Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

How Do I Choose A Business Model For My Start-up? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Choose A Business Model For My Start-up? (208 Views)

Trying To Name My Start-up Solar Business / In Need Of A Competent Team For My Start Up Company / Things To Consider Before You Choose An Online Business Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Choose A Business Model For My Start-up? by MrSlimmz: 12:47am On Jan 31, 2019
Question: How Do I Choose A Business Model For My Start-Up?

Samuel Adoji, Okene

Answer: Your business model, simply defined, is how your business plans to create value, and make money.

Every business does one or more of three things: It makes, markets or delivers a product or service, and determines the markets to enter. In searching for your start-up model, you should consider the following:

Product or Service: Make and sell your own product or service.

You can produce and distribute your product or service through different channels. Example: Product Manufacturer or Service Provider.

Reseller: Find a product or service produced by a third party producer, represent the producer, and make profit from the difference between the price you get it from the producer and the price you sell it to the end users. Example: Distributor of fast-moving goods.
Broker: Bring buyer and seller together and charge a fee for the transaction. Example: Real Estate Agent.
Platform: Build a community and charge a fee for gaining access to it. Example: Membership Club.
In picking your business model, you should consider the following factors:

Size Up The Market: Determine the market for your idea. Does it have enough customers who are experiencing the problem your idea is trying to solve? Are they willing and able to pay for the solution to their problem? Will your business make profit if you go into a narrow niche in the market?

The Competition: Study the businesses doing what you want to do. What are they offering? Can you see a gap for you to improve on their offer? The performance of your potential competitors will give you an indication of the state of your target market and signal what you must do to succeed in it.

Your Target Customer: Define the character and qualities of the customer you plan to serve. This will give you a view of the market and the best ways to access it.

Your Value Offer: Click here to continue reading

(1) (Reply)

Free Mini Importation Training! 100% Practical / Tippers Of 30ton Bucket Size Available For Hire( Howo And Mark) / Buy Facebook, Amazon And Apple, Stocks With Cryptocurrency Via Abra App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.