Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,016 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Akwa Ibom PDP Loses Ex-nddc Commissioner, 2,000 To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom PDP Loses Ex-nddc Commissioner, 2,000 To APC (343 Views)

Cross River APC Protests Asu Okang's Appointment As NDDC Commissioner / House In Rowdy Session As PDP Loses Members To APC / Atiku, PDP Loses Appeal At Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom PDP Loses Ex-nddc Commissioner, 2,000 To APC by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 30, 2019

The exodus from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom State continued on Monday with the defection of a former commissioner representing Akwa Ibom State on the Board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Mr Etim Inyang Jnr, and 2,000 others to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Mr Inyang, the son of a former Inspector-General of Police, Late Chief Etim Inyang, led the group of defectors during the APC campaign rally in Mbo Local Government Area.

Addressing the mammoth crowd at the rally held at Enwang, the local government headquarters, Mr Inyang said he defected to support Obong Nsima Ekere, the APC governorship candidate, to take the state to the next level.

“I am borrowing a leaf from Apostle Paul in the Bible who said that he was not ashamed to follow the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am not ashamed to follow Obong Nsima Ekere from the bottom of my heart because he is the one to take us to the next level,” he said.

He assured Obong Ekere of a clean sweep of Mbo’s 51,112 votes.

Mr Inyang expressed gratitude to Obong Ekere who was barely two weeks in office as Managing Director of NDDC in November 2016 when he made the road leading to the venue of his father’s burial accessible.

Receiving the defectors, Mr Ini Okopido assured them of equal rights and privileges with old members of the party.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/akwa-ibom-pdp-loses-ex-nddc-commissioner-2000-to-apc.html?fbclid=IwAR3-d77HfbNhLnjZ6HbJsy8KjjZfNLjuDYShPEL59-qGSLBpfubcn5i_KGE

Mynd44, lalasticlala

Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Loses Ex-nddc Commissioner, 2,000 To APC by helinues: 7:38am On Jan 30, 2019
Pinshure or
Re: Akwa Ibom PDP Loses Ex-nddc Commissioner, 2,000 To APC by BuhariAdvocate: 7:57am On Jan 30, 2019
Lol tonybacnista will not like this because its not favor them . grin

(1) (Reply)

Police Confirm Kidnap Of Abia APC Chairman / I Will Make Tough Decision To Create Job –buhari / BREAKING: Ambode Finally Submits N852 Billion 2019 Budget For Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.