Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo (9805 Views)

Policeman Shoots At Unarmed Man In Abuloma, Rivers State (Video) / The Moment Policeman Released Gunshots In UNN While Battling Unarmed Man / Policeman Mobbed And Beaten In Ekiti By Angry Youths After Shooting Unarmed Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by mediaNGR: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
The Inspector General of Police, Adamu Muhammad, has ordered an investigation into the unfortunate incident that happened in Benin City, Edo state earlier today where it was alleged that a group of police men shot dead an unarmed man suspected to be an armed robber.

According to Instagram user, @CarrickDublin who shared a video from the scene online, the suspected man was fleeing the scene after he was apprehended when the police shot him, killing him instantly.

Series of tweets on the official handle of the Nigeria Police Force, says IGP is personally interested in the matter and that anyone with useful information should come forward.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/igp-orders-investigation-into-shooting.html

2 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 30, 2019
Good, I hope it's not swept under the carpet this time like the others. God please help Nigeria, na beg we dey beg.

4 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by RZArecta2(m): 1:48am On Jan 30, 2019
DSS operatives shot that man, he was part of a group of kidnappers including those guys on the ground who still collected ransom from family members of a victim after killing the victim cool

6 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by MrAnele(m): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2019
Talk
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by Authoreety: 9:21am On Jan 30, 2019
Something serious should be done abt it
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by akeentech(m): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2019
This new IGP seems a good guy and I hope this isn't initial gragra

14 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by MrAnele(m): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2019
RZArecta2:
DSS operatives shot that man, he was part of a group of kidnappers including those guys on the ground who still collected ransom from family members of a victim after killing the victim cool

I knew they were evil people... DSS no dey just come out

3 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by jantofubu(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2019
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by MurderEnglish(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2019
Well, I hope every one gets the recompense for their sins. Seed time and harvest time will never seize.

I know this case is kinda shady but immediate action should be taken so as to sanction the erring party, the police(the cops think as the law enforcement that they are above the law, oyibo police are worst sef) or fake report (people can talk rubbish).

I really don't trust any government system or approach in solving citizen's problems. angry

1 Like

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by osytex: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2019
we will follow this news...
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by zinosleek(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2019
Regardless of his crime, it is wrong for an officer to shoot an unarmed man.

1 Like

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by InaNla(f): 9:23am On Jan 30, 2019
Lawlessness across Nigeria starting from Aso rock

1 Like

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by MrAnele(m): 9:23am On Jan 30, 2019
akeentech:
This new IGP seems a good guy and I hope this isn't initial gragra

You must be The most Naive/gullible person on Nairaland

3 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by Rexnegro(m): 9:23am On Jan 30, 2019
nice one igp
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by akeentech(m): 9:28am On Jan 30, 2019
derok3375:
This is irritating broh, this your scam advertisement is enough nah.

2 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by sanmtiago(m): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2019
Too much talk,no action..just watch how they'll sweep the matter under the carpet.
No be naija we dey?? undecided
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by starstunna1313(m): 9:32am On Jan 30, 2019
MrAnele:

I knew they were evil people... DSS no dey just come out

Can you even hear yourself.. In a sane society you don't shoot unarmed person..

Besides so because they are DSS that makes it right?.. Abi??... If that's the case all those politicians that have been tracked down by DSS for one thing g or the other. Why did they not shot them when the got to houses to arrest them.. And don't even tell me that those politicians do not resist arrest..

Then again please which court declared them(the boys) guilty of the offence you are talking about?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by OhiOfIhima: 9:33am On Jan 30, 2019
MrAnele:

You must be The most Naive/gullible person on Nairaland
He hasn't said anything wrong man. Why the beef and names calling?

2 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by Donmoscojaja(m): 9:33am On Jan 30, 2019
honestly when I watched the video, I wasn't happy at all

where is Nigeria heading to??
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 30, 2019
I wept yesterday, on sighting that VIDEO
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by TripA(m): 9:40am On Jan 30, 2019
This new igp wan they get sense
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by henrybomb(m): 9:41am On Jan 30, 2019
Good
Even though he is a criminal, can't he be should at the leg?
What manner of unprofessionalism is that?

2 Likes

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by wrench: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2019
akeentech:

This is irritating broh, this your scam advertisement is enough nah.
funny enough, he does that for a mere recharge card

1 Like

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by OBAGADAFFI: 10:04am On Jan 30, 2019
Those guy are DSS and not Police.

Their guns gave them out.
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2019
Wow just one page!!! Useless youths, if Bobrisky drops a comment it would reach 3 pages, una suffer just begin
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by Omeokachie: 10:20am On Jan 30, 2019
Must IGP order before the Edo state command of the police knows that a shooting incident must be investigated?

If Buhari does not order, Babachir will not be investigated or charged to court.

See what this administration has turned governance to!
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:29am On Jan 30, 2019
Watched the video. Two wrongs don't make a right.

1. The unarmed guy shouldn't have run. It makes u look guilty of an allegation

2. The DSS guy (they're the only ones that hold that gun in this country) should have just given him a chase instead of shooting him

1 Like

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by MrAnele(m): 10:33am On Jan 30, 2019
starstunna1313:

Besides so because they are DSS that makes it right?.. Abi??... If that's the case all those politicians that have been tracked down by DSS for one thing g or the other. Why did they not shot them when the got to houses to arrest them.. And don't even tell me that those politicians do not resist arrest..

Then again please which court declared them(the boys) guilty of the offence you are talking about?

Pray none of your family member never gets kidnapped...

1 Like

Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by Emmiesparks: 10:33am On Jan 30, 2019
may God help us in dis country oo... I watch dah video and d guy was kill as if the DSS owned his life
Re: IGP orders investigation into the shooting of an unarmed man in Edo by bluecircle470: 10:57am On Jan 30, 2019
starstunna1313:

That incident happened in 2013 and dss went ahead to arrest those guys after luring them in Benin, 3 ondo, 2 southeast and there leather who hails from nasarawa state. 3 out of the 4 kidnap victims died while in captivity. I see no reason why they shouldn’t be shot okay. Stop saying rubbish again

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Slams ₦5 Milliom Fine On Police Over Reckless Use Of Power / Video : Ashawo Used For Ritual By Yahoo Boys Dropped In An Unknown Location / Video: Yahoo Boy Runs Mad After Failing To Renew His Yahoo Plus Due To Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.