Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP (1125 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign In Zamfara State (More Pictures) / 2023: Video From Atiku Abubakar's Presidential Declaration In Abuja / PDP Blasts Tinubu For Attacking Atiku's State Of The Nation Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by feddis(m): 11:13am On Jan 28, 2019
Yet again, our dear country is passing through a difficult moment. How we react to this challenge in the following days will determine the fate of our democracy, which has been brought to great peril by this needless crisis engineered by a government that is unwilling to subject its conducts to the requirements of our constitution.

Meanwhile, I commend all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria who have expressed outrage over the unlawful removal of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, an action, which constitutes a flagrant breach of our constitution and a frontal assault on our democracy. I want to note the universal condemnation of this unlawful act by all Nigerians, as well as the international community.

I need to state that this latest action by General Muhammadu Buhari falls squarely within the pattern of executive lawlessness that has now been firmly turned into statecraft by the APC government.

The serial disregard of court orders, and consequent violation of constitutionally guaranteed human rights of our citizens confirms beyond all doubt that General Buhari and his government would rather obey their own whims and operate by separate rules outside the well-established constitutional order and the rule of law. It scarcely requires emphasis that this behaviour is alien to democratic rule and more in line with that of a military dictator.

READ Almost Two Million Candidates To Write JAMB- Registrar
Without doubt, the fight against corruption is crucial to good governance and the progress of our country. In this context, the issue of corruption as it relates to the institution of the judiciary is even more crucial. As the last refuge of the common man, our judiciary must not only be above suspicion but must also be seen to be manifestly above board. The issue at stake is not whether the Chief Justice is guilty or not, but whether his removal from office has been done in accordance with the process specified in our constitution.

As a democrat, I must say, without equivocation, that no mission or goal, no matter how noble or well intended, should be used as a pretext for the subversion of our democracy and our democratic institutions. To create a condition that allows the constitution and the rule of law to become secondary to any other agenda is to pave the way for tyranny. History is replete with odious dictators whose path to dictatorship started with statements of good intentions. We must therefore remain vigilant in defense of our democracy.

We are all witnesses to how this government has serially assaulted the National Assembly, a separate arm of government that represents the bastion of our democracy. However, with this attack on the judiciary, General Buhari has set a new precedent in our democracy that has no equivalence in our history, not even in the darkest days of military dictatorship. This cannot be allowed to stand.

READ FLASH| Buhari moving to bribe senators to avoid Impeachment
At this juncture, I must warn the APC government to desist from taking actions that may push us further down the slippery slope towards a major constitutional crisis that could derail the electoral process. General Muhammadu Buhari must remember that he is a beneficiary of a free and fair election. It is therefore a matter of honour for him to allow a political environment and process that gives confidence to everyone.

All my life, I have been a democrat and a defender of democracy. Like all men of good conscience and patriots, I believe this present challenge has imposed on us yet again, the duty to rise in peaceful defense of democracy, for which so many have laid down their lives. I also know that the surest weapon against tyranny is the democratic will of the people. Nigerians have consistently demonstrated their preference for democracy, and I am, and will always remain, on the side of the people of Nigeria.

READ Suspension of CJN Onnoghen Illegal, Constitutional Crisis, A resort to self help ~ Southern/Middle Belt Leaders
I conclude by expressing, once again, my gratitude to the international community for standing by us in this challenging time. However, the primary responsibility to resist tyranny and protect democracy in Nigeria ultimately lies with Nigerians. It is on this note that I call on all Nigerians to seize the opportunity of the coming general elections to vote in defense of democracy and the rule of law.

We must vote out this anti-democratic government and restore our country to the path of true democracy, which is the surest way to ensure progress and prosperity for our people.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. God bless you all.

Images from the Press conference by the PDP Presidential Candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar at Umaru Yaraduwa center, FCT, Abuja.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Baawaa(m): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2019
"ATIKU becoming president is like hearing that a former armed robber is now your bank manager.OBJ(My Watch, page 49)
Onnoghen Suspended
Atiku's Campaign Suspended
May God suspend every Evil against Nigeria in Jesus Name

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Buharimustgo16F: 11:14am On Jan 28, 2019
Nice One my amiable President

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by haffaze777(m): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2019
association of wailersgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Johnakor7: 11:19am On Jan 28, 2019
is your type that will die saying sai baba rubbish

Baawaa:
"ATIKU becoming president is like hearing that a former armed robber is now your bank manager.OBJ(My Watch, page 49)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by disturbedman: 11:20am On Jan 28, 2019
cheesy

I am beginning to believe what started as a rumor that Atiku/PDP actually paid BDC Onnoghen to get to power.

If not, why will PDP carry the matter for head like their whole life depend on it?

No chance for thieves at the federal level anymore. What you cannot get through the ballot, you want to get through a BDC Onnoghen.

#SenseWillNotKillMe grin grin grin
Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Clerverly: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2019
This is just a normal PDP wailing meeting, albeit with so many microphones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by davidodiba(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2019
Good...Buhari is a tyrant

3 Likes

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Joshuaamb: 11:31am On Jan 28, 2019
Lets end this tyranny, Save our Democracy

3 Likes

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Corrinthians(m): 11:35am On Jan 28, 2019
Only fools support this party honestly!

ASUU has been on strike for over a month, none of these idiots have as much as flexed political muscles to bring an end to the impasse. You know why? The answer is simple: the strike doesn't affect their children or their pockets!

Now, one crooked justice bites the dust and theyre running all over the place like deranged banshees, threatening fire and fury. It is instructive to note also that some of these ignorant twerps who come here to defend them are languishing at home over the ASUU strike!

Honestly, only idiots support these men.

5 Likes

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Aboki99(m): 11:38am On Jan 28, 2019
Why Atiku and PDP are crying more than the bereaved about this Onnoghen matter makes one smell a rat and confirms the saying that 'there is no smoke without fire'. Had the PDP and Atiku all along been banking on the CJ to secure through the back door the victory they otherwise can't get through the ballot box? This looks like the case! Plus, the way Atiku is dropping the names of US, UK and EU around, does he think these countries can make him our president or we Nigerians? Fubuhari 16 will answer this question for him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Corrinthians(m): 11:39am On Jan 28, 2019
Just look at the gloom in their ugly faces. Only when their political interest is threatened do you see them dispense energy at generously, trying to change things.

Una go grow old there.

3 Likes

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by DMerciful(m): 11:45am On Jan 28, 2019
The joke is on you for supporting someone who has ensured that ASUU remains on strike while his children school abroad
Corrinthians:
Only fools support this party honestly!

ASUU has been on strike for over a month, none of these idiots have as much as flexed political muscles to bring an end to the impasse. You know why? The answer is simple: the strike doesn't affect their children or their pockets!

Now, one crooked justice bites the dust and theyre running all over the place like deranged banshees, threatening fire and fury. It is instructive to note also that some of these ignorant twerps who come here to defend them are languishing at home over the ASUU strike!

Honestly, only idiots support these men.
Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by BayelsaLegacy: 11:50am On Jan 28, 2019
KEEP THE GOOD FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY GOING OUR NEXT PRESIDENT.

1 Like

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Paramount01(m): 11:57am On Jan 28, 2019
Lolz
Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by id911(m): 11:58am On Jan 28, 2019
disturbedman:
cheesy

I am beginning to believe what started as a rumor that Atiku/PDP actually paid BDC Onnoghen to get to power.

If not, why will PDP carry the matter for head like their whole life depend on it?

No chance for thieves at the federal level anymore. What you cannot get through the ballot, you want to get through a BDC Onnoghen.

#SenseWillNotKillMe grin grin grin

I know you can believe anything so far it's APC that told you. If You're told Onnoghen slept with Aisha Buhari to bring forth Yusuf, you'll still believe!

I don't know what that satanic party used on you guys that you can no longer use your God given sense to think critically. It's pathetic
Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by Pastorlarry: 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
Day 1: Buhari announces the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen.

Expected Reaction: PDP would threaten fire and brimestone, internet sponsored posts will floor everywhere, ipob Yoots will open countless threads abusing Buhari, PDP will use their lobbyist to cause UK, US, EU to issue statements but they would call for caustion. Saraki and Dogara will issue statements condemning Buhari. NBA will issue statements. Many SANS will Condemn Buhari's Action.

Day 2: The Acting CJN, will swear in the Election Tribunal members. The reality will start to sink in that a New CJN is actually in Charge. The rage will increase on the internet, however by this time with caution from Lawyers.

Day 3: They would be pockets of protests in some embassies, though the turn out may not be more than 15 people. NBA will meet and issue another statements and unenforceable communique.

Day 4: The Senate will reconvene to lament by members of the opposition. Oshiomole will meet with APC caucus before the plenary. At the end of the day, they would be incoherent motions at the floor of Senate. 

Then The FG will formally write the international community assuring them of preservation of rule of law and warn them to stop meddling in the internal affairs of Nigeria.

Day 5 : Support for the president will start swelling, Lawyers will start giving different interpretation of issues. Onnoghen lawyers will approach the court for grievances. Meanwhile the acting CJN will get busy with work.

Day 6 : PDP will resume Campaign amidst wailing and name calling. INEC will intensify preparation for the Elections.

Day 7: Onnoghen is forgotten, everybody becomes fine.

1 Like

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by feddis(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
The way God has suspended your senses.

Baawaa:
Onnoghen Suspended

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by lekanbad: 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
The truth must be told to those in Power,Nigeria is sliding into dictatorship and Buhari needs to go.
Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by disturbedman: 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
[s]
id911:

I know you can believe anything so far it's APC that told you. If You're told Onnoghen slept with Aisha Buhari to bring forth Yusuf, you'll still believe!

I don't know what that satanic party used on you guys that you can no longer use your God given sense to think critically. It's pathetic
[/s]
Why e dey pain you like this? You follow BDC Onnoghen share for the money? cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by feddis(m): 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
So unfortunate to think that you are learned and sounding this senseless.

Clerverly:
This is just a normal PDP wailing meeting, albeit with so many microphones.
Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by mimariamabudul1: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
#EndTyranny #BuhariMustGo

Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by sweerychick(f): 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
Baawaa:
Onnoghen Suspended
Good, let us try another armed robber since your Mr integrity Buhari has failed.. oh I remember the saying the devil you know is better than the Angel that lie a lot.. a perfect description for APC
Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by altruisticlomo(m): 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2019
Baawaa:
Onnoghen Suspended
for your own mind abeg you need to be enlightened from this daftness of yours
Re: State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP by GleestarsMag: 4:59am On Jan 30, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEHrOgDtwbU

State of the Nation Address by Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Monday, January 28th, 2019. #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain #TheAtikuPlan #GNWA2019 #BetterNigeria

(1) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The New Trains From China Finally Berths (photos) / PDP Will Accept Outcome Of Elections – Tambuwal / INEC To Conduct Supplementary Presidential Election On March 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.