Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo (644 Views)

Shehu Sani To Obi: Tinubu, Atiku & Buhari Do Not Apologise For Their Supporters / It’s Now All About Nigerians Vs Buhari - Obasanjo / Atiku: Buhari Would Have Arrested Me If I Am Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by zakim(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
A former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, on Wednesday said his recent observations in the well publicised letter to President Muhammadu Buhari are already coming to pass barely two weeks after.

Obasanjo also declared that he has totally forgiven his former Vice President and current presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar for all he might have done to him and against him.

He disclosed this at the Quarterly Business lecture organized by the Lagos Island Club which was delivered by Atiku today in Lagos.

He said he has been called several names because of his position on Atiku, adding that he stands by his statements on him.

Obasanjo also said he stands by his comments on President Buhari, saying all he said about him which cannot be refuted are already coming to pass.

He said though Atiku is neither a saint nor the Messiah, he has the qualities to take Nigeria out of the woods.

He said: “I have been called names because of my position on Atiku Abubakar, the Waziri Adamawa. Everything I have said as far as I have knowledge of Atiku, I have not retracted and I stand firmly by them because they are to the best of my knowledge true.

“And neither has what I have said and written about Buhari been controverted; if anything, they have been confirmed and proved beyond any shadow of doubt.

“But Atiku has done three things which are absolutely imperative for a leader to be followed and believed. First, know who you are and present yourself as you are – a human being in blood and flesh and susceptible to human mistakes and human frailties. Don’t cover up with sanctimonious veneer of bogus integrity, incorruptibility, uprightness, goodness and false figures and statistics, all of which are contrived to deceive, to cheat, to plunder and to destroy.”

Obasanjo said he is confident that majority of Nigerians would vote for the PDP candidate whom he said he had forgiven wholeheartedly according to the dictate of his faith as a Christian.

“Secondly, a leader must be honest to himself and to the people he serves or he wants to serve. He must identify and acknowledge his situation, mistakes, shortcomings and inadequacy; show remorse where and when he has erred, seek forgiveness and repent; and not passing the bulk or keep blaming others and fail to accept responsibility.

“Atiku accepts responsibility for his mistakes, shows remorse and seeks forgiveness from his political party and subsequently from Nigerians.

“He asks for forgiveness from me and as a believer, a Christian as such, I forgave him in accordance with the teaching and instruction of my Saviour.

“For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins (Matt 6:14-15 NIV).

“If anybody blames me for forgiving Atiku, I leave such a person with God Almighty, especially as both Christian and Islamic clerics joined Atiku to visit me to seek forgiveness.

“Anybody who does not forgive when forgiveness is sought with contrite heart cannot be a true believer and should not expect the forgiveness of God,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-stand-by-my-comments-on-atiku-buhari-obasanjo.html
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by deboysben(m): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku is better than buhari in all aspect

2 Likes

Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by ekiyorA(m): 6:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
You came late sir. The minds of Nigerians are already made up on who to vote. Your comment wont change anything.
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by WonderManly(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
Baba don talk... Thats why am voting Atiku/Obi. I know God will also forgive nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by Baawaa(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
ha
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by sammy99(m): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
Zombies will not like dis

OBJ has spoken

watch zombies come to attack him now especially d afonjas supporting d lifeless one.

1 Like

Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by budaatum: 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2019
Can someone please remind us what this senile fool wrote about Atiku again. I might have just forgotten!

1 Like

Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by Corrinthians(m): 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
One of such comments is that Atiku is a compulsive thief with a penchant for dishonesty. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by millhouse: 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
Brilliant
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by Abortions: 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
deboysben:
Atiku is better than buhari in all aspect
you are right but I think this country is cursed. Darkness everywhere. May God help us
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by budaatum: 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
Let us all therefore thank the senile fool for standing by his words!

I thank you lovely people for reminding me!
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by rainylad(f): 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
Its funny how APC morrons are condemning those supporting Obasanjo now,crying over the fact that they use to condemn him when he was supporting buhari..

Meanwhile same APC bingos who are abusing and calling Obasanjo a gorrilla now use to hail him to high heavens in 2015/2016 as well..

Bunch of hypocrites,same way you insult and call Atiku "corrupt" yet worship Akpabio,Oriji Uzor Kalu who had pending EFCC cases for their criminality as well as the bourdillon junkie with tattered brown-teeth and other APC crooks.

Circus Jesters fooling themselves they and their thieving party APC is "pything kwarapshan"
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by budaatum: 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
rainylad:

Meanwhile same APC bingos who are abusing and calling Obasanjo a gorrilla now use to hail him to high heavens in 2015/2016 as well.
Hailed him in 2015/2016? Perhaps dem just born you!

Some of us hailed him in '79 when he became the first military head of state to hand over to a civilian government. After then though, it seems his brain just died or maybe a clone took over from him in prison!
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by rainylad(f): 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
budaatum:

Hailed him in 2015/2016? Perhaps dem just born you!

Some of us hailed him in '79 when he became the first military head of state to hand over to a civilian government. After then though, it seems his brain just died or maybe a clone took over from him in prison!

You may be a methuselah aged a thousand years,i care less....99% of Yorubas hailed and encouraged him when he wrote letters to Jonathan, dramatically tore his PDP membership card and aligned with buhari/APC in 2015!!!

Fast-forwrad 2019 and suddenly he is a monkey and gorilla who should be crushed according to same yorubas simply because he is now against buhari
Re: I Stand By My Comments On Atiku, Buhari – Obasanjo by budaatum: 7:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
rainylad:

You may be a methuselah aged a thousand years,i care less....99% of Yorubas hailed and encouraged him when he wrote letters to Jonathan, dramatically tore his PDP membership card and aligned with buhari/APC in 2015!!!

Fast-forwrad 2019 and suddenly he is a monkey and gorilla who should be crushed according to same yorubas simply because he is now against buhari

I'm not against him because he is against Buhari. His constant flip flopping should make sensible people wonder!

(1) (Reply)

Maiduguri: Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Elections: INEC, Agbaje Trade Words Over Seizing Of Non-indigenes’ Pvcs In Lagos / What To Do If The Government Shuts Down The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.