Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension (412 Views)

SSA To Justice Onnoghen Debunks Rumoured EFCC Raid On Cjn's Residence / How Did Dennis Agharya And ARDI Get Justice Onnoghen's Asset Declaration Form? / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by eyeview: 10:33am On Jan 30, 2019
Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah, the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, on Tuesday said President Muhammadu Buhari’s government has been acting in gross disobedience to court orders with flagrant disregard to rule of law while launching attacks on the media.

Kukah who made this assertion in a lecture delivered at the 70th Anniversary of the Nigerian Tribune Symposium held at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Lagos said by sacking the former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen, President Buhari has broken into and desecrated Nigeria’s Supreme Court.

He said “There have been attacks on the Media and disobedience of the Courts as we can see in the cases of Sambo Dasuki or El Zakzaky whose detentions several Courts have declared illegal. The Government has continued to act in disobedience”.

“Now, they have broken into and desecrated the Supreme Court to install their own Chief Justice. Who will be next? That is the central question we must face before darkness envelopes us. The Rev. Martin Luther King said that a man cannot climb your back unless you bend it”.

“So, as the elections approach, do yourself one favour. You have listened to all the promises that have been made, the ones kept, hurriedly or strategically. Do not get carried away. On Election Day, before heading for the polls, take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself: Am I looking better than I was last year? Do I look healthier? Do I feel more secure?”

“What do I want for my family? Which candidate or Party offers the best opportunity for me to improve my conditions and become a better person, a better and proud citizen? These are the questions. Listen then to Prophet Isaiah who said: Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls (Jer. 6:16)” he said
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by superlanny(m): 10:43am On Jan 30, 2019
This people are part of the problems we have in this country, in the fight against corruption sometimes we need to forget due process, because due process can also be corrupted, in a country where the judiciary works like the speed of a snail, and can be bribed to avert justice, what is judiciary in it again. Bubu you have the support of the millions of sensible and highly intelligent Nigerians.
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by jantofubu(m): 10:45am On Jan 30, 2019
Yen yen yen... grin
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by Samunique(m): 10:50am On Jan 30, 2019
superlanny:
This people are part of the problems we have in this country, in the fight against corruption sometimes we need to forget due process, because due process can also be corrupted, in a country where the judiciary works like the speed of a snail, and can be bribed to avert justice, what is judiciary in it again. Bubu you have the support of the millions of sensible and highly intelligent Nigerians.
U are the real enemy here. undecided

If I may ask u, what empowers Buhari as the President of this nation, is not the same constitution ?

Remove the constitution, then Buhari will be ordinary as every other Nigerian . And now u are advocating that the due process of the law should be suspended in order to fight your so called "CORRUPT" Anti corruption fight.

Then if that's the case, let's suspend everything about our constitution so that everyone will be ordinary Nigerian including Buhari and Nigeria should be in an autopilot, let's see what happens next.

Buhari supporters are the dumbest people i've ever seen on earth !!!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by shakmati(m): 10:50am On Jan 30, 2019
superlanny:

Moumou! Farmers cannot go their farms again because of armed herdsmen and you are talking about lie lie fight against corruption. I feel like beating you up right na!
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by Aboki99(m): 10:54am On Jan 30, 2019
Hehe, free cash handouts has ended and Kukah can't endure just 4 yrs of him being financially independent and fending for himself like ordinary hard working Nigerians are doing. What shop, or specific job has Kukah from 1999 to date? Apart from making verbose noises to blackmail successive govts into buying him over with petro dollars? How did he come about his big Sokoto super mansion which he couldn't finish since Pmb came on board and stopped rents distribution ? Abi Catholic dey pay tithe, my people? Now with this partisan talk, how can Pmb take him piss commitee seriously?
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by eyeview: 11:01am On Jan 30, 2019
superlanny:
Am worried that with the way apc is going, many like you will soon forget what rule of law and tenets of democracy means. Don't you know that every dictator in history did same believing that the exigencies of their moment demanded the removal of due process. And buhari is towing that part and you are clapping
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by ledamaster(m): 11:08am On Jan 30, 2019
superlanny:

Obasanjo like Buhari also claim to be fighting corruption. if people like us who stood up against him then didnt do so, and allowed him to suspend the rule of law, Tinubu would have been jailed, opposing voices lik Buhari woukd have been assasinated and none of you senseless bunch would have the freedom to insukt jonathan or attempt to remove him. Just because you want to have your ways cos you support the man now, the laws of the labd should be suspended. How stupid can people reason? The entire kaws should be tossed aside why? for who? a president thatvhas refused to take responsibilities after thousands of soldiers were killed under his watch? Somekne that values cows over human lives? A president that dines and wines with corrupt people? Just because you want to advance your wicked agenda and to justofy the stipends they pay ypu, we should abandone our laws?. Buhari has never and never will fight corruption. A man himself is corrupt and sectional can never fight corruption. Babachir is still walking free. Maina is still walking free, Ameachi, Fashola and Tinubu are all around him. We refuse the attempt. the excuse to use the fighting corruption to suspend the law is a very well known method of entrenching dictatorship. Buhari has so far not prove to is he has the capacity, fairness and resolve to fight corruption. They accuse all that oppose them of corruption, then.use that as an excuse to over rule the rule of law or to suspend the constitution so that they can do as they Please. Buhari lacks the moral compass, If Baru and kyari can award contracts worth 24billion Us Dollars with out due process and yet Buhari is comfortabkee working wit them only shows Buhari is also corrupt. Corruption is appointing oy.your tribes man.
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by superlanny(m): 11:19am On Jan 30, 2019
ledamaster:

Obasanjo also fought corruption. if people like us who stood up against him disnt do so. Tinubu would be in jail and not be payingvyou stipends to come.here to post rubbish. Buhari was, is, and never will fight corruption.its a very well known method of entrenching dictators. They accuse all that oppose them of corruption, then.use that as an excuse to over rule the rule of law or to suspend the constitution so that they can do as they Please. Buhari lacks the moral compass, If Baru and kyari can award contracts worth 24billion Us Dollars with out due process and yet Buhari is comfortade working wit them only shows Buhari is also corrupt.
I have one question for you, tell me one country in the world where there is no corruption, there is no way it can be stamped out totally, but it can be reduced to the barest minimum, what obj fought then was not corruption, because he himself is the king of thieves
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by ledamaster(m): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2019
superlanny:
I have one question for you, tell me one country in the world where there is no corruption, there is no way it can be stamped out totally, but it can be reduced to the barest minimum, what obj fought then was not corruption, because he himself is the king of thieves
just read what you just wrote. do i need to pointbout glaring corruptiin case in Buharis govt? The real king of thieves now is Buhari. Buhari friends are Akpabio, (24billion efcc case), Osibanjo (5.8billion idp funds missing), Tinubu ( drug baron, looting of IGR and Cert. forgeries. ) Fashola (173million borehole contracts. looting of IGR) Ameacchi (sales of $350million River power planta sales proceeeds), Oshomole(4.5billion Petisiion),. Abba kyari (award of 24billion USDollars oil lifting and services contracts without due process, 3.5billion Aso rock clinic looting ) Malami( reinstatement of maina, attempt to get paid by proxxy legal fees of the abacha loots). Should i continue?
Buhari can and will never fight corruption simply because he lacks the capacity to prosecute his friends, family and associates. You can argue frm here to congo, every senseble human being knws Buhari is not fight corruption. We have survived and gone past dispots and tyrants, we wil neverballow any bigot to throw us back to the dark ages. Buhari wants to rule like Abacha, and we shall resist him.
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by superlanny(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2019
ledamaster:

just read what you just wrote. do i need to pointbout glaring corruptiin case in Buharis govt? The real king of thieves now is Buhari. Buhari friends are Akpabio, (24billion efcc case), Osibanjo (5.8billion idp funds missing), Tinubu ( drug baron, looting of IGR and Cert. forgeries. ) Fashola (173million borehole contracts. looting of IGR) Ameacchi (sales of $350million River power planta sales proceeeds), Oshomole(4.5billion Petisiion),. Abba kyari (award of 24billion USDollars oil lifting and services contracts without due process, 3.5billion Aso rock clinic looting ) Malami( reinstatement of maina, attempt to get paid by proxxy legal fees of the abacha loots). Should i continue?
Buhari can and will never fight corruption simply because he lacks the capacity to prosecute his friends, family and associates. You can argue frm here to congo, every senseble human being knws Buhari is not fight corruption. We have survived and gone past dispots and tyrants, we wil neverballow any bigot to throw us back to the dark ages. Buhari wants to rule like Abacha, and we shall resist him.
you sound like a child of hate, and I don't argue with such people, Buhari and all APC are thieves, that is what you people use to console yourself and justify trying to bring in those that destroyed this country in the first place, God will not let us go back into oblivion.Amen.
Re: President Buhari Desecrated Supreme Court With Justice Onnoghen’s Suspension by ledamaster(m): 1:15pm On Feb 05, 2019
superlanny:
you sound like a child of hate, and I don't argue with such people, Buhari and all APC are thieves, that is what you people use to console yourself and justify trying to bring in those that destroyed this country in the first place, God will not let us go back into oblivion.Amen.

the entity called Nigeria didnt start in 1999. Nigeria was not a developed natiin before 1999. So STFU with this normal PDP giberish. Tinubu has been in control of lagos, yet Lagos is still a poohole. Wprst city to live in and all. Or is Lagos a london?
If Nigeria was left tobprwctice democracy from 1980- now we would have been a miuon times better than now. Buhari marshalled thevtoppling of our democrarically elected government. And sisnce the. Nigeria has never been better. So gerrara here with that nonsense talk.
Its only fools that woukd think Buhari is better Atiku, a man that balues cows over human lives. What has he achieved? obsolutely nothing oy blane game. Not to worry since he has shown he is more interested in creating problems and blaming others, we shall send him back to oppostion where such qualities are needed.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Has Learnt His Lessons, I Can Vouch For Him, Not Buhari, Says Obasanjo / Fashola Dragged To Court For Stealing This Hugh Amount Of Money / 2019 Elections: Association Of White Witches Endorse Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.