Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,851 members, 7,862,782 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

Nigeria Grabs First Place At World Para Powerlifting Championships - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Grabs First Place At World Para Powerlifting Championships (256 Views)

World Para Powerlifting African Championships 2022: How we fared in Cairo / Birmingham 2022: Folashade (Gold), Omolayo (Silver) In Women's Para-powerlifting / Birmingham 2022: Nnamdi Claims Bronze In Men's Para-powerlifting Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Grabs First Place At World Para Powerlifting Championships by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2019
The Nigerian contingent at the just concluded 2019 Lagos World Para Powerlifting Invitational Championships came first. They packed up numerous gold, silver and bronze medals at the tournament.

It ended on Wednesday, January 30.

The Nigerian team thoroughly dominated the tournament, which held at the Oriental Hotel, Lagos. They won all the gold medals that were up for grabs. In total, the Nigerian team won 50 medals from 28 events. What a scintillating performance!

A breakdown of Nigeria’s medal haul shows they won 28 Gold, 15 Silver, and 7 Bronze. Speaking to NAN, Feyisetan Are, head coach of the Nigeria Para Powerlifting teampoured encomiums on the victorious athletes.

He said, “I am happy with what my athletes have been able to achieve on home soil, they all performed excellently well.

“I remember that sometimes last year, i vowed that we are going to host and win this competition and I thank God that it has come to reality.

“I must say that the future of powerlifting in Nigeria is bright, the upcoming athletes really proved their worth in the championships and we will continue to nurture them to stardom.

“We have world class equipment to train them and we will expose them to more international competitions.”

Zikistmovement.com joins the rest if the country to congratulate the team for making Nigeria proud.

Source: http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2019/01/31/nigeria-grabs-first-place-at-world-para-powerlifting-championship/

Re: Nigeria Grabs First Place At World Para Powerlifting Championships by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Grabs First Place At World Para Powerlifting Championships by CreepyBlackpool: 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
We want to know their names and their faces! angry

If its crime that they were accused of commiting now you'll go to any length to get their personal details even before proven guilty.

Let us know the names of those making us proud!

(1) (Reply)

For Boxing Lovers: Who Is Your Best Boxer? / Manchester United And Liverpool Settle For A Draw In Tense Encounter (video) / Daily 2odd Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.