Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment (8397 Views)

ObdII D900 Car Scanner / Wireless Elm327 Diagnostic OBDII Car Scanner / OBD / EOBD / OBD II Diagnostic Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
An invaluable tool for the correct diagnosis, and maintenance of all OBD / OBDII / EOBD-compliant cars manufactured from 1996 onwards. Mac Tools, for those in the know, needs no introduction. Mac Tools is an American-based company, and the main competitor of Snap-On tools.

The Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD code reader / scanner, the ET80 is simplicity itself. It provides DIY / Professionals easy and quick access to Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) and their definitions on all OBDII / EOBD-compliant vehicles sold worldwide since 1996. It's small, yet powerful enough to retrieve the same information as larger, more expensive scanners.

Features and functions:

* Works with all 1996 and later OBDII compliant US, European and Asian vehicles.
* Easily determines the cause of the "Check Engine Light (MIL)".
* Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes, and pending codes.
* Turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), clears codes and resets monitors.
* Displays DTC definitions on unit screen.
* Views freeze frame data.
* Displays monitors and I/M readiness status (emissions).
* Trilingual interface and DTC definitions in English, French or Spanish.
* Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CID and CVN).
* Supports CAN (Controller Area Network) and all other current OBDII protocols.
* Updateable online (free).
* Easy to use, and extremely reliable.

I have been trialling these units for the past 5 weeks, and they work extremely well. My main line is VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) which includes Audi, Seat, Skoda, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, Bentley and Scania, though I have trialled the Mac ET80 on Japanese models, with good results.

I have these items at hand or as said in Nigeria "on ground". All pictures displayed are my own, the vehicle appearing in the pictures is none other than my B6 Audi A4 3,0L V6 Quattro. I do not use pictures off the 'net, or library images. I will only advertise what I carry in stock.

Cost per unit is N52,000. This includes delivery via DHL, which takes 3 - 5 working days. DHL service is fully trackable, and insured. I can offer discounts for multiple orders. I am leaving my contact details here, both email and 'phone number, though I would rather transactions were carried out here on Nairaland, for others to see.

I can provide support if required.

Email: siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 7818 228 225

Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by AGARIautos: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2010
VERY MUCH INTERESTED WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, HOWEVER, CAN SCAN RESULTS BE FULLY INTERPRETED AND PRINTED OUT? IF M.I.L IS ON, CAN THIS TOOL SAFELY LEAD TO CLEARING THE SITUATION? I.E. DIAGNOSING AND THE NECESSARY REPAIRS REQUIRED TO FIX IT?
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ Agari: The Mac ET80 will display codes that can be readily interpreted, it will clear trouble codes too. However, it's best to rectify what caused the MIL / CEL to illuminate in the first instance.

It will not print out results, though you can store them, and recall them later for reference.
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by AGARIautos: 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2010
QUITE INTERESTING, WILL GET BACK TO YOU LATER, THANKS.
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ No worries.
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ Another spammer!

Please, start your own thread, and don't derail mine. angry
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by waoosa(m): 11:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
Siena,
am here now. will contact you soon via this thread.
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ That's fine. Look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2010
More units in stock, stock changing daily.
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by mishooo(m): 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2010
Siena, I already have the Auto diagnostic Software from Ross Tech on my Laptop but i need just the HEX+CAN interface that can work with USB. How much can i have that sent across to Lagos?
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 11, 2011
mishooo:

Siena, I already have the Auto diagnostic Software from Ross Tech on my Laptop but i need just the HEX+CAN interface that can work with USB. How much can i have that sent across to Lagos?

Sorry, just seen this.

I always advice using an older serial connector with diagnostic equipment, as speed isn't really essential, but a stable connection is needed. A USB may lose transmission, which will require you to re-start the task you were on.

Of course, if your laptop doesn't possess serial ports, then USB is your only option. There are several on Ebay, if you haven't already bought one.
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by oblo(m): 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2011
Sienna, nice to know u have this, still available @same price? How easy is it to use and is there a handbook to go with it to know diff codes and error interpretations./

Thanks
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2011
Still available at the same price, yes. Comes with manual, and list of trouble codes with their definitions.
Re: Mac Tools OBDII / EOBD Diagnostic Equipment by AutoSol(m): 1:38pm On May 26, 2011
Hi Everyone on this thread

You can now get your tools in Nigeria from Automobile Solutions Ltd.

We provide various diagnostic tools with varied capabilities. We provide tools ranging from N10,000 to N1,000,000 and we do offers every now and then.

We have tools such as Launch X431 Master, Launch Diagun, Autoboss V30, Intelligent Tester, Mercedes Benz Star. We also provide key programming tools such as MVP, SBB, AK400 for Benz and so on. We also provide diagnostic software such as AllData and AutoData.

For those who are not car experts, who are just owners but willing to diagnose their cars before taking to the mechanic, we also have small handheld scanners or diagnostic interfaces you can connect to your laptops and we will configure it for you at no cost.

We are also major suppliers of tools from Launch UK & Actron(in Ohio, USA).

We are on 3rd floor, 80/81 Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos. Beside GTB.

Our contact number is 07090537841 or 07082787671 or email us on automobilesolutionsng@yahoo.com. Be on the lookout for out website www.automobilesolutionsng.com (still under construction). We have very interesting services and products coming on soon on our website.

Call today to find out what we have.

PLEASE NOTE WE ALSO SUPPLY ORIGINAL LAND ROVER PARTS FROM SOURCED FROM UK.

PLEASE DON'T RISK YOUR MONEY SENDING IT TO CHINA TO BUY WHAT YOU CANNOT SEE.

(1) (Reply)

. / 2010 Toyota Camry Xle Full Option Toks / 2000 Audi A6 C4 -tokunbo - For Dash ! - SOLD...!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.