Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano (2092 Views)

Bola Tinubu Mourns Emir Who Turbanned Him 'Jagaban Borgu' / Nigerian Army Troops Kill 200 Terrorists, As Fighting Continues Into Night / Breaking:entire Boko Haram Force At Konduga Wiped Out By Army Troops. 400 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by Jakumo(m): 11:55am On Apr 20, 2007
Families of North African and Arabic looking "refugees" arrived overnight and squatted "peacefully" in a school compound in Kano, Northern Nigeria, for a calm three weeks before they suddenly produced Kalashnikov assault rifles and took on the Nigerian Army in a teeming slum of that city, leaving 30 dead on each side as of yesterday, April 19 2007.

Identifying themselves as "Al Queda Jihadists", these families of turban-wearing gunmen,women and children are giving the Nigerian Army a serious run for its money in Kano right now as these words are being written.  The attackers were only yesterday routed from the central water-works for the entire city of Kano which they had invaded, occupied and forcibly shut down, depriving the city of a vital water supply that is inadequate at the best of times. 

The coincidence of tomorrows presidential elections and the sudden chaos in Kano is difficult to ignore. One wonders just who would stand to gain from the terror being spread in Kano, and also, just where it is that these apparently seasoned guerrilla fighters, women and children inclusive, are actually from. Over the past 48 hours groups of several hundred North African "families" have also been sighted trekking in the midday sun alongside the Lagos-Benin expressway in the South West of Nigeria, though these groups have so far kept to themselves.

Could the masterminds of the ongoing Kano assault be losing presidential election contestants whose dreams of Islamizing Nigeria are destined to die along with their still-born bid to be Nigeria's next president ?    Or could these foreign fighters have been sent into Nigeria by shadowy fundamentalist terror groups intending to exploit the disorder of Nigeria's election as initial cover for infrastructure disabling attacks or occupations aimed at totally destabilizing the country from the north downwards ?

Nigerian troops are frequently called out withn Nigerian cities to quell civil unrest, but the current carnage in Kano distinguishes itself from other conflicts around the country due to the degree of strategic planning that appears to be guiding the mysterious turban-wearing hordes that have swept in from the Sahara Desert in a blaze of gunfire, and the precise timing of that violence with reports of clandestine weapons disbursals ahead of the presidential elections.

Are the forgoing paragraphs little more than idle speculation of an arm-chair detective, or is danger afoot in Nigeria ? 

What do you think ?
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by McKren(m): 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2007
Shameless things, terrorist are now exploiting rules of engagement as a war strategy. They use their wives and children as human shields, no respect for sanctity of life.
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by tit(f): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
It looks like they have morphed.
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by Jakumo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
tit: It looks like they have morphed.

Well I'll be dipped in chit. I had completely forgotten commenting over 7 years ago, about what must have been the first stirrings of the Boko Haram terror gang in Kano. What a difference 7 years makes.

Thanks for bringing this old post back from the dead, Tit, and by the way I share your passion for nice full, firm, gravity defiant ttits, in the size range of 34D to 36D preferably.
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by tit(f): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jakumo:

Well I'll be dipped in chit. I had completely forgotten commenting over 7 years ago, about what must have been the first stirrings of the Boko Haram terror gang in Kano. What a difference 7 years makes.

Thanks for bringing this old post back from the dead, Tit, and by the way I share your passion for nice full, firm, gravity defiant ttits, in the size range of 34D to 36D preferably.

I am sorry this one is taken. My oga is a force man from Eggon and you know they do not joke.
with the strains of child-birth and weight gain, I wonder how long it would still be 36D.
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by IGBOSON1: 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hehehehe grin grin grin

2007 now seems like the good old days, doesn't it?......Jakumos news report notwithstanding!

Pandora's box had been opened, and there's no going back! sad
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by Happywoman(f): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mtcheeeewwww

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Happywoman: Mtcheeeewwww
aaahahahahahahahahahaha....hhhhaaahahahahaha..........
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by omenka(m): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
How things change... Smh
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by Jakumo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
tit:

I am sorry this one is taken. My oga is a force man from Eggon and you know they do not joke.
with the strains of child-birth and weight gain, I wonder how long it would still be 36D.

Force man ! Yeparipa ! I don change my address already, and pack all my load put for on top Okada land-jet to make quick escape before kata-kata bust.

Why you no tell me say you be woman now ? I no know say woman fiti go use "Tit" as screen name for Nairaland, so I come tink say na man pikin get that name, take am remember wettin hin like pass, for woman matter.

Tell Oga say I nogo talk so again o, and that I don see work for Canada now.
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
Whoever visited the archives!!! cry
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by suwailad(f): 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
This jakumo is very dry but the guy cracks me up like musiwas madness
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by EasternLeopard: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
I catch fear until when I come see say na 2007 before I leave fear.
Re: Nigerian Army Troops Exchange Fire With Turbanned Hordes In Kano by smada13(m): 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
was already scared as I was reading until when i checked the date......

but did this actually happened then the northerners are just too gullible... this issue will have been forgotten had it started in the west or south.....

(1) (Reply)

Erosion: Abia Communities At The Brink Of Extinction / No Clue On Kidnapped Journalists – Police / Rmd Other Delta Commisioners Sacked By Acting Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.