Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Asup Strike:open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari On The Ongoing Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Asup Strike:open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari On The Ongoing Strike (371 Views)

ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. / LASPOTECH Shuns ASUP Strike / ASUP Strike : "No Going Back On Indefinite Strike" - Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asup Strike:open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari On The Ongoing Strike by Honbright(m): 5:14am On Jan 30, 2019
The motivation to write this letter is informed by the preponderance of vulnerable but not 'toothless' students that their academic careers are beginning to crumble in the face of the present ASUP Nationwide Strike.
Published By: VoiceAirMedia Nigeria.

I hope this letter meets you in a very sound 'state of mind', following the controversies surrounding the suspension of the head of the institution widely believed to be the last hope of the common man. I learnt your '' Lai Mohammed'' claimed the purported suspension is constitutional, moral and legally right. Hopefully, the issue would not be laid-to-rest the same way all other critical & sensitive issues had been buried in your administration. Time will tell anyways!

Not to digress, however, from the main issue, I believe if pen is mightier than sword, then incessant strike shouldn't always be an option, rather a well structured negotiation.

I would want to align with ''Education is the most powerful weapon which can change the world'' say of Nelson Mandela. But the simple truth is that ''things are beginning to fall apart'' in our country and education sector in particular.

Consequently, the pressing issues that made the union embark on strike simultaneously alongside their University counterpart might be cloudy. The partly 7.02% or less usually awarded the education sector in the nation's budget as against UNESCO recommendation is a viable reason the union decision is justifiable.

With the benefit of hindsight, most of the union agitations are issues that should have been amicably addressed to waive the lingering strike. But abysmally as it may be, your entourage totally failed to weigh or consider their offers, probably because you careless about our future.

Let me slice it a little thinner, the reasons for the ineffectiveness and inefficiency of most Nigerian graduates are multifactorial. I'm convinced the avoidable pause in our academic pursuits is a great contributor. I took some measures to analyse the havoc caused by the always-long-strike, i observed our environment is dominated by hoodlums which are mostly idle students the strike affect adversely.

My eyes became heavy and red when I bumped on the emotional story of a Nigerian that forfeited an opportunity to study in the University of Cape Town due to the ongoing strike. The agony in here voice further depicts the trauma of loosing a hard-earned scholarship to study in the university all because the strike denied her the chance to process her transcript. To you it might be coincidence, but to me it is not because 'lf coincidences keep occurring it is fate, if fate deepens it's destiny''. Is our destinies in this country maltreatments and rejections?
Click Here to Read More:>> https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2019/01/asup-strike-open-letter-to-president.html

(1) (Reply)

Ecowas And Conflict Management In Western Africa / The Joint Admission And Matriculation Board (jamb) Released Examination Date / Wakanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.