Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,809 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Are Properties Owners Unwilling To Rent Their Properties To Atheists? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Are Properties Owners Unwilling To Rent Their Properties To Atheists? (384 Views)

Help! Landlords Are Worried To Rent Out Their Properties To Me As A Freelancer. / Landlord Or Landlady, Which Of These Do You Prefer To Rent Their Houses?? / Igbo Woman Says Yoruba Landlords Have Refused To Let Her Rent Their Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Properties Owners Unwilling To Rent Their Properties To Atheists? by GreatResearcher: 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2019
My experienced as an atheist coming to start life in the Eastern part of Nigeria.

I find it very hard to rent an apartment even with my money.

When I meet a owner of a house through an agent, they ask me questions like 'Are you a Christian? Which church do you attend?' and when I tell them I'm an atheist their faces changed all of a sudden and they willl tell me they can't give out their house to an atheist.

Same thing in doing business with them. Once they realized I'm an atheist they will pull out from the business deal.

Some say 'A person who does not regard God is capable of doing harm to them'.
Re: Why Are Properties Owners Unwilling To Rent Their Properties To Atheists? by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:44am On Jan 31, 2019
GreatResearcher:
My experienced as an atheist coming to start life in the Eastern part of Nigeria.

I find it very hard to rent an apartment even with my money.

When I meet a owner of a house through an agent, they ask me questions like 'Are you a Christian? Which church do you attend?' and when I tell them I'm an atheist their faces changed all of a sudden and they willl tell me they can't give out their house to an atheist.

Same thing in doing business with them. Once they realized I'm an atheist they will pull out from the business deal.

Some say 'A person who does not regard God is capable of doing harm to them'.

I am also an atheist, but i keep it to myself. To the outside world, i am a christian.
Re: Why Are Properties Owners Unwilling To Rent Their Properties To Atheists? by GreatResearcher: 8:05am On Jan 31, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
I am also an atheist, but i keep it to myself. To the outside world, i am a christian.
Don't be afraid or ashamed to let the world know who u are. If I may ask, when the outside world see u as a Christian, how do u cope when they come to shove their belief into ur throat?
Re: Why Are Properties Owners Unwilling To Rent Their Properties To Atheists? by CyberEBOLA(m): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Don't be afraid or ashamed to let the world know who u are. If I may ask, when the outside world see u as a Christian, how do u cope when they come to shove their belief into ur throat?
I simply play along for the few moment, i cant let my disbelief hinder my progress. Infact, when i was renting an apartment, i boldly stated that i am a christian i even added that i am a singer in RCCG church.
That aside, imagine applying for a job or contract, and getting disqualified just for not believing in God.
Anyway, i don't go to church, pray or fast.... but when i need to be a christian to get what i need, i dont hesitate.
FOR ME, IT PAYS TO BE A SILENT ATHEIST.
Re: Why Are Properties Owners Unwilling To Rent Their Properties To Atheists? by GreatResearcher: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
I simply play along for the few moment, i cant let my disbelief hinder my progress. Infact, when i was renting an apartment, i boldly stated that i am a christian i even added that i am a singer in RCCG church.
That aside, imagine applying for a job or contract, and getting disqualified just for not believing in God.
Anyway, i don't go to church, pray or fast.... but when i need to be a christian to get what i need, i dont hesitate.
FOR ME, IT PAYS TO BE A SILENT ATHEIST.
U have a point. I will play along

(1) (Reply)

Invest Now Into Ur Future, Secure Plots Within Worldcl Estates With High Returns / *FOR SALE* 6 Bedroom Duplex On 2000sqm On Oduduwa Way, Ikeja GRA / Homemovers, Logistics, Movement Of Goods, We Are Ready!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.