Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Small Scale Exporters - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Small Scale Exporters (920 Views)

Get Your Profitable Small Scale Business Easily Started And Successfully Managed / How To Keep Your Small Scale Business Running / Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
please all exporters in the house,please I want you to come to my aid.I'm an intending exporter,but I would like to start in small scale.I need you guys help me on how to get buyers of cocoa powder in small scale,apart from those b2b websites,that their premium membership is expensive.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
apart from those b2b websites.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 7:03am On Jan 29, 2019
pls help fellow small scale exporters.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by mascotblaze(m): 8:09am On Jan 29, 2019
I'm afraid you won't get any help here on nairaland. The exporters here have this 'fraternity' kind of attitude unlike the importers who freely dish out information to the public

1 Like

Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 9:42am On Jan 29, 2019
mascotblaze:
I'm afraid you won't get any help here on nairaland. The exporters here have this 'fraternity' kind of attitude unlike the importers who freely dish out information to the public
I believe there are still kind-hearted ones on nairaland,alot has given information that has changed the lives of many here free of charge.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2019
for the small scale exporters any idea.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
I need the info on how to get buyers for my small scale agro produce.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 9:12am On Jan 30, 2019
info...any
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2019
still waiting...
Re: Small Scale Exporters by mascotblaze(m): 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
Godsent12:
I believe there are still kind-hearted ones on nairaland,alot has given information that has changed the lives of many here free of charge.
You are right and I believe you. I've seen and read threads that have added value to my life as well as changed my way of reasoning but as far as EXPORTERS on nairaland is concerned. They will NEVER share any info unless they are here to sell one material or something. I CHALLENGE them to come out here on nairaland and help the op.

3 Likes

Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 10:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
mascotblaze:

You are right and I believe you. I've seen and read threads that have added value to my life as well as changed my way of reasoning but as far as EXPORTERS on nairaland is concerned. They will NEVER share any info unless they are here to sell one material or something. I CHALLENGE them to come out here on nairaland and help the op.
you are right though...
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 10:11am On Jan 31, 2019
nairalanders,please help oo
Re: Small Scale Exporters by mascotblaze(m): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
Godsent12:
nairalanders,please help oo
Came across this just now..... You can try reach the op. Guess I'm your resource manager. Lol

https://www.nairaland.com/4977739/nigeria-export-products

Another one here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4711817/mini-food-stuff-exportation-guide
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 9:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
mascotblaze:

Came across this just now..... You can try reach the op. Guess I'm your resource manager. Lol

https://www.nairaland.com/4977739/nigeria-export-products

Another one here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4711817/mini-food-stuff-exportation-guide
Thanks alot,I appreciate,but they are all information marketers,selling what does not work.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by mascotblaze(m): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2019
Godsent12:
Thanks alot,I appreciate,but they are all information marketers,selling what does not work.
I already told you that's what you'd get. No one is gonna come here and share you any information. At a point I was in your shoes and I went to extent of getting lists of companies that are into exporting of foodstuffs in lagos, so as to go learn first hand but they are all craps too. I lost faith. It's too secretive. Bunch of selfish people.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by Godsent12(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2019
mascotblaze:

I already told you that's what you'd get. No one is gonna come here and share you any information. At a point I was in your shoes and I went to extent of getting lists of companies that are into exporting of foodstuffs in lagos, so as to go learn first hand but they are all craps too. I lost faith. It's too secretive. Bunch of selfish people.
are you a small scale exporter now.
Re: Small Scale Exporters by mascotblaze(m): 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2019
Godsent12:
are you a small scale exporter now.
Not at all..... I let go of the unending search of the technical know-how. Still open to learning more about it though if I can be mentored by a guru
Re: Small Scale Exporters by franchasng: 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
Go to Lagos Chamber of Commerce at Ikeja or so, and ask for authentic information.

Exportation business is not as easy as importation business reason being that you are importing into a country where you already lived for years, most times your home country so you know how to go about custom charges and government regulations, and also know where to market your imported goods to get the right buyers.

But when it comes to exportation, you are trying to sell goods to people outside your country where you know nobody or have no exact info about getting the right buyers and packaging guidelines for the goods you are exporting.

Mind you, every country have certain items, especially when it comes to agro-allied or perishable goods they allow or prohibit entrance into their country and some will allow it only after it has been well screened by necessary government bodies and only allowed entrance if its coming from government approved business owners in case of any emergency or issues like disease, crop pest, etc coming into their country through these imported goods you intend to export.

So exportation is always a big issue and most times requires huge finance to startup due to the numerous channels, screenings and certification required for various countries.

My advice to you, visit Lagos Chamber of Commerce if you are in Lagos to get information and packaging guidelines of a target country or countries for the type of goods you plan to export, then create a Facebook business page specifically for your exportation goods.

Upload not just live pictures, upload real life videos of your products, if it comes from farms, upload clean videos of the farm with clear voice narration and captions, then upload to your facebook business page.

Pay for Facebook advert and target the country you intend to export to and see the outcome.

Now the challenge you will face is trust issues because most foreigners don't trust Nigerians due to our internet scam popularity, thanks to Yahoo boys cry

Another challenge you will face is who to receive your goods in the destination country and mode of payment.

Most foreign buyers will prefer prepayment method to pay once goods arrives their country but you the exporter should insist on cash-in-advance, unless you have a trusted receiver in the destination country to receive the goods on your behalf and deliver to buyer and get cash for you and wire back to you.

Another challenge you will face is packaging guidelines and custom regulations in your destination country, you must adhere to their guidelines and obtain all necessary certifications to avoid them seizing your goods at the port of entry.

Exportation is not easy bro.

Best approach, if you have a target country in mind, look for your friends or relatives living there and work with them as partner in the business.

You can start with Nigerian or African foods.

I forgot, there are shipping companies at Apapa that help package goods for export to various countries. You will need to visit Apapa and visit any of the shipping companies, they will guide you on packaging and may give you more info on getting foreign buyers too, you need to go offline to get some hard info that you may not get freely online.

Also visit NIPOST office and make some findings, wish you and the op the best in your business endeavors

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me Track IMEI Of A Stolen Phone?? / Oil Perfume Business Is The New Gold. / So, You Want To Become Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.