Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits (35829 Views)

MTV Base Releases Top 20 Hottest Naija Tracks Of 2018 / Which Has Been Your Best Songs Of 2018 So Far? / Davido And Tiwa Savage Make Nomination List Of 2018 BET Awards ( List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by ruggedtimi(m): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
oh oh oh by runtown was lit also peruzzi and ice prince
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by wilsonchilboy(m): 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
Person wey do dis list must be a port Harcourt base judging from de list idahams is not widely recognized tho he is good buh i don't think der is any hit to his name except God can bless anybody wich he was featured.
For 1dabanton dat guy is gud but dem no de push hin songs well
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by PapaAdanna: 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2019
All those songs no blow becos no be WIZKID do am.
Can u imagine socco bn a hit and even fever?
Nigerians have a long way to go, mediocrity is ruling the musical waves for now..
A country slim case is a big artist, small doctor and so many of dem that I don't wanna bother myself mentioning now.
All we know here is give us a banging beat, who cares wat u say within d beat

1 Like

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by caylakays: 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
na only Runtown did a perfect work there with lucie. that song is a hit

1 Like

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by omamush(f): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
I don't even know any of the songs cos they are all trash filled with noise that Nigerians keep hyping as usual.

1 Like

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
TechCapon:
There's this nice artist called nonso amadi. Mehn I love his songs so much but for one reason or the other the guy has failed to blow. His videos are world class, his voice is great. His lyrics are so dope. Nigerians like mediocrity so much that's why they hardly notice such a talented artist. They prefer the noise makers who sing nonsense. If nonso amadi was an American, his song "No crime" would have been nominated for Grammy.
i swear his voice on that track is mad. Another mad song is early in the morning,his vocals on that song is dope

5 Likes

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by BenzEne1(m): 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
bayocanny:
Modify:
The title of the thread should be....

"13 Noise that should never be listened to not to talk of being a hit "

Baba NLA and African Woman no be noise. You need to listen to African Woman. Top notch.

Trobul by Wurld and Sarz.

Star Signs by Odunsi ft Runtown.

African Woman by 1da Banton.

No crime by Nonso Amadi.

Baba nla by Larry gaaga ft burna, 2baba and dbanj.

Tropicana by SDC ft Flash.

How deep is your luv by Mut4y ft Wurld.

My side by Ycee.

Big man doinz by Arosino.

Miekeraso by Duncan Mighty.

Fire down by Mr Dutch ft Reekado

Dem many wey suppose. We don taya for all these baseless lyrics from Davido and e gang. Op wetin ji masun dey do for your list. Dat one na song ?

2 Likes

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by TechCapon(m): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
chidexnwa:
i swear his voice on that track is mad. Another mad song is early in the morning,his vocals on that song is dope
the guy's very talented

1 Like

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by kizzi91(m): 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
'Baba nla nonsense' by Larry gaga really made sense..it was one of my favourite songs last year..

1 Like

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by SlayerForever: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
When Lucie do the dance
She go do the fire dance
When my baby do the dance
She go do the fire dance. . .

Oh Oh Oh - Runtown. Lit!

Sometimes it's like someone's sabotaging the young man.
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by RTSC: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
I have not heard any of these songs.
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
angry[color=#990000][/color][/b]I sing pass this mofos mentioned, but wat can I say.. this is nigeria
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by introvertme: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
chidexnwa:

Listen to war
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by encryptjay(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2019
chidexnwa:
Listen to MI's playlist ft Nonso Amadi.
Nonso Amadi is really good it's just that most naija music fans prefer beats to great lyrics. He would be appreciated outside naija.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by Platony(m): 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
1. Oh oh oh Lucie - Runtown issa hit.

2. Chizoba - Rudeboy

My favorite for now is:

3. Gimme Love - Seyi Shay Ft. Runtown (d beat is dope)
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by zealousayo(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
Halleluyah by Johnny Drill ft Simi is supposed to be on the list.
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by nazablossom(f): 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
The songs were detonated to stop them from blowing grin

Reality and Chizoba by rude boy. Nice songs
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by chrysanthus07: 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
barry jhay aiye ole...what a song
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by stanley000: 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2019
Th only hit Davido has provided which actually was even written by teni was #like dat. All the rest was just noise carefully sang. WizKid has done well putting Nigeria on the map. Burna boy on the other hand is the most overrated Nigerian artiste. The guy lacks talent
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by Melian(f): 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
TechCapon:
There's this nice artist called nonso amadi. Mehn I love his songs so much but for one reason or the other the guy has failed to blow. His videos are world class, his voice is great. His lyrics are so dope. Nigerians like mediocrity so much that's why they hardly notice such a talented artist. They prefer the noise makers who sing nonsense. If nonso amadi was an American, his song "No crime" would have been nominated for Grammy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSsyZHcasmk

Nigerians adore meaningless, vain songs too much it hurts.
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by Santinojr: 11:20pm On Jan 29, 2019
TechCapon:

The guy is too good .. I'm surprised he hasn't released an album.
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by Santinojr: 11:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
TechCapon:

If you give me some loving , No crime no crime no crime
Follow me to Abuja , No crime no crime ..
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by Seandisputed(m): 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
Your list was making sense until i saw Idowest ft. Davido

Then i gave up.
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by lenghtinny(m): 12:20am On Jan 30, 2019
Platony:
1. Oh oh oh Lucie - Runtown issa hit.

2. Chizoba - Rudeboy

My favorite for now is:

3. Gimme Love - Seyi Shay Ft. Runtown (d beat is dope)

Gimme love beat na fire and runtown killed it with his hook.....
Ice prince yawa beat is also dope. Its actually the first FreshVdm production that I fell in love alongside check on you production... The fresh guy is trying.

1 Like

Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by lenghtinny(m): 12:25am On Jan 30, 2019
chrysanthus07:
barry jhay aiye ole...what a song
This here is the most underrated song of 2018 probably because its an indigenous song. Even Teni Uyo meyo thats buzzing aint got nothing on this song.
I believe radio stations are doing a good job at sabotaging some artistes in the industry
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by magnum247: 12:31am On Jan 30, 2019
For me, Idahams' no one else was among my best songs of 2018.....still feeling the jam
Re: 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits by 9jaRealist: 12:51am On Jan 30, 2019
Shadbay:
Listen to Naija songs at the detriment of your IQ. Na very big risk especially mainstream artists. undecided

Silly attempt at cultural snobbery.

Dude, if you are looking to raise your IQ, first you should have avoided Nairaland (grin), and instead searched for a library somewhere because Gbedu is (primarily) for dancing! Anyway, music is the nearest thing that Nigeria has to a free marketplace of personal tastes, and therefore you are free to get off your behind and go do your own "high-IQ" music.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Site To Download Music Free Of Charge / Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Download / Doc Rich Reacts To Burna Boy's Monsters You Made (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.