Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro (12313 Views)

You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by Cloud007: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2019
orisa37:

Insults upon Injuries, that's what these Islamic teachers are peddling. They don't understand that we are in a Constitutional Democracy and neither in Feudalism nor any form of Religious Government.
Tanko is not even CJN yet they have started raising up their extremist views. Any wonder terrorist cell like muric support buhari's ilegality. They knew a Sharia judge will be CJN if we allow the infraction to remain.
Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by CaptainGo: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2019
asuustrike1:

So Prof what is your take on this matter should the judge step aside and be tried or what? The trial of the senate president at CCT and that of CJN, are similar why didn't the senate president set aside if I may ask?

Let me help you here. The senate president did not step down because he wasn't being tried or investigated by the Senate but the Judiciary (i.e. CCT). If the Senate President was being investigated by the Senate, he would have temporarily stepped aside as President of the senate.
The Chief Justice is the chairman of the NJC and the Head of the Judiciary, and he is being tried by the same judiciary, it is right for him to step aside. You know the CJN had suspended indefinitely the meeting of the NJC which would have looked into the accusations against him? One cannot be a Judge in his own case.

3 Likes

Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by adanny01(m): 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
same way d executive enjoys immunity...d law is law until it changes...

The law gives immunity to the executive, until the National assembly gives themselves and the Judiciary immunity, immunity is not gotten through the back door.
Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2019
adanny01:

The law gives immunity to the executive, until the National assembly gives themselves and the Judiciary immunity, immunity is not gotten through the back door.
d Same law say d njc is d body to charge any judicial official ist...wen in 2009 under saraki justice elelu was removed as chief judge of kwara state after 2/3 of d state house voted for it... it was rendered null and void cos d njc were not carried along...salami was recommended by njc to Jonathan for removal but d senate were not carried along...it was also illegal...onnoghen as cjn gets his powers from d constitution not d president dats yy he shd nt be removed like he is an appointee of d president...the essence of having strong institution and due process is to ensure things are not done on emotions but rule of law...

1 Like

Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2019
CaptainGo:

Let me help you here. The senate president did not step down because he wasn't being tried or investigated by the Senate but the Judiciary (i.e. CCT). If the Senate President was being investigated by the Senate, he would have temporarily stepped aside as President of the senate.
The Chief Justice is the chairman of the NJC and the Head of the Judiciary, and he is being tried by the same judiciary, it is right for him to step aside. You know the CJN had suspended indefinitely the meeting of the NJC which would have looked into the accusations against him? One cannot be a Judge in his own case.
Ok
Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by eodavids(m): 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
Cloud007:
Please let's leave Islam out of this. Nigeria constitution might not be perfect but explicit enough for NJC to take decision.

Prof. A.A. Alaro, has shown that upon his acclaimed academic qualifications, his level of civilization is below expectation.

So Islamic law is applicable in this matter, Ooh! angry

Can we suggest Christian approach to a national issues?
The Islamic section in Nairaland here is a nogo area for non muslins, as they like exclusionary approach.

Well Prof. Alaro: The Common Law which is applicable to the fact in issue is recognized, real, nonfictional and civilized. But your so called Sharia Law exists only in you imagination and your revered folklore.
You should not subject CJN Onoghen to the dictates of a folklore.

3 Likes

Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by integrity16(m): 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
Succinctly articulated!

This is the problem we have in this nation! YOU!

We have all been pre-formatted not to welcome any idea or submission or intellectual analysis that comes from a different "Religion", "Ethnicity", "Gender", "Race" etc.

I am sure many of you didn't read the write-up before churning out your myopic and ridiculous views!

I am an unrepentant Christian!

But I have read a brilliant submission that has incorporated a perfect similitude, only for persons with sound cognitive ability to digest and decide!

You all are a bunch of embarrassment to the words "Education" and "Literacy"!! angry angry

May the Almighty God bless you beyond measure.

I am also a Christian, but I have just read a brilliant piece by the professor.

They are pigs! So I am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by imrany20(m): 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
id911:
May God punish all of you idiots so-called Islamic Scholars. It is now very clear that Onnoghen is persecuted because he's a Christian.

You Christian supporting Buhari should use this to open yours eyes to the ulterior motives of these animals
Am very sure you didn't read this article before you ranging on this thread, honestly you are a disgrace to Education. you this religions mugu.
Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by Kdon2: 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
orisa37:
Prof. A. A. Alaro (Professor of Islamic Law, UNILORIN).

Nigeria is a Constitutional Democracy. Let everyone stick to that and behave.

Hmmmm. no wonder, Ilorin and there twisted forms of Islam. them sabi practice the Islam pass Saudi wey get the religion sef. fake Muslims at its peak. that's why they are called mesujamba because they are deceit reincarnated.

1 Like

Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by Elliot2(m): 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
integrity16:

May the Almighty God bless you beyond measure.

I am also a Christian, but I have just read a brilliant piece by the professor.

They are pigs! So I am not surprised.
it would have been better u were a pig,but sadly u r worse. There is no two ways about onoghen's case,but that only d recommendations of the njc,and 2/3 votes of the Senate can remove or retain him. Every other way is a coup!
Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria is a secular state. There's no state religion in Nigeria. Please limit your Islamic perspective to Zamfara State and the likes.

You cited a case between a man and his wife to buttress your view. The scenario isn't the same here .

Our constitution is the grund norm and it states that any other law that is in conflict with the constitution shall, to the extent of those inconsistencies, be declared null and void.

So, your slanted perspective is hereby declared null and void.

1 Like

Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by Adek15(m): 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
Succinctly articulated!

We have all been pre-formatted not to welcome any idea or submission or intellectual analysis that comes from a different "Religion", "Ethnicity", "Gender", "Race" etc.

I am sure many of you didn't read the write-up before churning out your myopic and ridiculous views!

But I have read a brilliant submission that has incorporated a perfect similitude, only for persons with sound cognitive ability to digest and decide!

You all are a bunch of embarrassment to the words "Education" and "Literacy"!! angry angry
Ask yourself this. How many Nigerians are actually educated.
Most just go to school to regurgitate facts but are more primitive than the neardethals

1 Like

Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by Friend01(m): 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
Cloud007:
Mr unrepentant Christian. I don't care if you are a Christan or islamist.

We all know NJC submissions will never be based on Sharia law. So what sort of divisive perspective was your mentor trying to push forward.

Ori gbogbo yin ti gbale.

If you guys think Tanko can take unilateral decision at NJC you are lost. Any ideas you push into his head will come to nothing.

We also knows that Islam has dictatorial tendencies. I will still state the obvious here. Your Islam should stir clear from NJC decisions.

Awon Nigeria enemies gbogbo

I know the education you people got is not really about making you have sound judgement, but that of a barbrian who lived certain millenniums ago.

This one will call himself educated, but he is clearly displaying advanced symptoms of acute illiteracy and grand stupidity .

The prof gave a perspective from the Islamic point of you yet, this intellectual lilliputian seem to be high on the dose of blind hate and intolerance is manifesting openly without limit.

The laws and courts you have today borrowed most of what is being practiced from Islaam.
It is only honest idiot that will not admit this knowing our Islāmic history.
Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by Friend01(m): 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
eodavids:

Prof. A.A. Alaro, has shown that upon his acclaimed academic qualifications, his level of civilization is below expectation.

So Islamic law is applicable in this matter, Ooh! angry

Can we suggest Christian approach to a national issues?
The Islamic section in Nairaland here is a nogo area for non muslins, as they like exclusionary approach.

Well Prof. Alaro: The Common Law which is applicable to the fact in issue is recognized, real, nonfictional and civilized. But your so called Sharia Law exists only in you imagination and your revered folklore.
You should not subject CJN Onoghen to the dictates of a folklore.

If you don't like what the humbke prof has posited why not just scroll past it instead this level of narrow mindedness you displayed.

You think democratic laws is as expanding and comprehensive as they Islāmic system?
I wouldn't waste my time trying to school you on the benefits of operating an Islamic law knowing you hatred (or perhaps dislike) for it) for it.

I understand the poor understanding you people have of Islām that is why most of you make this bad argument whenever you hear anything Islaam.

And mind you, there is no such thing as Christian law. You people are only trying to imitate muslims to save face that is why you are propounding what does not and will never exist.
Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by foliman(m): 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
Succinctly articulated!

Your brain leaks somewhere... on what ground should Islamic law be used as a yardstick on a secular nation, who cares about the content, why carrying religious view? Please be kind to understand that we are not talking about Saudi Arabia here or Jerusalem.... Nigeria is a secular state and should be treated as such.
Re: CCT & Onnoghen's Trial: Islamic's Law Perspective- Prof A A Alaro by eodavids(m): 8:44am On Jan 30, 2019
Friend01:

If you don't like what the humbke prof has posited why not just scroll past it instead this level of narrow mindedness you displayed.

You think democratic laws is as expanding and comprehensive as they Islāmic system?
I wouldn't waste my time trying to school you on the benefits of operating an Islamic law knowing you hatred (or perhaps dislike) for it) for it.

I understand the poor understanding you people have of Islām that is why most of you make this bad argument whenever you hear anything Islaam.

And mind you, there is no such thing as Christian law. You people are only trying to imitate muslims to save face that is why you are propounding what does not and will never exist.

Islamic norms which you may be referring to is good. I have no dislike for it.

Any means of controlling human beings which engenders peace and harmony is acceptable by me.

But, your own scholarship ought to have made you know by now that Islamic law is unwritten. At best, it may be used as a customary rules of conduct.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu: Obiano Petitions FG Over Death In South Africa / Lagos/Ibadan Expressway To Be 10 Lanes —FERMA / IPOB "Sit At Home" Has Already Flopped In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.