Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,955 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h (51196 Views)

Who's To Blame For This Overload: The Truck, VIO, Or The Driver? (Video) / Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) / Man’s Legs Cut Off After Jumping Off A Train In Ikeja, Lagos (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by olaolaking: 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
TIGRITIS:
287km/h?

That is actually a dangerous speed for a land based transportation.

My opinion though, b4 some over sabi astronauts start their unsolicited lectures.
Train is relatively safe. If it was a car, sorry.
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by 4everyoungpresh(f): 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
in the north they have uninterrupted power supply,most of their youths don't work but they get paid an average southerner would have to eaither sweat blood before you can break out of poverty and you all are there saying atiku and buhari the earlier you people start using your head to know that the north sees Nigeria as a property the better for us.

2 Likes

Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Princeadonis(m): 10:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
VictorRomanov:

You re mixing up your maths. If the 287km/hr it means it will take 1hr to cover 287km. This video is about 90 seconds long. So the supposed distance travelled during the cause of the video is 287km × 90 sec/3600 sec = about 7km. (If you exclude time wasted in accelerating)

But I have a feeling the video was fast forwarded because the distance between Hangzhou and Huangshan is about 212km which would take close to an hour to complete with the supposed speed of the train.
U got my point in your second paragraph
I didn't mix the maths up. Think about it again
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by koyeni(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
We'd get there if we get it right!

Check my siggy
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by jamjo: 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
Bloooody:
Buhari will give us this.
In the next 4 years!
4+4!
Buhari is what we want!
We Nigerians have rejected Atiku
We want our PMB!
He is God chosen!

Please, you wake up from your dream, the 100/KM Abuja to Kaduna they reduce the speed because of cows. Dream on hahahaha
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by makizee(m): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
It is obviously speed up.
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by omogidi234(m): 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
TIGRITIS:
287km/h?

My opinion though, b4 some over sabi astronauts start their unsolicited lectures.

I was actually scared seeing the video. That speed was something else!

1 Like

Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by ikdaddy01(m): 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
This is kwaraption
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by emmaattack: 11:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
Skyland
Land flight...
I love this.
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by anonymous96: 12:02am On Jan 30, 2019
TIGRITIS:
287km/h?

Don't think you can have an opinion abt something like dis.It is either it is a dangerous speed for rail or not...
It is not subjective.. It is Physics

2 Likes

Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Nature8(m): 12:13am On Jan 30, 2019
Automotive1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNneEdCxrYg

This amazing footage shows what it's really like to be in the driver's seat of a high-speed train travelling at 287km/h. At that kind of speed, same-day return trips to and from any part of the Nigeria can be guaranteed if we have the modern high-speed trains and rails.

The footage was captured on a journey between Hangzhou and Huangshan in China. The countries 19,000 kilometres (11,806 miles) of high-speed rail (HSR) is currently the longest HSR network in the world while its 131,000 km (81,400 mi) of railways is the second longest network behind US.

https://autojosh.com/see-what-its-really-like-to-be-in-the-drivers-seat-of-a-high-speed-train-travelling-at-287-km-h/

Hmm, you go fear speed oo

2 Likes

Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Preator: 12:17am On Jan 30, 2019
Princeadonis:
Gbefun autojosh!!! In this 1min+ video, the train covered 287km! And it is supposed to be at an average speed of 287km/h... I can't relate
Planes speed 700km/h and it's not as crazy as this.
This speed you recorded is approximately 287 * 60 = 17220km/h
That's not possible for a train. Only ballistic missiles achieve such crazy speeds. I think the video was sped up. The fastest trains are maglev trains and fastest I've heard is around 605km/h
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by DisGuy: 12:21am On Jan 30, 2019
Hadeya:
Please how many kilometers is Lagos to Ibadan?

156km according to NRC
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by berrystunn(m): 12:36am On Jan 30, 2019
Bloooody:
Buhari will give us this.
In the next 4 years!
4+4!
Buhari is what we want!
We Nigerians have rejected Atiku
We want our PMB!
He is God chosen!

We grin grin
witches and wizards association of nigeria
Love hardship, insecurity blood sucking wicked party
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by lozanni(m): 1:29am On Jan 30, 2019
Oh my!!! Anyone who suffers from motion sickness is definitely not cut out for this job.
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Isoduwa(m): 2:18am On Jan 30, 2019
peekay007:
Who need rail when we get Edo Express......... grin grin
you be village girl
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Cheredeux(m): 3:53am On Jan 30, 2019
Hadeya:
Nigeria where art thou?
China produces 2 million engineers every year while Africa produces 10 million pastors.
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Ikpongiton: 6:07am On Jan 30, 2019
Gforce2019:
No be their work ,

Abeg! Carry waka

wetin be una own work ? ok ! your own work na to do witches and wizard,and hate your brother
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Gforce2019: 6:46am On Jan 30, 2019
Ikpongiton:
wetin be una own work ? ok ! your own work na to do witches and wizard,and hate your brother
....daft comments

Kontinue!
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Kalashnikov102(m): 6:59am On Jan 30, 2019
My country Nigeria na 0.05 kilometer/hour
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by PLAYBOX22: 7:04am On Jan 30, 2019
wilsonchilboy:
me iyaf enter dis train b4 oo
Yes and it's good to dream big
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by wilsonchilboy(m): 7:10am On Jan 30, 2019
PLAYBOX22:
Yes and it's good to dream big
Haha mad man
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Psoul(m): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2019
Princeadonis:
Gbefun autojosh!!! In this 1min+ video, the train covered 287km! And it is supposed to be at an average speed of 287km/h... I can't relate
Planes speed 700km/h and it's not as crazy as this.
This speed you recorded is approximately 287 * 60 = 17220km/h

I don't understand this ur mathematics Oga.

That train can run at the speed of 287km/h.
That means in every 1hr it will cover about 287km
So in a one day non-stop journey, it will cover about 6888km
Still confused on hw u get that 17220km/hr
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Jegie(m): 9:01am On Jan 30, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
My country Nigeria na 0.05 kilometer/hour
And e go still derail

1 Like

Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by Princeadonis(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2019
Preator:

That's not possible for a train. Only ballistic missiles achieve such crazy speeds. I think the video was sped up. The fastest trains are maglev trains and fastest I've heard is around 605km/h
I know it's not possible for a train. The video was obviously sped up
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by haryurmide(m): 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
Hadeya:
Please how many kilometers is Lagos to Ibadan?

It is approximately 140km.
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by azpekuliar: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
Xander85:

Don't really think so. Notice how the train slows down for safety reasons when passing through non-stop stations.

I am looking at the speed counter on the bottom right of the screen. There is no correlation between it and how fast the train is moving.
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by tola9jaa: 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2019

Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by PLAYBOX22: 7:57am On Jan 31, 2019
wilsonchilboy:

Haha mad man
..But back to the sender anyways and have a great day.
Re: See What It's Like To Be In The Driver's Seat Of A Train Travelling At 287 Km/h by tck2000(m): 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
wow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures) / Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' / First International Flight Lands In Lagos Airport After 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.