Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,339 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates (1657 Views)

Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. / Atiku Abubakar And Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Posters Flood Social Media / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar And Ademola Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by SEONaijaExpert: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2019
As a Nigerian it's important to take watch of sensitive questions that was asked but was answered with irrelevant humor or outrightly omitted intentionally.

I stand to state clearly here that these sensitive questions were borne from issues that concerns the situation of the nation and hence, cannot be ignored.

1) Atiku claimed to have been involved in the anti corruption campaign under Obasanjo that recovered $4 billion but he doesn't believe in prosecution of corrupt individual.

Which mean in a simple understanding, steal the money, and we shall collect whatever is left back and if you give us, we would let you go free.

2) He claimed he is the most investigated politician, the question is who and who investigated Atiku?

3) Atiku boldly answered that when the shites blocked the army, the army should have invited the police.

Does he understand what he actually said? That was a joke too far.

4) He admitted that one of his mistakes as head of economic team was the misappropriation of educational funds.

Let me state here that, at that time, the educational funds were disburse to several platforms and federal agencies headed by his friends. Which means he obviously has been enriching his friends before now.

5) Atiku admitted to making mistake in policy implementation as concerning privatization. Obviously, NITEL couldn't value much again and was sold 1/5 of the initial value.

6) When asked about the implication of his wife in the case of fraud in the US, Atiku declared that his wife is an American. That must be a joke!

7) Kadaria claimed himself and Volpi owns Intels and at that time they were giving government contracts to them. Atiku claimed he didn't own Intels and obviously he does.

8 ) Atiku agreed that the economy was doing fairly well before APC came into power in 2015 (don't forget NOI warned us of coming recession) so it was a gradual economic disintegration.

9) Atiku was asked why he should be elected by Nigerians, he was referring to the achievements of APC. Lack of focus!

10) Obi suddenly became a stammerer and couldn't clearly explain why he used the money of Anambra's people to enrich his family via the brewery he brought. (I would say Willie Obiano was right about him)

11) Atiku was asked about EFCC reforms and if he prosecute his friends.

He went ahead to mention the judiciary as the problem and delayed cases in court. It makes me wonder if it is not the same rot and unethical practices that he has been publicly and fully supporting in Onnoghen

12) Atiku claim the farmers Anchors programme was fake. This was a terrible gaffe and I've chosen to write specifically on this because, the facts, figures and proofs of the impact of this programme are too obvious to ignore or rubbish.

13) Atiku said he lifted 45,000 thousands family out of poverty via his microfinance bank loan.

It's obvious that figure calling on national TV is very easy especially when there are no means or measures of verification.

I looked at Adamawa rank in poverty list of the states in Nigeria and specifically the top 10 and Adamawa state is presently ranked No. 1. What is this man saying exactly? What impact has he made in Adamawa as vice-president for 8 years? In Yola, I was rightly informed that anything Atiku are the most expensive in the state. How has he made life truly easy for his own people?

14) In August 2018, Obasanjo listed the many crimes of Atiku and accordingly claimed that he won't forgive him. As a result of the question asked from the audience, related issue was raised.

In response, Atiku didn't denial his crimes neither did he rebut the dent on his personality as rightly asked but he went ahead to say if Obasanjo has now changed his mind, then that's it.

For Peter Obi, he supported Atiku by talking about referee and replays in football matches.

Before we get carried away, the big issue is, the forgiveness of Obasanjo does not mean Atiku didn't commit the said crimes under Obasanjo and it's a pity that such question was once again answered with irrelevant comics.

To my personal observations:

* Atiku seem to be making sense to gullible minds because of the group of persons clapping at almost every statement Atiku made. Kinda makes me wonder how much they were paid.

* In Atiku and Obi, I saw two politicians always on the defensive and counterattacking the interviewer instead of stating clearly there agenda, making Kadaria look like she's witch hunting them with questions.

* Obi appears like a joker, he was a comedian than a politician and he playfully dodge several questions to the point that the Moderator asked him several times to be serious.

* PDP audience lacked comportment, they made the town hall meeting a rowdy and intimidating for Kadaria but she held her turf. At a time she asked them to have respect for Nigerians who are watching this.

I think above all opinions and sentiments, the performance of Atiku and Obi in reference to PDP governance for 16 years and prospectives of this duo for Nigeria if elected does not have a solid structure that can carry this nation.

Matured comments are expected from sane minds else it will be ignored infinitely.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Fedayeen02: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2019
I'm a veteran here and I consider replying you a lecture instead of for argumentative talk.

1) Atiku claimed to have been involved in the anti corruption campaign under Obasanjo that recovered $4 billion but he doesn't believe in prosecution of corrupt individual.

Which mean in a simple understanding, steal the money, and we shall collect whatever is left back and if you give us, we would let you go free

Atiku never said he doesn't believe in prosecuting corrupt officials rather he made it known that there should be room for plea bargain and a return of corrupt proceeds from the looters after a thorough investigation.
This method is used everywhere because it saves time and cost for the government and it shapes the corrupt individual. A case in point is Orji Kalu who is still in court for corruption since 2007 I.e when you were still in creche and today he is walking free and the government wasting almost same amount of money of proceeds of his corruption trying to prosecute him

2) He claimed he is the most investigated politician, the question is who and who investigated Atiku

Atiku was investigated by Nuhu Ribadu during the get days of Obj but he was never convicted nor him being dragged to court for it which means that we only vilified him because someone was feeling disgruntled with him and there was no news to occupy our national space so such wild allegations became news for them.
Can we also say Tinubu is the most corrupt politician since he was rumored to be corrupt by same Obj

3) Atiku boldly answered that when the shites blocked the army, the army should have invited the police.

Does he understand what he actually said? That was a joke too far

Did you really type this sad Remind me the job of the armed forces and also the police then you will know that the constitutional job of the Police was usurped by the army and it lead to deaths that will be a stain on Nigeria for long. The Army personnel that carried out that action has a case to answer for extra judicial KILLINGS and trust me they can't go Scot free

4) He admitted that one of his mistakes as head of economic team was the misappropriation of educational funds.

Let me state here that, at that time, the educational funds were disburse to several platforms and federal agencies headed by his friends. Which means he obviously has been enriching his friends before now

It takes a Man to admit his mistakes in private but a REAL MAN does so in public. Atiku said they made mistakes in allowing states and local governments to manage the educational funds without monitoring how the funds were manage by them.
Please show me the companies and friends of Atiku that benefited from the educational funds so that I can join you in calling him out

5) Atiku admitted to making mistake in policy implementation as concerning privatization. Obviously, NITEL couldn't value much again and was sold 1/5 of the initial value

He admitted mistakes in privatisation and NITELwas already in the red with a lot of companies bidding peanuts for it because of the liabilities inherent in it and also GSM was the cash cow then which NITEL mobile arm Mtel was still grappling to stay afloat

I'm not calling out Buhari here because I don't need to compare Atiku to a Buhari that's not worth being a Whatsapp group admin.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Fedayeen02: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2019

6) When asked about the implication of his wife in the case of fraud in the US, Atiku declared that his wife is an American. That must be a joke

[i]
Truth is i don't understand your use of English in this place so I will only answer according to my understanding which is ATIKU CANNOT GO TO US but today ATIKU HAS VISITED US so I don't know if his wife is also contesting for President of Nigeria

7) Kadaria claimed himself and Volpi owns Intels and at that time they were giving government contracts to them. Atiku claimed he didn't own Intels and obviously he does

Please substantiate your claim because Atiku said he doesn't so I'm surprised how you can sit in your home and dash people companies.
Since you can do so then I need to own Cadbury

8 ) Atiku agreed that the economy was doing fairly well before APC came into power in 2015 (don't forget NOI warned us of coming recession) so it was a gradual economic disintegration

Atiku admitted and it was true so the question is why DiD Apc bastardied the economy that staple food has become luxury. During Yaradua tenure there was Global recession and countries like Greece, Portugal, USA, Spain were hit hard but because Yaradua was proactive he outlined measures to make Nigeria less immune to the adverse effects of global recession that made us to remember today Buhari 1984 and 2016 recession

9) Atiku was asked why he should be elected by Nigerians, he was referring to the achievements of APC. Lack of focus

It's a good answer because he just reminded Nigerians their present Conditions via-a-vis the past Pdp govt. Nigerians will be better judges with their Pvc

He went ahead to mention the judiciary as the problem and delayed cases in court. It makes me wonder if it is not the same rot and unethical practices that he has been publicly and fully supporting in Onnoghen

Atiku explained how he set up Efcc and funded it from privatisation money. I don't know the angle you sat watching the interview yesterday because I will recommend hearing aid to you

12) Atiku claim the farmers Anchors programme was fake. This was a terrible gaffe and I've chosen to write specifically on this because, the facts, figures and proofs of the impact of this programme are too obvious to ignore or rubbish

My only answer is this; DID YOU EAT FOREIGN OR LOCAL RICE IN THE PAST ONE YEAR? if your answer is FOREIGN RICE then you need to ask for the impact of Anchor Borrowers program but if you said LOCAL RICE then be ready to tell us where you buy your own because we really wont mind buying also if the cost is favourable

13) Atiku said he lifted 45,000 thousands family out of poverty via his microfinance bank loan.

It's obvious that figure calling on national TV is very easy especially when there are no means or measures of verification.

I looked at Adamawa rank in poverty list of the states in Nigeria and specifically the top 10 and Adamawa state is presently ranked No. 1. What is this man saying exactly? What impact has he made in Adamawa as vice-president for 8 years? In Yola, I was rightly informed that anything Atiku are the most expensive in the state. How has he made life truly easy for his own people

Microfinance banks are the banks easily accessible by the poor and for Atiku saying 45,000 then he is not really clear with his maths because 100, 000 and more should be a better calculation with ripple effect those funds create for the family of the borrowers and how far it ameliorate their plight.
Atiku juice and water company in Adamawa is so cheap that if same is in Lagos with same quality then Chi group will be in a panic mode.
Atiku was the VP not governor of Adamawa so shall we say that Osibanjo should be blamed for the high rate of Rituals in It in state since poverty and ignorance caused it.

[/i]

Get Atikulated because your reasons are not germane and looks so pedestrian and ignorant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by disturbedman: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku scored a big own goal with that opportunity.
He will give amnesty to looters? Isn't that re-enforcing what people are warry of?

What the fvck is wrong with this man?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Fedayeen02: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Hundreddegrees(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2019
Everything you wrote up there is nonsense and Buhari, you're a pained zombie that is looking for propaganda to campaign with.. Take heart i know you're in sifia pains

7 Likes

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by gurunlocker: 10:23am On Jan 31, 2019
How many blunders were you able to note during buhari interview?

shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by livelymatilda22: 10:25am On Jan 31, 2019
Nice one. They were obviously not sincere..
Tell Atiku to go and campaign in the whole South East or what is he scared of?
Buhari has done more South East,South South and South West campaigning than Atiku despite starting late..

Let him not complain after election ooo

Lalasticlala mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Moferere: 10:41am On Jan 31, 2019
At least he admitted to making mistakes, unlike that old man who always claimed to be holier than christ

1 Like

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by iwayumeh: 10:44am On Jan 31, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
As a Nigerian it's important to take watch of sensitive questions that was asked but was answered with irrelevant humor or outrightly omitted intentionally.

I stand to state clearly here that these sensitive questions were borne from issues that concerns the situation of the nation and hence, cannot be ignored.

Which mean in a simple understanding, steal the money, and we shall collect whatever is left back and if you give us, we would let you go free.

2) He claimed he is the most investigated politician, the question is who and who investigated Atiku?

Let me state here that, at that time, the educational funds were disburse to several platforms and federal agencies headed by his friends. Which means he obviously has been enriching his friends before now.

5) Atiku admitted to making mistake in policy implementation as concerning privatization. Obviously, NITEL couldn't value much again and was sold 1/5 of the initial value.

6) When asked about the implication of his wife in the case of fraud in the US, Atiku declared that his wife is an American. That must be a joke!

7) Kadaria claimed himself and Volpi owns Intels and at that time they were giving government contracts to them. Atiku claimed he didn't own Intels and obviously he does.

8 ) Atiku agreed that the economy was doing fairly well before APC came into power in 2015 (don't forget NOI warned us of coming recession) so it was a gradual economic disintegration.

9) Atiku was asked why he should be elected by Nigerians, he was referring to the achievements of APC. Lack of focus!

10) Obi suddenly became a stammerer and couldn't clearly explain why he used the money of Anambra's people to enrich his family via the brewery he brought. (I would say Willie Obiano was right about him)

12) Atiku claim the farmers Anchors programme was fake. This was a terrible gaffe and I've chosen to write specifically on this because, the facts, figures and proofs of the impact of this programme are too obvious to ignore or rubbish.

I looked at Adamawa rank in poverty list of the states in Nigeria and specifically the top 10 and Adamawa state is presently ranked No. 1. What is this man saying exactly? What impact has he made in Adamawa as vice-president for 8 years? In Yola, I was rightly informed that anything Atiku are the most expensive in the state. How has he made life truly easy for his own people?

14) In August 2018, Obasanjo listed the many crimes of Atiku and accordingly claimed that he won't forgive him. As a result of the question asked from the audience, related issue was raised.

In response, Atiku didn't denial his crimes neither did he rebut the dent on his personality as rightly asked but he went ahead to say if Obasanjo has now changed his mind, then that's it.

For Peter Obi, he supported Atiku by talking about referee and replays in football matches.

Before we get carried away, the big issue is, the forgiveness of Obasanjo does not mean Atiku didn't commit the said crimes under Obasanjo and it's a pity that such question was once again answered with irrelevant comics.

* Atiku seem to be making sense to gullible minds because of the group of persons clapping at almost every statement Atiku made. Kinda makes me wonder how much they were paid.

* In Atiku and Obi, I saw two politicians always on the defensive and counterattacking the interviewer instead of stating clearly there agenda, making Kadaria look like she's witch hunting them with questions.

* Obi appears like a joker, he was a comedian than a politician and he playfully dodge several questions to the point that the Moderator asked him several times to be serious.

* PDP audience lacked comportment, they made the town hall meeting a rowdy and intimidating for Kadaria but she held her turf. At a time she asked them to have respect for Nigerians who are watching this.

I think above all opinions and sentiments, the performance of Atiku and Obi in reference to PDP governance for 16 years and prospectives of this duo for Nigeria if elected does not have a solid structure that can carry this nation.

Matured comments are expected from sane minds else it will be ignored infinitely.

Nonsensical write up

Op you are incompetent for this job you took go and refund APC

5 Likes

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by iwayumeh: 10:46am On Jan 31, 2019
Dear Nairalanders the Op is not smart at all

Atiku and Obi we're on Fire yesterday

This kindergarten attempt to rubbish thier performance show how shallow minded APC supporters are

4 Likes

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by iwayumeh: 10:47am On Jan 31, 2019
disturbedman:
Atiku scored a big own goal with that opportunity.
He will give amnesty to looters? Isn't that re-enforcing what people are warry of?

What the fvck is wrong with this man?

Earn your 30 k it is legal but Nigerians have rejected Buhari

1 Like

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by wilsonchilboy(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2019
U must be jobless asf to put up dis write up
Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by keneryhark(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2019
the complexity of our law makes the fight against corruption a very difficult one with various injunctions and petitions that allows corrupt cases foot drag for years and highly expensive for the government. wouldn't it be better to give amnesty to looter, reach an agreement that even allow such looter reveal all available loophole , you block the said loophole, recover money for immediate use to revitalize the economy than persecute looter for years, some cases might even exceed your tenure and wouldn't get the require money to improve the economy. I think the best way to fight corruption is to recover money without spending any to recovery and blocking loophole for future reoccurrence.

3 Likes

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by iwayumeh: 10:53am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:
Buhari has done more South East,South South and South West campaigning than Atiku despite starting late..

Let him not complain after election o

Lalasticlala mynd44

Shut up this poo does not deserve front page it should be deleted because it contains many false information. The Mods are intelligent enough to know truth when they see it
Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by iwayumeh: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Let him not complain after election ooo

Lalasticlala mynd44

Shut up this poo does not deserve front page it should be deleted because it contains many false information. The Mods are intelligent enough to know truth when they see it
Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by jchioma: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2019
I knew Z'ombies will look for loopholes in the very intelligent display of superior wisdom and articulation as displayed by the duo of Atiku and Obi, but the truth is that their performance for whatever evil intentions by the interviewer to grill them beyond measure, is a million times better than the incoherent Z'ai Baba and his vice, Prof "we were where we are".
Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by NinjaMetahuman: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2019
I wonder how any sane person will watch yesterdays interview and still consider atiku an option.. like freaking seriously..

Army carrying dangerous weapons that can be devastating in the hand of terrorist were blocked by violent protesters throwing missiles at them,
Atiku thinks the best solution is for army to call the police grin

I'm supposed to vote this brain dead fela..

Buhari underperformed, but atiku is just a no no..

By the way, why does peter obi sound like gay rat.. I will literally blow a fuse if I have to hear that voice for next 4years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by kattieadina12: 11:25am On Jan 31, 2019
i think they did well though

1 Like

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Korllami007: 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
Whenever I see anyone supporting buhari all I see is turkey in human form like the this writer, they are very dumb like their master that doesn't recognise people. I can't employ buhari as my gateman with his level of his qualification, IQ, and health. Buhari will just open my gate to thieves thinking it was me because he cant recognise.
Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
You really tried to make sense but unfortunately couldnt
SEONaijaExpert:

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by otipoju(m): 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
Some people have comprehension problems.
Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2019
The writer of the above piece is promoting an illiterate against a Billionaire Businessman with better Education, knowledge of Economic Dynamics, Experienced in Democratic Ideals, with a running mate whose pedigree is greater than Obama's.

Can you clap for the f0ols, who do not love Nigeria enough to cast a vote for the Best Combination of President/Vice President since 1960 ?

With these Billionaires, Aso Rock will be home to the most brilliant minds, who will spare nothing to ensure that all Nigerians are proud of smartsuit wearing Presidents since the British left us cold ?

Any one who votes for Buhari against Atiku, is more foolish than a goat, cos Buhari of the 'governatorial' embarrasment can not even be trusted to run a Cyber Cafe. What does he even know ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Cletus77(m): 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Damage control thread again.
How many errors did you pick when Buhari was interviewed?. SEOnaijaexpert I didn't expect from this from you..
Level up plz
Re: 14 Blunders Of Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On The Candidates by Babacele: 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
963AvatarSpirit:
The writer of the above piece is promoting an illiterate against a Billionaire Businessman with better Education, knowledge of Economic Dynamics, Experienced in Democratic Ideals, with a running mate whose pedigree is greater than Obama's.

Can you clap for the f0ols, who do not love Nigeria enough to cast a vote for the Best Combination of President/Vice President since 1960 ?

With these Billionaires, Aso Rock will be home to the most brilliant minds, who will spare nothing to ensure that all Nigerians are proud of smartsuit wearing Presidents since the British left us cold ?

Any one who votes for Buhari against Atiku, is more foolish than a goat, cos Buhari of the 'governatorial' embarrasment can not even be trusted to run a Cyber Cafe. What does he even know ?
it is you who needs some education. First, PMB birthed NNPC ,most oil depots in the country and even the LNGs that are the cash cow from which many are stealing today.
Truth is ,age might be taking its toll on Buhari but a civil servant who breached extant civil service rules to ' become billionaire' is no match educationally, in experience or what have you to Buhari.

That rogue who forges figures to lie his way to hell is better than Obama? Yes that is why Anambra he left is global model of good governance,development and economic growth. No be lie. Next Level.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: European Union Monitors React To El-rufai’s Statement On Foreign Interv / Do Away With Obasanjo Now, He Is The Genesis Of Nigeria's Problems / SEE The Last Facebook Post Of Nigerian Professor That Died In Plane Crash(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.