Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland (1535 Views)

Two Job Offers: I'm Confused / I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by Seknat: 12:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
Guys, Pls advice me... I got a Job in a small company..Ekesons transport at jibowu a stone throw to my house with 130k net pay...
and another in a Big RealEstate firm (Group) in one of the Big towers at lawschool with 150k gross..... Which one do you advise i go for.

The Big firm is offering HMO, but work halfday on saturdays.
While the transport firm is not doing HMO but also works halfday on saturdays and 80% of d staff are igbos and me i dont even understand igbo atall.

Please whats the advantage working in a RealEstate firm over transportation firm. Which of d two industries experience is relevant to one's career and highly valued by nigerian companies.

Pls Advice as both offer letters are with me as i type.
Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by Jonadull: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
Say no more

Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by Amicable22: 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2019
It Depends totally on you..

What career path do you want for yourself and which of the two will lead you towards achieving your goal..

Also, Consider your transportation cost.. It is very important.

With that said...please please hook me up with the one you will forgo.
Thanks in anticipation.

Congratulations Jaree....it is not easy.

3 Likes

Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by BoboKush(m): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2019
.... Would advice the real estate because of the pay n HMO
Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by wisestman(m): 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2019
Its about career growth. Which has a career growth after u join. I don't really see any in that transport company, forget about tribe and forget the salary or closeness to ur house. Take the second offer and start think of growing to the next level as you enter. By the way, if there is any way u can find out secretly what happened to the previous staff in both places would be nice though just for curiosity sake sha not compulsory oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by Seknat: 7:12am On Feb 01, 2019
After deductions of Tax and pension the take Home will be like 125k, isnt dat too small....and tfare is also there. But d small coy is net of 130k widaot any tfare.

Guys Pls i need Your advices
Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by chubbyG(m): 9:04am On Feb 01, 2019
Seknat:
After deductions of Tax and pension the take Home will be like 125k, isnt dat too small....and tfare is also there. But d small coy is net of 130k widaot any tfare.

Guys Pls i need Your advices

Take Into consideration your career growth.
Which of them gives you better career opportunities
Like you said in your earlier post, if you are not used to people always speaking their language in work place....you also consider...
consider stress, rest of mind also...
lastly, job security
Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by GreenCap: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2019
Seknat:
Guys, Pls advice me... I got a Job in a small company..Ekesons transport at jibowu a stone throw to my house with 130k net pay...
and another in a Big RealEstate firm (Group) in one of the Big towers at lawschool with 150k gross..... Which one do you advise i go for.

The Big firm is offering HMO, but work halfday on saturdays.
While the transport firm is not doing HMO but also works halfday on saturdays and 80% of d staff are igbos and me i dont even understand igbo atall.

Please whats the advantage working in a RealEstate firm over transportation firm. Which of d two industries experience is relevant to one's career and highly valued by nigerian companies.

Pls Advice as both offer letters are with me as i type.

Victoria Island real estate firm

long-term benefit, polished team

Yaba Mainland bus transport company

short-term profit, unrefined team
Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by Bamz(m): 11:13am On Feb 01, 2019
Which of d two industries experience is relevant to one's career?

Only you can answer this question, unless of course it's your very first job. Nairaland won't decide your career for you.

To your second question, big name companies matter in CVs but I think the experience and job specific functions matter the most.

If you're smart enough to secure two jobs, heck, deciding between them will be a piece of cake. What you will get here will be conflicting opinions.
Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by JUHABACH: 11:27am On Feb 01, 2019
depends one question; where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
just take a few hours to think about that question. the right answer will come.
good luck.
Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by Pojomojo: 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
iI grin
****************************************************************************************************************
Min of 1 yr of work exp in the travel industry is required for all roles.

1. Visa Officer
2. Ticketing and Reservation Officer
3. Ticketing and Reservation Manager/supervisor
4. Tour Manager
5. Tour Officer
6. Corporate sales manager
7. Corporate sales executives/officers
8. Social Media Manager
9. Customer service Executives/ Telesales
10. Compliance officer

Application closing date: 15th February, 2019.
send CV with the role they are applying to as the subject of the mail to recruitment@aspomtravel.com.
******************************************************************************************************************
The honest truth is that both jobs should be seen as short term jobs. I do not see you spending a long time in either job due to the salaries on offer.

You would obviously be looking for other opportunities irrespective of which of the 2 you chose.

I would advise you take the job which is a stone throw away from house just for the work experience so long as you have a plan to move on within the next few yrs. The money and working conditions could be better but the work experience would be invaluable.

At this stage of your career, work experience is more important. Some people even work for free just to gain relevant work experience.

If you take the job in the VI you may enjoy the working conditions but the work experience will be that valuable, but factor in traffic, early rise and distance.

Irrespective of which offer you take, just don't plan to remain there in the long term.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by HenryThegreat1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
Pojomojo:
iI grin
The honest truth is that both jobs should be seen as short term jobs. I do not see you spending a long time in either job due to the salaries on offer.

You would obviously be looking for other opportunities irrespective of which of the 2 you chose.

I would advise you take the job which is a stone throw away from house just for the work experience so long as you have a plan to move on within the next few yrs. The money and working conditions could be better but the work experience would be invaluable.

At this stage of your career, work experience is more important. Some people even work for free just to gain relevant work experience.

If you take the job in the VI you may enjoy the working conditions but the work experience will be that valuable, but factor in traffic, early rise and distance.

Irrespective of which offer you take, just don't plan to remain there in the long term.
. So 125k and 130k salary is too small for this present Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by Pojomojo: 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2019
Yes, u don enter market today.
HenryThegreat1:
. So 125k and 130k salary is too small for this present Nigeria.
Re: Got Two Job Offers....island And Mainland by HenryThegreat1(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2019
My oga is not about market price but high rate of employment in Nigeria. The demand is far more than supply as a result to see 80k salary non be moi moi o.
Pojomojo:
Yes, u don enter market today.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make Cool Cash Online Now / Full Time Posters Wanted, 30K Monthly Plus Data / Breaking; Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.