Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Art Is Getting More Recognition On Instagram Make Use Of It. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Art Is Getting More Recognition On Instagram Make Use Of It. (760 Views)

How To Make Use Of Canva To Earn Thousands Of Dollars On Fiverr(with Proof) / My Hyper Realistic Sketch Of 2pac....tupac...i Made Use Of Red Biro (pen) / How Much Can You Make On Instagram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Art Is Getting More Recognition On Instagram Make Use Of It. by Khalpenter: 1:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
Instagram is one of the best ways to promote your art on social media. So I have compiled three ways to get your art noticed on Instagram for any emerging artist or creative person out there. I have gathered all these tips from my personal experience as an artist on Instagram recently after posting one of the living legend DAVIDO ADELEKE’s sculptural piece on Instagram.

I hope this helps you if you’re just starting out and need a step-by-step guide to help you along the way in growing your art business.

So without further ado, let’s get started and I hope you learn something new to up your Instagram game big-time

1. Set Up Your Instagram Profile For Success!
In order to get your art noticed on Instagram, make sure you have a profile picture that stands out: Have it be your logo, a professional photo of you as the artist, or a photo of your art.
For your Bio, make sure to add relevant keywords (These keywords will depend on your niche… what type of artist are you?). Feel free to also add a little blurb about yourself for a personal touch

Make Your Feed Is Beautiful!
Spend some time learning the ropes of how to make your feed beautiful.
Make sure your lighting is good: Try to take photos during the day. Also, I find it helps to be in a room with white walls. From personal experience, I live in a rented house with dull, mustard-like yellow walls and it’s a no go when it comes to taking pictures: It skews the colors of any object I take a picture of and it takes a lot of work to readjust the colors as close to how it is in real life.

Post Consistently
When I first started out with my art Instagram page, I made sure to post 1-2 times per day. This is very important! If you have a business account with Instagram, you’ll be able to see it in your analytics. I know for me, the days I don’t post to Instagram, my analytics definitely take a nose-dive on the days I don’t post. If you don’t post, you won’t get impressions, you won’t get engagement, and thus you will not get profile views nor as many followers. So post 1-2 times a day!

Follow Other Artists
Follow other artists you admire, respect, and most importantly, engage with you. You want to build a fun, supporting community around you, so start making friends and follow other artists! (Plus, they may in-turn fall in love with your work and follow you back).

Engage with the Art Community
In order to get your art noticed on Instagram, it’s imperative that you engage with the art community on Instagram. This is the method that helped me the most when I first started posting Davido’s bust on my Instagram:

Like, like, and like as many posts related to your niche as you can. Don’t be selective when it comes to likes: Like as many art-related photos as you can. When you like the photos of others, you are not only helping their Instagram pages, but you are bringing your profile in front of their’s (They will be able to see that you liked one of their photos). I find that there are many people who will like your photos back or even comment or follow you. So like away, my friends.

When someone comments on your photo, take time to comment back, especially in the first hour of you posting to Instagram. With Instagram’s new 2018 Algorithm, the more engagement you have on your posts within that first hour, the more that post will reach a wider audience.

Care for your followers: If they show you love, show you care and engage with them and follow them up by messaging them a thank you message and that’s how to get started and if you need more help don’t hesitate to dm me @khal_bearded

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Design Your Augmented Reality Interactive Business Card | Quytech / Explaining Complex Information / Nairalander Organizes Photography Training In Lagos At Discounted Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.