Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? (764 Views)

Who Needs This Phone, New Nokia Torch / Just When I Thought I've Seen It All - A Transparent Samsung Galaxy S9 / Top 8 Smartphones With 4G Support And Big Batteries That Cost Less Than N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? by JuneGemini: 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
You know how they say, “You don’t know you are in bondage until you experience freedom”? That’s what the case here can be likened to. Like, who remembers the days of blackberry and early android when we were using 2G and 3G? Of which we would even turn off 3G sometimes to conserve battery and save data and be feeling cool. Next thing, 4G came to sweep us off our feet. While some people are still trying to get a hang of the whole 4G situation and how the internet speed is mad and some are still even managing their 3G jeje, Huawei has launched 5G chipset on 24th January called BALONG 5000. Like, I don’t understand, on what level are we going to be operating with this 5G internet abeg? Is it that the webpage will open before you search for it or the movie will download before you hit download. LMAO. Next thing now, people in the same state with you will be operating on a different time zone because 5G. I’m just here wondering shaa, because when we think we have arrived with technology, another one hits us in the face like BAM!!! And then we realize that what we have is child’s play. BTW, Huawei seems to be doing the absolute most since last year. Back to back something, giving other ICT companies a run for their money.

1 Share

Re: Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
That's how I heard LG and Samsung is planning on introduction of 8k quantum led tv when most of us haven't even finished exploring 4k.

How on earth will the graphics look on 8k considering how crystal clear 4k is..

Very soon internet call will take over from ordinary voice call and that maybe the end of recharge cards as banks are now offering recharge codes.
Re: Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? by Abfinest007(m): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
still waiting patiently
Re: Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? by ComradeShegs(m): 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
Here

Re: Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? by wwwmaster: 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? by khalhokage(m): 6:04am On Jan 31, 2019
ComradeShegs:
Here

They said the same thing about WiFi, 2G, 3G and 4G.

Whenever a new technology comes out, there's always a new technophobic rumor to go along with it.
Re: Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? by olahero(m): 6:24am On Jan 31, 2019
LG is in the kitchen cooking 6G, 5G is under development and test running is going on in CHINA and some other developed country.

Huawei and ZTE lead the 5G stuff though.
Re: Who Needs 4G When I Can Get 5G? by kingharzy: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
undecided

Guess what? ? Uncle Sam is strangling Huawei, ZTE and a host of other China guys at the lead. . . Making way for LG, AT&T, SPRINT, SAMSUNG, VODACOM, APPLE and a host of other western sharks. . . . . . .
Airtel and 9mobile are still dragging 4G with us in Kaduna.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 4pro With Xpen For Sale / Grab This Opportunity.... Infinix Hot 6 Pro... Like New.. No Dent... / Where Can I Get Gionee Spare Parts. My M6 Mirror Panel Is Hard To Find

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.