Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest (24731 Views)

Lagos Lawmakers Told Ambode To Resign Or Be Impeached / JUST IN: Lagos Lawmakers Move To Impeach Gov Akinwunmi Ambode - TVC / Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by dre11(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
by Oziegbe Okoeki

Lagos lawmakers have gone into an emergency meeting possibly due to massive protest on Wednesday by concerned Lagosians against alleged plans to impeach Governor Akinwunmi Ambode

Though agenda of the meeting was not known, sources close to the Assembly said it may not be unconnected with the issue of Ambode’s impeachment over which hundreds of his admirers registered their protest at the Assembly earlier.

The Assembly had adjourned sitting till next Monday but suddenly summoned members for an emergency meeting on Wednesday after the protest.

Usually, pressmen are not allowed into parliamentary meetings solely for the lawmakers.

However, anxious House correspondents hung around the Assembly’s premises for outcome of the meeting, which was still as at 7pm.

Feelers had it that the meeting was called to deliberate on the issue of Ambode, whom the House had ordered to appear before them on Monday to defend the infractions levelled against him or faced impeachment.

The Assembly had accused Ambode of alleged gross misconduct and spending money from the 2019 budget that had not yet been laid or approved by the House.

Speaker Mudashiru Obasa had told members who wished Ambode should be impeached to start collecting signatures in readiness to impeach the governor.

But hundreds of supporters loyal to Ambode stormed the Assembly to protest the planned impeachment on Wednesday’s morning.

The protesters, in their number marched to the Assembly and caused traffic gridlock.

The protesters carried placards, saying that any move to impeach Ambode would disrupt the coming election, adding that the governor should be allowed to complete his tenure.

The protesters said the governor did not deserve the treatment he was getting from the party, saying they should leave the governor alone.

The House of Assembly had moved to impeach Ambode over what they called gross misconduct and spending part of the 2019 budget that had not been presented to the Assembly for approval.

They gave the governor one week to appear before the House to explain the infractions levelled against him.

The protesters, under the aegis of the Lagos People’s Assembly (LPA), said as a critical civil society stakeholder in the Lagos Project, they were gravely concerned with the unfolding political drama in the state which might degenerate to a logjam if not handled with the best of statesmanship kits.

“We are fully conscious of the historical truism that under a constitutional democracy, the executive and legislative arms of government must seamlessly work in harmony to deliver the dividends of democracy for the people.

‘’Both arms are equal partners in the business of constitutional, democratic governance.’’

http://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-lawmakers-emergency-meeting-massive-pro-ambode-protest/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by samlake(m): 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
They should just leave the governor to finish in peace...

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by hisexcellency34: 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
Why did fatty bom bom Ambode too start a fight he cannot finish calling the anointed Sanwoolu a drug addict like his father Tinubu?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by magoo10(m): 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
It is a shame that a state house of assembly like that of Lagos is being used to do hatchet job for a druggist and frog eyed godfather.
Those idiots do not deserve to be lawmakers

Tinubu O to ge
Enough is enough

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by id911(m): 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
We all know Ambode is a coward but the useless Tinubu lawmakers should leave him alone

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by Sirjamo: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
I still don't understand why Ambode allowed himself to get so deep into this mess

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by Tunasco4u(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
I swear i can never vote Atiku,these program the candidate expose him a lot he has nothing to offer grin grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by TheAngry1: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
ok
Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
It is still a mystery how Lagos with all its history and sophistication will allow a brown teeth drug lord hold them captive and corruptly amassing generational wealth in the process

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by nastyesco(m): 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
Men them just dey dirty ambode like small pikin wey poo for body.
Dedicated to Lanre Gentry...the gods are fighting ur battle as Ambo bn dey nack Mercy na him Jagaban ‘em dey nack am now

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by ainas247: 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
wink Na ambode caused all this.. See how they are disgracing you because of babat sope..

Rank your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see new results
Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by Eliteklaus(m): 8:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
Decamp from the Apc and get Atikulated now before it is too late

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by enemyofprogress: 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
God punish them

My Virginity Is Coming Back Small Small... I Can Feel It....

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by phransix2: 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
Can someone tell me what Ambode did to Tinubu? Cos I dont understand... U disgraced him by making him loose primaries. Primaries oh not election... I think that was the first time in Nigeria history an incumbent governor lost out in primaries. You forced him to support ur candidate for the love of the party, he did so. Now u want to impeach him...

Ambode performed more than all the APC governors seeking re-election even the President inclusive.

Please let AMBODE be!

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by Easykel21(m): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
Lagosians eh.....very confused set of human beings
Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by millionboi2: 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
Childish

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
smiley
Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
Sirjamo:
I still don't understand why Ambode allowed himself to get so deep into this mess
u sabi jare... Now sins that have and has always been pardoned are brought to limelight... olorun ma je a te grin#Arrogancy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by gabbytabby: 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
Make them leave the man jo. He has been punished for his political sins ke.

You cannot take away the good he has done for Lagos. We will still route for him to bea federal minister.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by tatibillion: 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
While the CJN suspension is a distraction and maybe a blow to the credibility of the upcoming national election, here is a clear and precise summary of the stories which I feel the average Nigerian should just be aware of. Plus a factual analysis of the situation and solution by SAN Femi Falana

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by Dollabiz: 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
why is this happening.in.late hour
Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
[quote author=hisexcellency34 post=75268636]Why did fatty bom bom Ambode too start a fight he cannot finish calling the anointed Sanwoolu a drug addict like his father Tinubu?[/quote

Who put the amala in your skull as brain?
Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by lateezy(f): 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
let him just finish in peace
Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
Tunasco4u:
I swear i can never vote Atiku,these program the candidate expose him a lot he has nothing to offer grin grin grin

But he is still far more better than Buhari

20 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest by Ayobami7(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2019
好的

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Asteroid Or Meteor Will Hit The Earth On September 24, 2015 / Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Buhari Orders Central Bank To Halt Payment For Food And Fertilizer Imports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.