dieing. I don't really know what to expect, thank you again. As a political science / administration graduate, how do u think I should start preparing in the area of maths and calculations? since all my stay in the University, no emphases was directed to-wards this areas that i mentioned above?
I would appreciate it, if I can get more guidelines from you in-addition, I want to thank you for your tips and the site addresses you gave to me. i think they are cool.
have a wonderfully day and remain blessed.
Re: I Got An Invitation From Prime People: by obanikoro2(m): 7:53am On Apr 24, 2007
I dont really know wat to expect myself but from wat Lush said, I think its going to be more of logic and quantitative. I'm sure ur field will come into play during the chat, so try and brush up ur political stuff (most especially with wat is happenin in the country now)

Just try and do a little maths as well as English lang but more of logic and quantitative reasoning. I hope I've been helpful

(1) (Reply)

Nlng Update / Federal Govt Is Compilling List Of Unemployed Pple In Niegria! / To All Bankers Already Working.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.