Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

5 Mistakes To Avoid Before Purchasing A Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Mistakes To Avoid Before Purchasing A Land (346 Views)

5 Mistakes Nigerians In Abroad Makes When Buying Properties In Nigeria / Do Proper Search Before Purchasing Land / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Mistakes To Avoid Before Purchasing A Land by babsdeen(m): 11:05am On Jan 28, 2019
Here are the few mistakes that we make when purchasing a land especially when you are so excited and eager about owning your own plot of land. They are not easy to get out from though, it’s time – consuming and it can be very costly and very frustrating.

The truth is there are easier ways to sort out things related to land investment.

Let’s get started;

Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid Before Purchasing A Land by babsdeen(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2019
1. Do your research before purchasing a land

Most people do a lot research before making major purchases, say a car or a television set or even a mobile phone and try to determine the worth of the product before putting in their money. The same diligence, if not more, needs to be shown while investing in a plot of land.

Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid Before Purchasing A Land by babsdeen(m): 11:15am On Jan 28, 2019
2. Know the Property’s (Land) Setbacks

Setbacks are the guidelines that state how close to the border of your property you can build. Your local building department or owner’s association will have the answer to this question, and it may affect where you put your house; on smaller lots, setbacks may even dictate the size of the home’s footprint.

Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid Before Purchasing A Land by babsdeen(m): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2019
3. Try to Picture Your Neighbourhood in 5-10 years

I mean what harm can it do? If you don’t mind me saying, the biggest mistake people make when they buy real estate land is that they often get into a “house fever. Laughs! Just like “Purchasing the latest ride’” Buy house fever, I mean they fall in love with some aspect or location of the property that they forget to ask some of the biggest questions. When buying a land ask questions; for example, “is there any chance a major street could end up adjacent to my property? Be inquisitive.

Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid Before Purchasing A Land by babsdeen(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2019
4. Never underestimate the expenses

Determining the expenses prior to making the purchase is very important. There are various costs of maintenance that come along with the purchase of land not to mention the taxes or bills(survey, documentation & sometimes developmental fee) associated with it. All these expenses must be calculated in detail so that the process of purchase goes smooth.

Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid Before Purchasing A Land by babsdeen(m): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2019
5. Avoid doing everything on your own
Many prospective assume that they know it all, or that they can close the entire deal on their own. A prospect buyer should make the most of every possible resource. Experts will be the one to guide you in the process of purchase, identify if it is a good deal and guide you through the process of understanding the history of the land.

I Comrade Nurudeen Abdulsalam is one Real Estate expert you can always contact me for FREE consultation on understanding the process of land purchase.
Phone Number/Whatsapp: +2347034465109, +2348097391641.
Email: comradenurudeenlands@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Invest In Green Haven Estate Now:plots Of Land For Sale,500% Return In 10 Years / MONUMENTAL TERRACES GBAGADA 2: 4 Bedroom Carcass Duplex @ Gbagada For 30milion / 5bedroom Duplex At Lekki Phase 1(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.